Goodbye Jesus

Small-Minded Messengers.

SpiritVortex

I don't hate Christians. Really, I only have a small number of people due to encounters I've had with them, and not because of judgement. I even have a small handful of Christian friends. However, I have a big problem with people who can't mind their own business, and from my experience, a large number of those people happen to be Christian. I really do not enjoy going to local coffee shops, having a bible study notice my tattoos, piercings, and hair, and then say something along the lines of "god told me to reach out to you" when in reality, they can't accept that not everyone dresses the same. One of the problems I had while in the church was that I was an outcast due to how I choose to dress. Yes, I expect stares, comments, ECT for how I look, because it's my choice to stand out. It's flat out judgement based on how I dress that gets under my skin. I looked the way I do when I was a Christian, and I nearly drove myself insane trying to adhere to the standards that Christians place upon others (but often overlook when it comes to themselves) including the part about not judging others. Also, I don't go up to people with shirts featuring bible versus or other religious messages and imply that they are somehow misled. All I'm asking for is the same respect. I still hold many of the same values that I did when I was a Christian, such as not stealing, lying, cheating, or otherwise intentionally hurting others. The only real differences between who I am now and who I was back then are that I engage in sex without being married (come to find out that many of my former judges weren't as pure as they claimed) and I don't believe in the god of the bible. I'm not some kind of god-hating, Christian-bashing, demon-possessed person just because I'm different. If you're that closed minded, and god is choosing you as a representative, then I'm fine with going to hell.

Do total strangers actually tell you the lord is leading them to reach to you? Wow. Even I've never met freaks like that, I don't think.

Do total strangers actually tell you the lord is leading them to reach to you? Wow. Even I've never met freaks like that, I don't think.

It's fairly common in The South. Especially when you're young.

Once you get a few years on you, they're more cautious about it.

Welcome to the forums, Spirit.

Them: "god told me to reach out to you"

Me: "god told me to ignore you"

I like that. Xians fear what they don't understand, and there's a shitload they don't understand.