Goodbye Jesus

Joe In Ar

Jose

Hey Joe,

I think that before we go much further in our discussions, I want you to know the following truths:

I am an atheist. I do not now, nor will I ever again, believe in a personal deity until given compelling evidence of such. What kind of evidence? I have no idea... but if the deity is omniscient and omnipotent, then that being would know what kind of evidence I would need to believe.

I can kind of... barely... see myself believing in a "prime mover" or "watchmaker" type of god, but the god of the bible? Absolutely not. It is nothing more than fiction... and it's not even original fiction.

Also, you may not be trying to convert me, but I'll be doing my level best to deconvert you.

This process starts with critical thinking skills, which is why I'm asking you questions instead of arguing with you. I will then move to pointing out contradictions, creating hypothetical ethical dilemmas, and getting you to agree with certain key logical points that contraindicate god's existence. 

At no time during our conversations will I reward poor scholarship by letting you out of answering something.

In addition to those truths, I will make you the following promise... at no time will I ever resort to name-calling, profanity, or ridicule.

You still want to talk?

• Like 2

• Super Moderator

Joe has been officially invited to this thread. Thanks.

Joe:

Christ is not going to come to anyone personally, if Jesus lived and he or probably someone similar to him probably did, then he died a long, lonf time ago.

I hope one day you realize the myth you're adhering too. Just as ridiculous as any other creation story or myth from the many and diverse religions and philosophies of this world.

I do hope you will continue your discussion in this string.

Hey Joe,

I think that before we go much further in our discussions, I want you to know the following truths:

I am an atheist. I do not now, nor will I ever again, believe in a personal deity until given compelling evidence of such. What kind of evidence? I have no idea... but if the deity is omniscient and omnipotent, then that being would know what kind of evidence I would need to believe.

I can kind of... barely... see myself believing in a "prime mover" or "watchmaker" type of god, but the god of the bible? Absolutely not. It is nothing more than fiction... and it's not even original fiction.

Also, you may not be trying to convert me, but I'll be doing my level best to deconvert you.

This process starts with critical thinking skills, which is why I'm asking you questions instead of arguing with you. I will then move to pointing out contradictions, creating hypothetical ethical dilemmas, and getting you to agree with certain key logical points that contraindicate god's existence. 

At no time during our conversations will I reward poor scholarship by letting you out of answering something.

In addition to those truths, I will make you the following promise... at no time will I ever resort to name-calling, profanity, or ridicule.

You still want to talk?

Guess it got too hot in the kitchen for Joe.

Guess it got too hot in the kitchen for Joe.

33802537.jpg