Goodbye Jesus

If Not For Facebook, Would Any Of You Still Have Any Christian Friends?

Chikirin

Thank you TwistedHiss, and welcome to ExC!

I don't remember anyone actually saying to me that I was "negative". Its more the "what's wrong?" question, when nothing is wrong. That is, nothing in particular is wrong at that moment, but when I am in deep thought, at work, it seems to me just dumb to ask something like that.

There is a distinct possibility I might be fired next week. I guess it won't upset me too much if it happens, because I am sick of the negative atmosphere. I totally can't figure out why other people act the way they do sometimes, and it bothers me. Maybe it ought not to, but it is just so unpleasant. I was trying to push my boss a little with my dry sense of humor and it backfired big time. I don't regret doing it, because maybe, just maybe this person will think about what they said - I doubt it, but it might be possible. I think these things would bother any sensitive person.

I am much better off when I am by myself. Its nice to have good people around, but to be honest, that has been exceptional in my life. Most of the time it has been very tough for me. I honestly think people ought to either think about what they are saying before they speak or just keep quiet.

Anyway, again, welcome.

I'm a kitty-cat person and have a very dry or weird sense of humor, I've found many people don't 'get' it. Have you ever been accused of being 'negative' because somebody doesn't understand that you're not being serious?

Welcome Hiss

...and yes. Not just negative. People will take it literally. When we're that dry, it sounds real enough.

Thank you for the welcome! Yeah you're right, they can take it literally. I think they're pretty dry in the UK; I have some English/Scottish genes - maybe that's where I get it from, flipped the dry humor switch 'on' or something. :)

Thank you TwistedHiss, and welcome to ExC!

I don't remember anyone actually saying to me that I was "negative". Its more the "what's wrong?" question, when nothing is wrong. That is, nothing in particular is wrong at that moment, but when I am in deep thought, at work, it seems to me just dumb to ask something like that.

There is a distinct possibility I might be fired next week. I guess it won't upset me too much if it happens, because I am sick of the negative atmosphere. I totally can't figure out why other people act the way they do sometimes, and it bothers me. Maybe it ought not to, but it is just so unpleasant. I was trying to push my boss a little with my dry sense of humor and it backfired big time. I don't regret doing it, because maybe, just maybe this person will think about what they said - I doubt it, but it might be possible. I think these things would bother any sensitive person.

I am much better off when I am by myself. Its nice to have good people around, but to be honest, that has been exceptional in my life. Most of the time it has been very tough for me. I honestly think people ought to either think about what they are saying before they speak or just keep quiet.

Anyway, again, welcome.

Thanks. I don't know if it helps, but my workplace is extremely negative also. If you are sensitive it's pretty draining. I'm sorry you have the added stress of possibly being fired; I've gotten kind of so I don't care if I were - I'm kind of reading that you're at that point as well. It's stressful but it isn't :D

I never posted here partly because of being such a loner. I am better off mostly on my own as well. I tend to pick up how others feel; so if they're choatic or negative it affects me; likewise do sunny or positive people also in a good way, so that part is good :)

I had adapted fairly well but unfortunately with the job I have now, it's been pretty awful. I felt completely bombarded, I would go home and lose it (which told me it was a terrible fit for the type of person I am). I'm in the process of figuing out what I need to do to make that situation better.

I hope it works out well somehow for the both of us!

• Like 1