Goodbye Jesus

Camera in School Bathroom

nivek

Folks...

If this had been a camera in the girls bathroom imagine the shitstorm of complaints...

Kids in publIk SkuLle are being trained quite well to accept the continual watching we *older folks* will n o t accept.

IM N HO the boy oughta be given the opportunity to give the Principal the first dozen lashes.. Of the hundred he deserves.

This kinda shit locally gets fought to a standstill.

kL

http://wmaz.com/news/top_stories.aspx?storyid=20466

Camera in School Bathroom***

A Jasper County mother says her 8th grade son found a video camera taping in the school bathroom this week. But now, he is the one in trouble.

Cindy Champion says her son, Mac Bedor, and a few of his friends took the camera out of the ceiling because they felt it violated their privacy. Champion says her son brought the camera home to show her that afternoon. She says when she contacted the Jasper County Comprehensive School, she found out high school principal, Howard Fore, put the camera there. She says Fore told her he put the camera in the boys' bathroom to catch students vandalizing. Champion says her son is now suspended for taking school property.

CINDY CHAMPION, MOTHER:

"I had told the high school principal, Mr. Fore, that he needed to come up with another solution. That this wasn't appropriate. His response to me was he was going to continue to film."

Jasper County Superintendent, Jay Brinson, sent a faxed response to Eyewitness News. Brinson says high school principal, Howard Fore, placed the camera in the bathroom last Sunday to control vandalism. He says Fore put the camera there "to discover the identity of those doing the damage." Brinson says the principal did tell Cindy Champion that the camera would be installed again. But in his statement Brinson says, "The camera was not placed back in the restroom, and will not be placed back in the restroom."

Eyewitness News tried to contact the Ocmulgee Circuit District Attorney about the legality of placing hidden cameras in public school rest rooms. He covers that area. Eyewitness News was not able to get in touch with him. But, Eyewitness News did talk with Bibb County District Attorney, Howard Simms. He says cameras in public school bathrooms are legal because schools have more leeway on privacy issues.

My question would be what part of the bathroom were they filming? Not that it matters all of it, to me, is wrong, especailly if the kids and the parents were not informed before any filming began. The thing is boys are often the targets of perverts, and if my sons record was not cleared and the supension lifted, that would be what I would start screaming. "Principle wants to watch boys in bathroom!" I'd also get an attorney, but then I am lawyer spawn.

But, Eyewitness News did talk with Bibb County District Attorney, Howard Simms. He says cameras in public school bathrooms are legal because schools have more leeway on privacy issues.

Publick Scruels have MORE leeway on privacy issues? :scratch:

I am so glad I'm an adult now and don't have to put up with this crap.

Of course, who knows what corporations are doing and not telling employees about?

Lucky Georgia that anybody cares. My school has cameras in the bathroom, hallway, and the biggest rooms. But since I don't use the bathrooms anyway, it doesn't affect me that much.

We live in a world with constant survelliance. :shrug:

It's not like you aren't being monitered everywhere besides maybe the enclosure of your house.

And there are laws about where you can and cannot place cameras in public washrooms. If principal guy caught an angle he shouldn't have, then I can see a lawsuit going through.

The vandals were dumb to destroy property.

The principal was dumb to install the camera without posting a notice or something.

The student was dumb to remove the equipment and take it home.

Stupidity: the gift that keeps on giving.

The vandals were dumb to destroy property.

The principal was dumb to install the camera without posting a notice or something.

The student was dumb to remove the equipment and take it home.

Stupidity: the gift that keeps on giving.

Yep, these boys sure do know how to make a point,....commiting vandalism by taking a camera that's supposed to prevent vandalism in the first place. :Hmm:

they should have just spray painted over it with black graffiti paint LOL

Ro-Bear,

I disagree that the students action was dumb. He acted on something that invaded his privacy. That maybe wasn't the most reasonable thing to do but in a way it was a good thing to do.

Fucking schools. Kids can't fuckin' smoke anywhere anymore.

I wonder what happens to the tapes...isn't that another potential lawsuit angle?