Goodbye Jesus

Dear Abby,

Dianka

For the last few days, I have been quietly worrying about how the hell I am going to afford my car insurance for the year (bloated premium; damn moving violations). I get a letter from my insurer, and I figure that it is a renewal form. I was about to throw it away, but I got curious and opened it to see how much it went up this year (three tickets and an I-bond in one week sure as shit gonna cost me). Instead, I see my proof of insurance for the entire next year: paid. I also see that my crazy ex-boyfriend and his brand new car on my policy now.

I also got a statement telling me that a debt I racked up at a hospital a year ago has been paid off too. :shrug:

I would never in a friggin million years get back with that selfish mindfuck, but I am very curious to know why he is doing this shit, especially since last month I sent him an awful letter for his 32nd birthday. Something about hoping that his recurring dreams of dying at 35 come true......(I felt just a tiny bit awful when I dropped it in the post).

Anyway, he is in a relationship with someone else now. He absolutely would not do something like this out of empathy....he wants something, I know that at the very least.

Should I do nothing? I have a nagging suspicion that this will turn into an ice breaker, you know, something to talk about. I keep thinking he is in trouble. I also think if I talk to him, I will be eating right out of his hand....

Any suggestions on what I should/should not do???

Wait a sec. He put his car on your policy? Is that legal? Does the insurance company know you're not even under the same roof? Do they allow that sort of thing?

If someone gave me a gift with strings attached, I'd want to know what the strings were before I accepted it. It's kind of like religion, in a way. They sell you the magic potion of eternal life without first telling you that you'll have to give up your freedom of thought and identity, not to mention your free time and money.

He's just assuming you'll accept the strings...that can't be a good sign.

IMHO: You did not ask him to do this. You owe him nothing.

Taph

Button down Surly..

Cat wants someting from you, willing to pay for it in cash money to get it.

Remember that "There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch".

Sounds like the ex wants something he can't figure a better way to get it out of you otherwise.

Figure that this situation is weird enuff before the bills paying..

As many of my former g/f's Dad's would ask "What the fuck are you hereafter?"

Figure out how to dis-entagle self from tis cat if he isn't what you want to have sniffing around and get rid of him..

kL

Dude. I dunno WTF mindfuck he's pulling, but for some reason that just raises BIG FAT RED FLAGS with me.

My first move would be to get your name off that policy. NOW. I don't know how he's paying it, how he's putting himself on your policy, or whatnot, but if your name is jointly on some account or policy or whatever, that puts you at risk for taking the fall for whatever fradulent shenanigans the other person feels like pulling.

Kind of like when divorcing spouses get back at each other by racking up credit card bills on joint accounts, then refusing to pay - causing collections to go after whoever else is listed on the card. And fucking up their credit in the process.

There's probably not much you can do about the hospital bill, although I'd be VERY curious to find out how he knows what your medical bills are, how much, and so on.

Something just soooo smacks of stalking here. Bigtime.

Wait a sec. He put his car on your policy? Is that legal? Does the insurance company know you're not even under the same roof? Do they allow that sort of thing?

Good question, I don't know. We went through a company that merged our homeowner's insurance with our auto insurance to discount the price. They both have the same policy number, but I was the only one on the auto insurance for the whole time we have had it.

IMHO: You did not ask him to do this. You owe him nothing.

You are right, I don't owe him shit. In fact I would say he owes me the portion of the down payment, earnest money, and the money that I blew on finishing his wood floors. Plus, compensation for buying and laying the floor tile in the kitchen (almost took off my thumb cuttin tile godammit). I swear, this is like a divorce.

Anyway, I figure if I don't get a letter in the mail within the net few weeks, I will just drop it and move on. If he is going through a genuine crisis, like something happened to one of his kids, shit I guess I will listen. But if this is an opener for "hi, things didn't work out with my last woman, you know, the one that is old enough to be your mother, so lets bury the hatchet and screw", he is getting a broken ketchup bottle right up his ass.

Kind of like when divorcing spouses get back at each other by racking up credit card bills on joint accounts, then refusing to pay - causing collections to go after whoever else is listed on the card. And fucking up their credit in the process.

Oh, but mister x does not play cheap shots like that. I have it well in my mind that I am dealing with a sociopath. He isn't dangerous, but selfish and extremely convincing. Preys on the weak-minded (almost like a leader of a cult). Like one of those people who never gets mad because they have been playing their mark from the start. Silly me, thinking vows were without a doubt ringing. All the while he is harassing some woman at the job : a place where there is a strict 0 tolerance harassment policy. He was on his way into the office to get fired instead they promoted him to a position where he has less contact with women. Oh, but they didn't give him the raise right away. He had to wait two months for that.

Anyway that was off topic, but you get a sense, no?

I think I will stay the fuck away from him. I think I was just getting worried that someone connected to him is in trouble.

Something just soooo smacks of stalking here. Bigtime.

I don't know about stalking, but I definitely smell a scam of some sort.

I think I will stay the fuck away from him.

Sounds like a good plan.

Fix the insurance policy as soon as you can. You need to make sure the policy is legit and accurate, otherwise the company can deny your claims on basis of misrepresentation.

Fix the insurance policy as soon as you can. You need to make sure the policy is legit and accurate, otherwise the company can deny your claims on basis of misrepresentation.

That's no good. I am not a really good driver so I figure it is just a matter of time before I run my car into the ass of a car infront of me. Changing it tomorrow.

Guest Challenger

That's no good. I am not a really good driver so I figure it is just a matter of time before I run my car into the ass of a car infront of me. Changing it tomorrow.

Just a reminder for you to do it. If this were happening to me, forget red flags--there'd be alarms screaming all over the place.

Just a reminder for you to do it. If this were happening to me, forget red flags--there'd be alarms screaming all over the place.

Yeah, there are flags, alarms, babies turning their heads 360 degrees on this one. I wonder sometimes if there is any hope for the guy. I would hate to think that people waste their time being jags their entire lives and then regret it on their death bed. I make too much of it. Fuck 'em. he is the one who has to deal with his guilt not me.

Yeah I have my alarm on my cell phone set at 8am to take care of this address thing.

Guest Challenger

Yeah, there are flags, alarms, babies turning their heads 360 degrees on this one. I wonder sometimes if there is any hope for the guy. I would hate to think that people waste their time being jags their entire lives and then regret it on their death bed. I make too much of it. Fuck 'em. he is the one who has to deal with his guilt not me.

Yeah I have my alarm on my cell phone set at 8am to take care of this address thing.

Good!

I got a free lunch once....it was good.

:clap:

Free lunches are delicious.

I got two at work once, but they were for doing a project.

I got two at work once, but they were for doing a project.

Have to get me a job where I get two free lunches in a day.