Goodbye Jesus

God doesn't believe in Athiests

Taphophilia

I have been reading this site The Way of the Master. Here are some of the things they say.

If you feel intimidated by atheists -- if you think they are "intellectuals," read the book, God Doesn't Believe in Atheists. It will show you that they are the opposite. It will also instruct you on how you can prove God's existence, and also prove that the "atheist" doesn't exist.

Using the Bible to prove the Bible:

The "circular reasoning" argument is absurd. That’s like saying you can’t prove that the President lives in the White House by looking into the White House. It is looking into the White House that will provide the necessary proof.

Creationism:

The Book of Genesis tells us that everything was created by God—nothing "evolved." Every creature was given the ability to reproduce after its own kind as is stated ten times in Genesis. Dogs do not produce cats. Neither do cats and dogs have a common ancestry. Dogs began as dogs and are still dogs. They vary in species from Chihuahuas to Saint Bernards, but you will not find a "dat" or a "cog" (part cat/dog) throughout God’s creation. Frogs don’t reproduce oysters, cows don’t have lambs, and pregnant pigs don’t give birth to rabbits. God made monkeys as monkeys, and man as man.

Each creature brings forth after its own kind. That’s no theory; that’s a fact. Why then should we believe that man comes from another species? If evolution is true, then it is proof that the Bible is false. However, the whole of creation stands in contradiction to the theory of evolution.

Dr. Kent Hovind of Florida has a standing offer of $250,000 to "anyone who can give any empirical evidence (scientific proof) for evolution." Evolution— true science fiction. His website is www.drdino.com.

Stunned.

Just stunned. Is his brain malnourished or what?

Merlin

funny how x-ians are impressed by the offer of an award. Most don't have any clue what a "theory" is. It can probably NEVER be proved, just like the theory of gravity. Oh well, there is another site offering a cash reward to "prove" god exists ...neither impresses me much. Maybe someone will answer those questions someday, but I doubt it will be in my lifetime, so I don't worry about it. The arrogance still sticks me sometimes though...

funny how x-ians are impressed by the offer of an award. Most don't have any clue what a "theory" is. It can probably NEVER be proved, just like the theory of gravity. Oh well, there is another site offering a cash reward to "prove" god exists ...neither impresses me much. Maybe someone will answer those questions someday, but I doubt it will be in my lifetime, so I don't worry about it. The arrogance still sticks me sometimes though...

Don't forget germ theory. I think of the theory of evolution like germ theory or the theory of gravity. There are some things that are proven as fact and their some things that are specution but they have scientific evidence to back it up.

That's absolutly true - theories can only be disproven. New evidence comes in, new discoveries, facts, insights alter our understanding of how things work and demand a re-writing of what we know.

That being said.... even though Einstein completely tore apart Newtonian gravity, his formulas are still used today...

Merlin

Don't forget germ theory. I think of the theory of evolution like germ theory or the theory of gravity. There are some things that are proven as fact and their some things that are specution but they have scientific evidence to back it up.

...don't they become a "law" when they are "proven as fact?" I don't really know much about germ theory (ow ow owwww ...makes my blue collar mind hurt to think about such things...)

I was reading a thread on the York Daily Record between a couple of biologists about the "neo-darwinist" ideas out there, and speculation based on evidence. According to one of the biologists, a lot of the ideas some held sacred are on a little flimsier of ground than they would have many of us believe. Jim Arvo (on this site) pointed out that all the differing opinions really help advance the scientific method in the long run ...although it can ruffle a lot of feathers in the short run. I don't think anyone (rational) really has a problem with "evolution" as much as the mechanisms it uses to advance.

I'll try to look a little about germ theory... have any good links?!

I had thought that with germs like gravity there are still machanics that are still theory.

You will have to excuse me, I went to Christian schools and learned Christian science. I am having to play catch up with what I should have learned. I am at a disadvantage.

I have been reading this: Talk Origins

If you know of good sites on evolution I would appreciate it.

I also recommend http://www.kent-hovind.com

It will pretty much shut down any argument a Creationist can make.

I also recommend http://www.kent-hovind.com

It will pretty much shut down any argument a Creationist can make.

Umm....................

fucking wow!

What Would Hovind Consider an Example of Evolution?

(How to Build a Straw Man in One Easy Step)

".... some rabbits have adapted to 130F desert temperatures and others have adapted to -30F arctic temperatures but none can ever adapt to 5,000F or -400F" (p7)

"Farmers have been trying for years to breed bigger pigs, but they will never get one as big as Texas." (p23)

"Some insects become resistant to pesticides, but they will never become resistant to a sledgehammer" (p23)

"Dog breeders may be able to get big dogs or little dogs, but they never get elephants or pine trees." (p24)

"If I prove a Cadillac engine can fit in a Chevy, does that prove they both evolved from a skateboard?" (p24)

"Percentage of differences [between DNA] may not mean anything anyway. Watermelons are 97% water, clouds are 100% water. That is only a three percent difference. Does that prove that watermelons are related to clouds? Jellyfish and snow cones are both 98% water. Does that mean they are identical twins and the missing link between watermelons and clouds." (p19)

Those are actual quotes from Kent Hovind. :twitch:

OH MY ACHIN' ASS!!! :twitch:

Summary of the Hovind Theory -

So with all that said let me give you the Hovind Theory of what I think happened and I've studied this quite a while. I'm going to give you the order of events that I think happened then go back and kinda review each of them in just a little bit to try and put it into perspective of what happened to cause the Flood.

* Noah and the animals went safely onto the Ark. God shut the door. Sealed 'em in.

* I think a 300 degrees below zero Fahrenheit ice meteor, came flying through the solar system and began to break apart. Fragments of this meteor hit the planets, caused the craters on the moon and other planets and a bunch of it came a made the rings around the other planets. Saturn, Uranus and Neptune all have ice rings around them.

