Goodbye Jesus

My songs on myspace.com

Guest JPD

Excellent work, JPD. :woohoo:

I listened to, and enjoyed all four of the tunes that you have available there.

Keep it up, and let us know when you post more songs.

:notworthy:

I'm listening to As Life Goes By again right now. :HaHa:

I am who I am.

:woohoo::jesus::woohoo:

Who am I?

Holy SHIT!!! If the timing is just right, that little Jesus dude looks like he's actually dancing to that tune!! :lmao:

:woohoo:

You guys are sweet. Everything was recorded on the cheap, and I played all the instruments and did all the vocals, including beatbox on Daisy Chain and Downtown. It ain't the best fidelity, but I think the songs are good.

You guys are sweet.

Oh yeah? Well, so is that avatar! :woohoo:

Everything was recorded on the cheap, and I played all the instruments and did all the vocals, including beatbox on Daisy Chain and Downtown. It ain't the best fidelity, but I think the songs are good.

You didn't by chance gather any influence from Days of the New, did you?

To me, it sounded similar to that type of music. I'm not too good at catching 'tunings' by ear, but it sounded to me like you had your guitar(s) tuned way down and you just had that DOTN type-ish sound. :shrug:

Of course, the singing didn't sound like them at all.

I'm just wonderin'. :shrug:

There's a DOTN song, Finally found the reason, or something like that, the only one of their songs I know, that has a really low tuned acoustic chunkiness to it. I liked that song when it first popped on the radar, mostly because I've always known how heavy an acoustic guitar can sound if you give it the right context (I didn't succeed quite as well as I'd hoped with that on my recordings). Yeah, my vocals are different, mainly because I'm just a white boy who learned to sing growing up in a very white christian family. It's the bane of my life as a musician, that I sound lilly white when I sing no matter what I do. But, no, I wan't really influenced by DOTN. They just happened to have a sound that was similar to something I've been in love with for my entire musical life. My playing has been influenced by all kinds of shit. Most notably Bruce Cockburn and Michael Hedges. Both of them unique acoustic badasses. But the first band I was in was a death mateal band, and yes, I did sing or growl in the band as well as play guitar. A far cry frok my vocals now. I write stuff that's a mix of everything I love.

I write stuff that's a mix of everything I love.

Well, it sounds great. Keep it up.

If I sounded as though I was criticizing your voice, I apologize.

I didn't mean for my comment to sound like that.

I'm not a singer, and I've only been playin' guitar for about 4 or 5 years now.

I've got a couple of (SHORT) tunes that I can call my own, but they're strictly

instrumental.

BTW- that Days of the New tune that you mentioned is called Touch, Peel and Stand. :grin:

Good tunes amigo..

kL

Awesome stuff man! It's really smooth, I had to grab my guitar and try to follow As Life Goes By. :grin: Is there a chord between the E and the Asus2?

• 1 month later...

Good stuff, man! I'm sending you a friends request.

• 2 weeks later...

wow not bad not bad at all. this coming from a metal head. keep up the good work.

I was totally diggin' I went ahead and added you to my friends list