Goodbye Jesus

4Th Century Coptic Papyrus Refers To Jesus' "wife"

ficino

See link:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/18/the-gospel-of-jesus-wife_n_1891325.html?1347990916&icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D207309

Speculation that Jesus was married has been around for some time. This won't solve it, since the date seems to be 4th century A.D., based on the handwriting; the papyrus fibers themselves await dating.

Guest Babylonian Dream

It would've been odd for him to not have had a wife if he ever did exist. Though to be honest, at 300 years after the myths began circulating, this makes me think of the infancy gospels, they just answer unanswered questions. Just like the 4 gospels do after Paul began his Jesus cult. Where Paul got it, who knows? The more I read about the Jesus story, the more I doubt the historicity of Jesus.

It seems to me like the jews came to realize after Simon's failed revolution, that their physical messiah wasn't coming, so they redeemed God by inventing a spiritual one, one that filled the roles of the Roman mystery cults.

• Like 1

Makes me think of Sam Kinison's "Jesus Didn't have a wife" bit

It was awesome how all these theologians are careful to distance this discovery from any confirmation of a "historical" Jesus and carefully insist that really it's just talking about the early church's concept of marriage. I'm very curious about its veracity, but since it's so hostile to the modern church's concept of Jesus, there's good odds either way for it being a fairly modern fake or a truly ancient realsies. Be interesting to see how the papyrus dates out.

Makes me think of Sam Kinison's "Jesus Didn't have a wife" bit

Ask and ye shall receive: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSwG9Tojg9I