Goodbye Jesus

Christian scandals - research

saxyroze

Oh gosh, I really don’t know what room to post this in….

Does anyone know of any Christian singers/leaders sex scandals? The only one I know of is the child molester from the Christian pop group Raze. Just doing some personal research on the subject. Any info would be much appreciated :grin:

There was the Michael English thing:

http://www.acs.psu.edu/users/jws/misc/mefaq.html

AP WIRE: May 6, 1994 10:15 pm

Nashville, TN -- The nation's top gospel singer says he's

quitting -- and sources say it's because he had an extramarital affair.

Michael English dropped his bombshell just one week after winning gospel music's top award. Today, English gave back the four Dove Awards he won last week, including one for gospel artist of the year.

A statement from English says he feels it's necessary to withdraw from the Christian music industry because of mistakes he's recently made. Several industry sources say he's referring to his involvement with another gospel singer.

Both are married.

That wouldn't cause a stir for a rock musician. But Mark DeYoung, manager of Nashville radio station WNAZ, says Christian music artists are held to a higher standard -- as minister. DeYoung says he's pulled English's songs off the air.

Sex scandals? You mean besides all of the pedophile priests and Jimmy Swaggart getting busted TWICE with prostitutes?

Okay. How about these:

Former Focus on the Family stalwart and on-air personality Mike Trout was dismissed from the Colorado based organization a few years back for marital infidelity. He claims that his fame made him weak and susceptible to the lust of his flesh. Source: My memory. I was a listener of FOTF back when this happened.

Pastor Jack Hyles and his son David had affairs with female members of their congregations. Even ruining others’ marriages. Neither men stepped down from authority. Source Biblical Discernment Ministries.

Dr. David Hocking confessed to sexual sin with a congregant in 1992. He resigned from his pastorate and his radio show, only to be picked up by the Charismatic Pastor Chuck Smith of Calvary Chapel. Source BDM.

Funny how Christians always accuse US of rejecting "God" because we desire to sin with impunity. When it is the Christians who sin and sin and sin, while hiding from punishment claiming that "God" has forgiven them.

If we wanted to "get away with sin", then the best place to hide is under "God's" dress!

What a crock.

I have always said that the best career choice for a man if he wants unlimited money and women is to become an evangelist.

This probably pales compared to US standards, but anyway...

...some time ago there was quite some uproar about the most prominent and successful singing fundie here (Xavier Naidoo) because he confessed to smoking marihuana. Quite unimpressive I guess, but remember that fundyism is largely unknown here ;)