Goodbye Jesus

If you take some Judaism, and add Paganism,

MQTA

Judaism was raped, stripped, and repainted.

http://www.medmalexperts.com/POCM/pagan_ideas_forgotten.html

Was Christianity new? Was Christianity unique?

There are similarities between Christianity an Paganism that we've forgotten.

10% tithing

eclipse of the sun marking great divine events

killing babies at the announcement of a kings birth

other ancient people though pigs were unclean

Jewish circumcision copied from Egyptians, say the ancients

frankinsense an myrrh were spices given to Gods in Pagan ritual

"giving up the ghost" a greek phrase, a greek idea

divine radience

fast before baptism—early Christians and Pagans both did it

dreams

divine posession = filled with the holy spirit

http://www.medmalexperts.com/POCM/getting_started_pocm.html

I love that site!

The Egyptians did female circumcision too. I am so thankful that custom didn't carry over to Christianity.

*crossing legs*

Taph

I'm still reading it... it's another energizer site... it just keeps going, and going.

"

Non-Christian

No non-Christian alive when Jesus lived ever mentions seeing Jesus or hearing Jesus -- or even hearing about Jesus!

They don't mention the star that heralded His birth.

They don't mention Herod's slaughter of boy babies.

They don't mention crowds gathered to hear Him preach.

They don't mention His trial.

They don't mention His crucifixion.

They don't mention His resurrection.

They never mention anything He said, or anywhere He went, or anything He thought, or anything He said, or anything He did.

No non-Christian alive when Jesus lived ever mentions Him at all. Not once.

Christian

What about the Christian record made by people who knew Jesus? There isn't any! The second part of the New Testament -- Acts and letters by Paul and other apostles was of course written after Jesus died, by people who didn't know Him. They say so themselves.

As to the "first" part of the New Testament, the Gospels, partly because Mark mentions the Jewish-Roman war of the 70s AD, and because Matthew and Luke quote Mark, the consensus of mainstream modern scholarship is that the gospels were written decades after Jesus' death -- by people who never met Him! Some scholars guess the gospels were written late in the first century, maybe forty or fifty years after Jesus died. But that's just a guess -- a low ball guess. The gospels are not mentioned by in any other Christian writings -- Clement, Polycarp, Ignatius, for example -- until about 150 AD. Many scholars guess they existed before 150 AD -- but a scholarly guess is still just a guess.

There is no contemporary record that Jesus existed. None. That's not a guess, that's a fact.

Hey, wait a minute -- the uniqueness of Christ is a point the canonical writings hit pretty hard. After Jesus or not, don't the early Christian writings prove Christianity is unique?

No, they don't. The early Christians did not think Jesus was unique. Here at the Pagan Origins web site, you've read directly what the earliest Christians --Tertullian, Justin Martyr, Origen --wrote about Jesus and the Pagan Gods. They said that He was similar. Remember Justin Martyr?"

http://www.medmalexperts.com/POCM/triumph_...cholarship.html

I check back all the time to see the new stuff he's added. He doesn't expect to complete the site until 2007.

I love how he adds the book lists as if to say, "Don't just take my word for it, check it out for yourself."

I check back all the time to see the new stuff he's added. He doesn't expect to complete the site until 2007.

I love how he adds the book lists as if to say, "Don't just take my word for it, check it out for yourself."

He also says:

When we-modern folks - look at a painting of Jesus we understand he really didn't look like this. They didn't have the technology to make photos then.

Leonardo made this likeness up, he just flat made it up. But when he did he wasn't lying. Folks back then didn't even have the concept of an exact likeness.

When you read the Christian Gospels you should understand the ancients also didn't have the technology or the concept of needing to quote people's words exactly. They needed a quote, they made it up. Like a painter makes up a painting. Everyone back then understood how it worked. Sometimes we forget.

I'm still reading it. Fascinating stuff, for sure.

I'm on the TVPDSFU pages now.