Goodbye Jesus

Suckered Into Gospel

roadrunner

So I went to the fair and when e enter there was a tent and the lady asked if the kids wanted to hear a story. Stupid me in a great mood thought it was going to be a real story of course it was the gospel. What if I pulled unsuspecting people to the side to tell them there is no god. I told my wife they painted a rosey picture for the kids about love but never mentioned hell. I then ranted about how it was evil to tell kids the gospel. Its truly bad news

[Creepy voice]"Come'ere, little girl."

That is inappropriate on so many levels. Why does society allow this?

I hope you let the lady have it, both barrels!

Several years ago, before I deconverted and was not in a good place spiritually, I was at a county fair. There were two guys there with this little box you could look through the glass on top and see a fake skull. There was a sign about "Where will you be when your body is this condition" or something to that effect. I mumbled something about being a good person. They told me that wasn't good enough but I kept on walking. I'm not really sure what I'd tell them now - would probably depend on whether I was feeling feisty or not.

The gospel is bad news. There was a pithy little saying I heard from a Baptist preacher: "I am going to give you the good news but first I am going to give you the bad news- you are a sinner."

No, my friends, it starts bad and its bad news all the way...

I mentioned that they need to tell the alternative and be upfront. the wife agreed that to bring up hell and burning forever was not appropriate for kids. So I simply said that is evil and left it alone. I try not to drill in atheism to my wife but just create "teachable moments". a simple brief step back from in the bubble and have a look from my perspective then leave it alone. not too much just a quick thought and then drop it.

After the Gospel message is shared there is no harm in announcing nice and loud: "But don't worry kids. It's just a story! There is no such thing as ghosts . . . or angles . . . or gods".

Personally, I'd be all "oooh, fun story! Now let me tell one, about how Osiris died for your crops and got a golden penis!"

My myths are better. zDuivel2.gif

• Like 2