Goodbye Jesus

My testimony

Metroplex

I was brought up into the catholic religion, and used to believe in Jesus and God.

Now at 27, I don't believe anymore.

Part of this unbelief is because 'God' never answered any of my prayers for healing, happiness, etc. And he never gave me the girl that I truly wanted, even though I begged for him to give her to me, instead it all turned out badly between the two of us now it is impossible to realise my dream.

I also started looking up internet sites detailing the 'errors' of the bible and the history of it, turns out the bible is full of errors, inconsistensies, and lies and it was put together by the Catholic church, no less!

before I deconverted, I used to buy plenty of religion-based books, after, I threw them all away and gave my bibles to a charity shop.

Religion's two main weapons: fear and punishment, had no more impact on me, I don't care If I 'go to hell' after I die, to me 'hell' is in this life, wherever suffering is, 'hell' is... as for 'punishment', we all pay for our actions in here too, no bad deed goes unpunished, as a boomerang thrown into the sky, it comes back to you...

I just live day by day now, I can't say my life is a dream now, but I'm hopeful it can improve, but I no longer hope for a 'heaven' up in the sky after I die, here and now, on this earth, is where we can find our little version of heaven, for me my heaven would be having the 'girl of my dreams' as my wife, although if that doesn't happen I'm OK with it, whatever happens, happens. :grin:

Hi Metroplex,

Sorry it didn't work out with the girl, but give it time, someone better is bound to come along.

Taph

I had a similar situation happen to me with a woman that I liked. She told me "God's just not leading me to date you right now"

Oh well its for the best cause if we had been dating it would have been harder for me to realize what a load of BS christianity is. :woohoo:

Welcome aboard! But I'm guessing you're still smarting after excising a whole huge lump of your life. My advice is relax, don't get angry about the wasted years, read a lot of different views from different people, take your time. You may subconsciously not really know who you are at the moment, but it will come. I used to be a charismatic evangelical assistant pastor, and it took me a good 4 years to fully come to terms with the complete loss of my faith. Now, I am a lot more comfortable with myself than I ever was as a professing Christian. So chill! You've found a good place here.

:)