Goodbye Jesus

New Here, Recently Denounced Xtrian Faith

msipsy218

That's a good email reply back to them. :-)

I wouldnt engage in any scripture wars with them either other than to maybe say "The entire bible is complete baloney" or "I no longer believe any of the bible scripture."

Hi msipsy,

Thanks so much for sharing. I also was an atheist most of my life then went into the world of christianity and back out again after a few years. There are definitely some particular characteristics of those kinds of journeys, like upon leaving feeling like you're re-becoming your old self, which is both confusing and fun.

This stage is likely to be highly emotional, and I also was caught off guard by this. In a way gaining and leaving faith is a fundamentally emotional experience, since it's about forming and losing a relationship, building and losing trust, extreme highs and lows of joy, pain and self-discovery.

I think for these reasons you probably did the right thing in holding off from intense encounters for now, which you are perfectly entitled to do by the way.

I hope you can now find truth and happiness and anything else you seek as you go on with your new life. It will be liberating but will certainly be tough at times, so I hope you also find the respectful support you need along the way, whether that's here or in those people already in your life who truly love you for who you are.

• Like 1

Welcome msipsy218!

Thanks for sharing your story! It gives me hope for one of my nieces (by marriage). She was an atheist when she met my nephew who was not a church-goer at the time but the son of my fundy brother. They had kids, got married, and then somehow they ended up at one of those contemporary Baptist churches. I went with them one time, one of their daughters was getting baptized, and the sermon was about how women dressed skimpy at the gym to lure men into sin. What?

I had hoped she might deconvert my nephew but apparently the opposite happened. Maybe there is still hope for the both of them.

Welcome to the forum!