Goodbye Jesus

Reasonable Faith

dB-Paradox

Just spent a day (less than a day, actually) at the reasonablefaith.org forums. My atheism has been renewed!

I see the spirit descended on this one. jesus.gif

Oh yeah, I remember listening to the Reasonable Doubts podcast and they described this as the 'bizarro' version of their own podcast.

I listened to some podcasts along this line recently (at the urging of a family member). What a mindfuck. I wish I could understand why my brain feels so friable and pretzeled after that.

Me before apologetics podcast: smile.png

Me after apologetics podcast: Wendycrazy.gif

After asking why the Jesus story resembles the centuries of cultural myth previous, I've been labeled a proponent of the Jesus myth and copycat theory! One individual asked me what myths the Jesus story was like? "What other myth has a man dying for the sins of the world and then raising from the dead three days later?" Are they seriously NOT hearing what I said? I'm NOT a proponent of the Jesus myth or copycat theory! What part of "influence" do they not get? I'm not so sure they faith is all that "reasoned"!

Me before an apologetics podcast: dry.png

Me 1 min into an apologetics podcast: biggrin.png

Me 2 mins into an apologetics podcast: laugh.png

Me 3 mins into an apologetics podcast: yelrotflmao.gif

After that I have to shut it off.

After asking why the Jesus story resembles the centuries of cultural myth previous, I've been labeled a proponent of the Jesus myth and copycat theory! One individual asked me what myths the Jesus story was like? "What other myth has a man dying for the sins of the world and then raising from the dead three days later?"

This reminds me of a Far Side cartoon that showed some penguins and a polar bear on an ice floe. Some people complained that penguins and polar bears live in different parts of the world, so the cartoon was totally unrealistic. Never mind that the penguins were talking and the polar bear was wearing a mask.