* And some of the fragments of this meteor hit the Earth, landing on most of the North and South Pole, freezing the mammoths standing up.

* As it approached the Earth though it scattered it out in space because the Inverse Square Law makes things go faster as they get closer. Gravity actually gets stronger and so they would pick up speed. And it would reach the terminal velocity and would blow apart like a snowball being thrown to fast.

* And these chunks of ice and snow would be sucked in and dumped around the North and South Pole because of the Earths magnetic field.

* The sudden dump of ice on the North Pole and South Pole caused several things would happen. It caused the crust of the Earth to crack. The fountains of the deep were released and the water came shooting up out from under the crust of the Earth.

* The rapidly spreading ice from being dumped on the Poles pushed out towards the Equator, caused the Ice Age. Carved out the great lakes. Scratched the rock all over Northern Canada and Kelly's Island, Ohio. Scratched all the rock, buried the mammoths, froze them standing up.

* For the next few thousand years the Earth wobbled because of this iced dumped on the North and South Pole and it slowly stabilized to what we have today.

* During the first few months of the Flood, the dead animals settled out. Some were floating around, swirling around floating on top. Those that go buried deep got buried down under the mud and there we great piles of fossil animals found. Whole herds of animals buried in this massive world wide flood that later became the fossils we have today. The dead plants that were buried were turned into coal. The animals were turned into oil or natural gas. And make these giant fossil grave yards over the next few hundred years.

* During the last few months of the Flood, the unstable plates of the Earth because it was all cracked up, the plates of the Earth shifted and tilted. Some places went down forming oceans. Other places lifted up forming mountains. And the water rushed off, carving Grand Canyon in a couple hours through soft sediments.

* Over the next few hundred years these massive ice caps, from Kansas City all the way up to the North Pole, they slowly melted back which would raise the ocean levels and make the oceans colder and deeper and wider separating the continents by the time of Peleg about 100 years later.

I don't know a much about a lot of the stuff that he mentions,

but I could actually feel myself getting dumber as I read that. :twitch:

If you don't see me around for a while, it's probably because

I'm out soaking my eyeballs and brain in Clorox. :ugh:

Thank God for this post!

I've been waiting! Now I know that Mike Murdock is telling me the truth!!

I understand the frustration.

Kent Hovind, huh?

$250,000. eh?

I was a fetus, then a child, then I grew up and shaved, now I'm a lonely, horny old man. If that isn't proof of 'evolving', then what is?

I have pictures and witni to prove my point.

Back me up, somebody... I'll do it! Let's let the learned decide what it means to 'evolve'.

Sorry if I got too excited. I need the $$ that's all.

If you feel intimidated by atheists -- if you think they are "intellectuals," read the book, God Doesn't Believe in Atheists. It will show you that they are the opposite.

"A witty saying proves nothing." -Voltaire

=D

Positing an omniscient God carries with it the implication that God can't "believe" anything; how can he, when he already "knows" everything?

:blink:

Dr. Kent Hovind

Anyone who says or writes this outside of well-deserved mockery is so completely braindead, it boggles the mind :lmao:

I don't know a much about a lot of the stuff that he mentions,

but I could actually feel myself getting dumber as I read that. :twitch:

If you don't see me around for a while, it's probably because

I'm out soaking my eyeballs and brain in Clorox. :ugh:

That's okay. Long-time readers know of my intellectual love affair with Mr Michael Wong of www.creationtheory.org... who said the following about the hoovie theory here:

The comet theory is so incredibly, mind-bogglingly stupid that one wonders how anyone could publish it and not hang his head in shame.

Ain't that the truth... :lmao::funny::lmao:

Back me up, somebody... I'll do it! Let's let the learned decide what it means to 'evolve'.

Sorry if I got too excited. I need the $$ that's all.

Just in case someone reads this and doesn't know already, hoovie's "challenge" is carefully worded to appear easy but in fact to be impossible to meet. After you tore away about 97 layers of verbal deception you'll find that hoovie demands that you prove that a gawd can't possibly exist, which is the well-known "proving a universal negative" problem.

".... some rabbits have adapted to 130F desert temperatures and others have adapted to -30F arctic temperatures but none can ever adapt to 5,000F or -400F" (p7)

"Farmers have been trying for years to breed bigger pigs, but they will never get one as big as Texas." (p23)

"Some insects become resistant to pesticides, but they will never become resistant to a sledgehammer" (p23)

"Dog breeders may be able to get big dogs or little dogs, but they never get elephants or pine trees." (p24)

"If I prove a Cadillac engine can fit in a Chevy, does that prove they both evolved from a skateboard?" (p24)

"Percentage of differences [between DNA] may not mean anything anyway. Watermelons are 97% water, clouds are 100% water. That is only a three percent difference. Does that prove that watermelons are related to clouds? Jellyfish and snow cones are both 98% water. Does that mean they are identical twins and the missing link between watermelons and clouds." (p19)

I am unimpressed with his logic. He's comparing apples and oranges and impossibiliites while trying to make evolutionary theory something it is not. It's like saying if red is true, does that make chocolate cake also true? It's completely irrational. I bet my former fundy cube mate read his stuff. These are similar to the kind of arguments he spewed out.

*Ugh*

Just in case someone reads this and doesn't know already, hoovie's "challenge" is carefully worded to appear easy but in fact to be impossible to meet. After you tore away about 97 layers of verbal deception you'll find that hoovie demands that you prove that a gawd can't possibly exist, which is the well-known "proving a universal negative" problem.

Well, that's why I'm agnostic and not an atheist. I realize that you can't prove a negative. But god existing or not existing doesn't have anything to do with evolution. It's yet another logical fallacy Christians bring up.