Goodbye Jesus

I'm Going Back!!

Fweethawt

Yeah, you heard me right! I'm going back!

I'm going back to Internet Explorer, that is. :HaHa:

I'm sorry, but this shit of having my browser shut

down each time that I click on certain pages of the

internet is really starting to get on my freakin' nerves!

So yeah, I'm going back.

But not to where you (probably) thought when you read the thread title. :HaHa:

ha ha ha!!!

I use Netscape. The other white meat.

:lmao: FWEEEE!!!

I read the title, and could not believe it. I knew something was fishy...

Once I tried to install FireFox or whatever it's called, but it crashed my system and my development environment. So I've been stuck with IE for always, and Netscape gave me problems too. Sigh...

I've never understood the elite aversion to IE. I've never really had a problem with it.

I've never understood the elite aversion to IE.

I've never really had a problem with it.

Well, it has only been about two hours since I made this thread

and I'm already back on Firefox. :shrug:

Explorer wasn't working worth'a shit for me for some reason.

Not only that, but it was extremely slow. :ugh:

You know Fwee... Has it occurred to you that the problem might not be with Firefox, but indeed may be a problem with the system?

You know Fwee... Has it occurred to you that the problem might not be with Firefox, but indeed may be a problem with the system?
What system?

Heh. It's Safari here, all the way.

But then, I'm a total Apple bigot. What can I say. ;)

Fwee - I think by "system" Khan is referring to your OS in general...?

Or maybe OS, plus RAM, plus CPU speed, etc... how your hardware and software function together (or not)...

That's my guess, anyway. Khan knows best.

if you wasnt a kick ass browser with no problems at all... try OPERA.. it's the best hands down.. i've used this for about a year now.. and i wouldnt surf without it.

www.opera.com

I hate it when Khan does that! :vent:

He makes a post, I ask a question,

and he freakin' disappears!! :vent:

if you wasnt a kick ass browser with no problems at all... try OPERA.. it's the best hands down.. i've used this for about a year now.. and i wouldnt surf without it.

www.opera.com

Try Dictionary.com.

Does your browser take a shit when you go to Dictionary.com?

If so, that's exactly what my Firefox does to me when I go to that site.

It does the same thing with Bartelby (sp?) too. :vent:

I was just curious. Do you know anyone that has actually left the faith, and then returned again? I'd be curious to know why, if they did. And if they did return back to the faith, do they actually believe everything again? Just curious. Your post title obviously implies this which is why it made me think about it.

Try Dictionary.com.

Does your browser take a shit when you go to Dictionary.com?

If so, that's exactly what my Firefox does to me when I go to that site.

It does the same thing with Bartelby (sp?) too. :vent:

Dude - what version are you running? I'm on Firefox 1.0.7 and those sites work just fine for me.

I have an occasional glitch w/ Firefox but it is MUCH better than IE, not to mention all the cool extensions.....

I use firefox and have no problem. I also occassionally use IE and also don't have a problem.

Khan may be on to something. :scratch:

Fwee, try Crap Cleaner, a freebie fixit tool

Cleans tons of crap that may be helping winDerZ to bug your system.

Be warned, it does clean ALL your cookies, be prepared to replace any passwords using them.

HTH

kL

My firefox can go to dictionary.com and bartleby easily fwee. And it's a good thing 'cause I use bartleby ever two weeks in order to avoid buying books. :grin:

You know, maybe your browser just doesn't like you?

I use Firefox when I can. I don't have any problems with it.

After hearing all the good stuff about firefox I downloaded it.

I really like it especially the tabs for someone like me who is on a bunch of groups its really helpful. I haven’t had a problem with it.

When I downloaded firefox from their site a few months ago after hearing rave reviews, I got a freakin' virus so I killed the program and haven't tried again since.

I'm content with IE.

Just how does one get a virus from using Firefox?

This is quite a different situation since one is statistically and practically faaaaar more likely to be infected by malware by using IE than using FF.

Using IE to avoid a virus, now that is a new one...*snicker*

What probably happened is a bug in window's image handling library, that if it wasn't patched could result in someone planting malicious code on your machine (ouch!) via something like a jpeg (very ouch!) This was an across the board windows thing, not just with internet browsers.

Me, Firefox all the way. Even on my Mac. Haven't had the problems that you describe, though, Fwee. *scratches head*, it may be some other crap on your system.

Norton anti-virus popped up with the red flag warning. I don't know how, I'm not a computer person. :shrug: What I do know is that directly after I downloaded Firefox, Norton told me that my computer was infected and "firefox" was in the warning. This happened months ago though so I no longer have access to that warning.

Norton Anti-Virus or Internet Firewall? With a newly-installed program, a good firewall will pop-up a warning that Firefox is trying to connect to the internet for the first time. Usually there is a choice to 'always allow' or something like that.

Avant Browser has all the goodies of FireFox (plus more!) w/o the messy issues that come from either IE or FF.

Try it! You'll like it! ;)

What system?
Umm... Khan? :mellow:

I'm on Firefox 1.0.7 and those sites work just fine for me.

I have the same version. :mellow:

Fwee, try Crap Cleaner, a freebie fixit tool

Cleans tons of crap that may be helping winDerZ to bug your system.

Be warned, it does clean ALL your cookies, be prepared to replace any passwords using them.

HTH

kL

I'll take a look at it, Nivek, but I don't think that's what I need. I wipe everything at the end of every day. :shrug:

You know, maybe your browser just doesn't like you?

:mellow:

I'm going to pretend that you didn't say that. :mellow:

I was just curious. Do you know anyone that has actually left the faith, and then returned again? I'd be curious to know why, if they did. And if they did return back to the faith, do they actually believe everything again? Just curious. Your post title obviously implies this which is why it made me think about it.
Yes, this has happened. No, this isn't the thread to discuss it in. :ugh:

It's a touchy subject, I'm sure.

www.opera.com

apparently it's free and doesn't have any ads running in the background yipee

What system?
Umm... Khan? :mellow:

Oh, um........ Your Windows installation.

Oh, um........ Your Windows installation.

more-----than-----five----words-----would-----be-----good.

Explain yourself, baby! :grin: