Goodbye Jesus

Trinity

Asimov

I don't get this trinity thing.

Is it like the Borg?? A collective?

Some moron on a Christian forum said that God, the Holy Spirit, and Jesus are all infinite, so:

infinity + infinity + infinity = infinity....

but that doesn't make sense, because they say that all 3 are ONE. Not infinity!!

Anyway, I can't dwell on this too much or blood shoots out my nose.

The Trinity has interesting roots.

Once, long ago, there was a belief in the Maid (youth, innocence), the Mother (birth, sexuality), and the Crone (wisdom). Society worshipped the female aspects of divinity, and why not? Women gave birth, a process little understood and though to be magical as life was brought forth from a woman's body.

Eventually the monotheistic patriarcals came along and morphed everything around to suit their religion and press people into conforming with their way of thinking.

Thus the Maid, Mother, and Crone were replaced by Son, Father, Holy Ghost.

Mind + Body + Spirit ?

I don't know. The whole thing is wacky. Funny when they condemn the non-trinitarian folks to hell for believing in one god though. :HaHa:

Mind + Body + Spirit ?

I don't know. The whole thing is wacky. Funny when they condemn the non-trinitarian folks to hell for believing in one god though.  :HaHa:

That doesn't make any sense, either, because there is no body...and what's the difference between mind and spirit?

Guest Son of Belial

I never understood why Christians say that the "Son" part is "God made manifest in the flesh," when according to John, Jesus existed since the beginning and all creation came through him.

I never understood why Christians say that the "Son" part is "God made manifest in the flesh," when according to John, Jesus existed since the beginning and all creation came through him.

They're morons, because they say that Jesus is the Word!!

They're the Three-Who-Are-One with testicles, as white_raven pointed out. Except Christianity's version doesn't quite make sense, as the Father and Son are technically the same thing but not, depending on who you ask, and the Holy Ghost is in both of them, whereas the Three are maiden, mother, and crone; three separate ages who nonetheless appear in one person.

read my siggy