Goodbye Jesus

Damned British

LadyFeline

Hi FITD, I didn't mean to pick on you directly with my post. I was merely trying to inject the macro economic factors that affect how decisions are made by those in industry, those in govt, and by those in the average household.

Of course if you drill all the way down to the micro economic factors of an individual family you will find deviations from the norm. I really wasn't trying to be judgemental with my post. Until there is a large enough demand though there will be no incentative for the govt to build up the public transportation infrastructure. Doing so won't garner votes in the US. I'm not sure that public transportation can be supported by private enterprise as long as gas prices are still relatively cheap. Even with the high gas prices Europe pays their governments still have to subsidize the transportation sector.

Sorry if I offended you, I know you, me, or we have no control over these factors personally.

No problem, Vigile. I wasn't really angry or offended by what you said. I know you weren't picking on me directly.