Goodbye Jesus

CHRISTMAS TREE OKAY??

Java

It's not a holiday menorah. It's a Christmas tree.

I mean, does anyone really celebrate Christmas as religious anymore? I mean, it's kinda like our version of Shinto, a national pseudo-spiritual holiday filled with pagan tie-ins and materialism. We sing songs, half of which are secular and half of which nobody really thinks about the words, we light the streets with little glittery things, we buy the symbol of life to decorate in the season of death/sleep/darkness. Angels or little spirits, who cares? And we buy things for each other, eat good food, celebrate the "spirit" of the holidays more than the spirit who supposedly personifies it.

Stop trying to reclain Christmas, fundys. Ain't gonna work. The economy knows better than you do.

I say Merry Christmas or Happy Hanukah depending on what's showing at the house I deliver to. (Obligatory Java request: TIP THE PIZZA GIRL PLZ!) Happy Holidays if no sign, FOAD for a stiffer. It all works out.

Most of this rant is out-of-date anyway, but yeah, I'm atheist, but I love my secular Christmas, complete with singing mythical songs like "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" and Carol of the Bells pwns j00.

Eh, sorry, it's a rant. Drinks'll be on me next time. Who wants some traditional eggnog? Guaranteed to clog yer arteries and get you pissed as peach.

I like Christmas songs that are not religious. Nat King Cole's, Chestnuts Roasting On An Open Fire and I too like Caroling of the Bells. There are others, but I can't think of them right now.

I'm a big tipper at least 20% if I get even decent service, especially in restaurants that I frequent.

I don't have pizza delivered, but if I did what's the going rate for a good tip, just so I know.

Taph

As much as I try to appreciate Nat King Cole's music, he just puts me to sleep.

But yeah, I love the tree and the Marshall Field's window on State street, and Winter Wonderfest at Navy Pier, and skating at Millenium park.

I can't just sit in the dark with a ham sandwich in protest of Christianity.

I like Christmas songs that are not religious. Nat King Cole's, Chestnuts Roasting On An Open Fire and I too like Caroling of the Bells. There are others, but I can't think of them right now.

I'm a big tipper at least 20% if I get even decent service, especially in restaurants that I frequent.

I don't have pizza delivered, but if I did what's the going rate for a good tip, just so I know.

Taph

15% or two dollars. Depends on the order, whether the delivery person is personable, had everything, etc. I will say that 5$ tips on 20$ orders will make sure your order is discounted if we can, early and perfect every damn time, at least at my store, but you don't need to do that if you're low on funds. Really, you're paying the driver for their time and labor to get to your house, and gas at non-chain stores. Thank you in advance for supporting your server. :thanks::thanks:

Carol of the Bells is the only song I know both alto and soprano for.

Taph

15% or two dollars. Depends on the order, whether the delivery person is personable, had everything, etc. I will say that 5$ tips on 20$ orders will make sure your order is discounted if we can, early and perfect every damn time, at least at my store, but you don't need to do that if you're low on funds. Really, you're paying the driver for their time and labor to get to your house, and gas at non-chain stores. Thank you in advance for supporting your server. :thanks::thanks:

Carol of the Bells is the only song I know both alto and soprano for.

Mr. K used to be a delivery driver, and later a store manager, for Domino's.

We tip well on the rare occasions we order pizza.

15% or two dollars, whichever is greater, is a good guide to use for tipping the pizza delivery driver. I mean, they're going way the hell out of their way, putting miles, and wear and tear, on their cars, and using their gas, to get your pizza to you nice and hot.

Now that I've said this, it's a fucking Christmas tree. It is. I may not be a Christian, but dammit, the fucking tree is a CHRISTMAS tree, only because that's the name of the holiday I celebrate with the family.

For us, Christmas is about being able to get together, and be generous to one another, both with gifts and with time. It's not a religious holiday, per se, it's family time that we wouldn't get otherwise.

Even though I'm not a Christian anymore, I'm not "sitting in the dark with a ham sandwich to protest"(thank you SurlyMermaid, I like that) , that's for sure. We're having my parents at our house for 11 days (we'll have lots of fun, we always do, my parents are the NICE ones), and we plan to enjoy every minute.