Goodbye Jesus

Jesus was copied from Mithra?

Guest Jesus knows Kung Fu

It seems that no advancement can be made in the thread that I started in the Lions den due to the erroneuos assumptions on part of the Christ mythers. Since everyone here seems to think that:

And it is painfully obvious that “Christ” is nothing but “Mithras” in disguise.

then we need to regress to an 099 level and do some more studying before we wade out into deeper waters.

Here, we are going to explore these alleged parallels between Mithra and Jesus and see if they are valid.

I'll begin by saying that there is no reference in any ancient literature that mentions Mithra being born of a virgin, so let's not waste any time on that one.

Who wants to begin? And please, don't post anything unless you have solid referenced sources of these alleged copycat claims. My challenge is that there are absolutely NONE!

Also notice how my post was erased on the other thread when I asked the same question. Quite telling heh?

AHHHHRRRRR! No it wasn't No it wasn't. I'm just a fiend for your harry love, that's all it amounts to!

All gods are myths; *especially* the Father, Son, and, last but not least, the Holy Ghost.

How many lost souls have you rounded back into your militant worship of ignorance known as Christianity?

If you want to understand why I do not follow your diatribe it is because of this:

When I die, I want to never be associated with you in any way, or any of your followers, for an eternity, and longer if possible.

Your last resort, then, is ad hominem or to leave.

The Jesus myth was just built from the Mirthas myth. Nothing more.

All gods are myths; *especially* the Father, Son, and, last but not least, the Holy Ghost.

How many lost souls have you rounded back into your militant worship of ignorance known as Christianity?

If you want to understand why I do not follow your diatribe it is because of this:

When I die, I want to never be associated with you in any way, or any of your followers, for an eternity, and longer if possible.

So is this your round about way of saying that you have zero evidence that jesus was copied from Mithras?

OOOOOOHHHH! Now that explains everything! Bodhi, I think you need more training. :thanks:

So is this your round about way of saying that you have zero evidence that jesus was copied from Mithras?

Start here: www.christianism.com

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mithra

"By at least the Hellenistic era, Mithra was identified as the son of Anahita, a goddess with extensive parallels to Near Eastern mother-deities who is not mentioned in the early Avesta. The largest temple with a Mithraic connection is the Seleucid temple at Kangavar in western Iran (c. 200 BC), which is dedicated to "Anahita, the Immaculate Virgin Mother of the Lord Mithras".

The birth of Mithra is celebrated at the eve of the winter solstice, called Shab-e Yalda in Persian, as befits a god of light."

I need to know...do you understand what a myth is? Just checking.

Who wants to begin? And please, don't post anything unless you have solid referenced sources of these alleged copycat claims. My challenge is that there are absolutely NONE!

Well, that didn't take long. Care to refine your challenge or are we done here?

Jesus is a compilation of myths. I made this chart awhile ago and is only based upon the book "The Jesus Mysteries" and their sources. But you get the point.

Download the pdf. Easier to read.

GodComparisionChart01.pdf

Jesus is a compilation of myths. I made this chart awhile ago and is only based upon one source. But you get the point.

Dude - why do you have Bush in there? LOL

Hey, do you have a larger copy of that? I'd like to have one - can you PM or email me a copy?

That is a cool chart.

Let's bet money on whether JkKF will insist on us proving that Mythras existed and if we can't then it's not true and Christianity didn't copy from something that is not true.

That seems to be his way of debating.

Let's bet money on whether JkKF will insist on us proving that Mythras existed and if we can't then it's not true and Christianity didn't copy from something that is not true.

I don't think you'll get anyone to take that bet...

That is a cool chart.

That seems to be his way of debating.

True!

But we know that it doesn't matter if he actually existed or not, the story exists and existed long before Christianity.

I like how kung-fu man makes the inference that the Mithras-Christ connection is some brand-new goofy idea created on the internet.

If it's a brand new idea, then the founding fathers of Christianity sure wasted a lot of ink on the issue.

Origen, Augustine, Dionysius, Jerome, Justin, and Tertullian all wrote something about Mithras in attempting their defense of the gospel.

Well, I should add too that not only is the overall Jesus myth cut and paste from other pagan myths, Jesus as God is essentially a pagan concept. The Jews were right to reject Jesus as God. Only God is God, even though he appoints a human from time to time to be his special one, that person is still not God. Pagan's could buy this idea however, because Pagans were the first to to believe that gods could be men. Q.E.D.

Besides all that, Christians didn't just stop at grafting and adopting the biographies from other pagan men/gods or the miracles by wandering ascetic pagan philosophers, but outright incorporating pagan philosophy, i.e. the perfect form of "the good" (Platonic forms of perfection) to God (the logos). This is why so much was spent lavishly on Medieval Cathedrals and their elaborate decoration because the argument ran that these Cathedrals mirrored what Heaven was like. Augustine was very much influenced by neo-platonism of Plotinus, but largely relied on the dogma of the Church and less the bible to settle or bloster his faith.

Anyway, much hand-wringing was made over the trinity doctrine, and of course, today's garden variety Xian forgets this controversy and all bad blood between pro- and anti-Nicean camps of the developing theology. Trinitarianism is a doctrine and has little support within the bible and you can thank and only thank imperial decree for settling the issue, despite the fact that trinitarism is heretical.

Bodhi-in-training did a fine job on the virgin birth. I suppose we could move on to the Eucharist. (sacred meal)

Justin Martyr. 150 CE. First Apology. Chapter LXVI.

"For the apostles, in the memoirs composed by them, which are called Gospels, have thus delivered unto us what was enjoined upon them; that Jesus took bread, and when He had given thanks, said, "This do ye in remembrance of Me, this is My body;" and that, after the same manner, having taken the cup and given thanks, He said, "This is My blood;" and gave it to them alone. Which the wicked devils have imitated in the mysteries of Mithras, commanding the same thing to be done. For, that bread and a cup of water are placed with certain incantations in the mystic rites of one who is being initiated, you either know or can learn. "

It was "wicked devils" who imitated this meal, and not "wicked men", because they imitated it in advance. Plagiarism by anticipation.

The worship of Mithras began amongst the Roman soldiers in the first century BCE. (As evidenced by Plutarch's writings concerning Cilician pirates delivering Mithraism to Roman troops after they were defeated and transported to Pompey.) By the first century CE it was gaining in popularity, as evidenced in Statius' "Thebaid" circa 80CE, and Plutarch's (46CE - 127CE) "Life of Pompey"

OOOOOOHHHH! Now that explains everything! Bodhi, I think you need more training. :thanks:

no comeback?

I should point out that Kung-Fu-Jesus-Chop-Seuy-Religion-Guy is presenting a dicohomty that if Mithra can't be proven true, then Jesus is true by default.

Sorry, you must present your evidence for why Jesus is a reality. And let's say you can do that.. prove that Jesus did, in fact, exist. However, that doesn't end your burden of proof. A man can walk on water? A man can wilt a fig tree, kill children that out-run him (obscure non-canonical reference) and drive evil demons into pigs - where is your evidence that can establish this beyond the NT? The recent debate on the resurrection of Jesus between Richard Carrier and Frank Turek (on IG) was an exercise in Occam's Razor. The problem with Turek's employment of Occam's Razor is that his burden of proof for the whole bible (he did state that from Gen 1:1 is true) has increased exponentially! He fell into the trap, of which he made himself, and I think that Carrier missed a golden opportunity to roast him with it.

From the German wikipedia:

"Mythologie

Mithras wurde von einem Vatergott ausgeschickt, um die Welt zu retten. Er wurde von einer Jungfrau in einer Felsenhöhle geboren und bewirkte verschiedene Wunder auf der Erde. [...]" (Emphasis mine)

Translation:

"Mythology

Mithras was sent by a father god to save the world. He was born of a virgin in a cave and worked a number of miracles on earth [...]"

Sound familiar? :wicked:

(Edit: Forgot one quotation mark)

[q]

This new composite (federated) religion would become the official state (political) religion. It would be coequal and fused with the Mithraic religion (worship of God through his crucified, anointed, savior Son, Mithra). It would also be fused with the official Roman derivation of the Mithraic religion, the Sol Invictus (Unconquered Sun) religion. This was the worship of God And the Emperor through Apollo and/or Mithra as the Savior Anointed (the Jesus Christ). Apollo and Mithra were symbolized as the Son of the Sun. The Sun was the visible sign of the invisible God. The soldiers and Greeks worshiped through the Persian name, Mithra, while the elite Romans worshiped through his Roman name, Sol Invictus. This was the largest and most popular religion in the Roman world.

Sol Invictus was the religion that worshiped God And the Emperor through Apollo or Mithra. This savior God also carried the title of Savior Anointed (Jesus Christ in English). Constantine’s new religion would become the only religion the state would recognize. All other religions that refused to join would become outlawed, persecuted and eradicated - and it became so.

[/q]

from Thomas Blaylock Jr's site.

Aaaah, the deafening silence of fundie brat... :pureevil:

And a fleeced one at that. :fdevil:

sheepneedssheared.jpg

Jesus knows Kung Fu before Ex-C

NZ292P27NakedSheep001.jpg

Jesus knows Kung Fu after Ex-C

:lmao::funny::lmao:

I think I'm beginning to see a pattern with these xtians. Can anyone say "Turkey Shoot?" It's almost sad, if it weren't so funny at the same time. :grin: