Jesus at this moment I am in deep shit

Jesus at this moment I am really scared

But you wont do anything to help me change

So, fuck you jesus

Fuck you jesus for making me believe in you and not in me

Fuck you jesus for all the little things you never did to help me breath

And fuck you jesus for being you and not letting me be me

• Like 3

Brutal, funny, sad and serious all at the same time. Props.

Wouldn't take much work for it to be a reasonable 12-bar blues. (currently, if each line were one bar, the "fuck you"-bit appears in a very good place, the first V-chord, but some of the lines feel like they should be one bar earlier or later. However, the bars get very long this way, so maybe it'd be better to have two 12-bar blues structures over it, but then the other half of the poem would require a great deal more rework :| ) Just my thoughts, been on a blues binge recently, playing blues improvisations basically an hour or three a day.

• Like 3

Jesus I am in trouble but your not there

Jesus I am afraid but you don't care

Jesus did you ever give a shit about me

Jesus did you ever want to heal me

Jesus I waited for years and years but I waited in vain

So, fuck you jesus

This is exactly how I feel...it hurts like hell, hey.

If Jesus showed up in front of me right now, I would punch him (and I am not a violent woman usually but man christianity screwed me over big time).

So, fuck you jesus

Jesus was human being that died two thousand years ago.  He had no magical or supernatural powers.  That is fiction.  Why do you blame a fictional construct of a dead person for your issues?

So, fuck you jesus

Jesus was human being that died two thousand years ago.  He had no magical or supernatural powers.  That is fiction.  Why do you blame a fictional construct of a dead person for your issues?

Is it not reasonable that after years of hearing Jesus-this and Jesus-that, there will be bitter emotions with regard to the 'Jesus'-character that christians keep pushing on people? Isn't it relatively reasonable to express these emotions by angry poetry, rather than, say, by going around being grumpy at people?

So, fuck you jesus

Is it not reasonable that after years of hearing Jesus-this and Jesus-that, there will be bitter emotions with regard to the 'Jesus'-character that christians keep pushing on people? Isn't it relatively reasonable to express these emotions by angry poetry, rather than, say, by going around being grumpy at people?

Perhaps you think the question is premature in chrisstavrous' recovery from religious addiction.  I don't.  In any event, he will have to address that exact, or similar, question at some point.  Why not now?

Chris and Meik- I look forward to your collaboration on your blues tune! I will be the first to buy!!

Guest r3alchild

I wrote it because for 13 or more years I have been calling out to jesus for help, so in my mind he has shape, form and power. But now I see that what my mind believes is a lie, if anything I am turning against a mind set, its the only way I can let go of all the hoping and waiting and trusting in jesus.

So fuck you jesus!

Chris,

Why get angry at a mere mortal for not being the divine personage that others claim he is? If one rejects the various divine claims of the Bible as being mythology (i.e. the creation story, Noah and the flood, Jesus as the Christ, etc.) then it doesn't make sense to be angry at Jesus. Instead, be angry at the people who created and propagated the myth, and who continue to this day to use it to control approximately one third of the planet's population.

I would say "fuck you!" to all the ministers, priests, Sunday school teachers, tele-evangelists, and the like who foist this off as reality.

Chris,

Why get angry at a mere mortal for not being the divine personage that others claim he is? If one rejects the various divine claims of the Bible as being mythology (i.e. the creation story, Noah and the flood, Jesus as the Christ, etc.) then it doesn't make sense to be angry at Jesus. Instead, be angry at the people who created and propagated the myth, and who continue to this day to use it to control approximately one third of the planet's population.

I would say "fuck you!" to all the ministers, priests, Sunday school teachers, tele-evangelists, and the like who foist this off as reality.

It is easier to take aim at the face of Christianity instead of the scattered individuals. Jesus is the face of Christianity so it is natural for people to want to take out their frustrations on him. I can see what you are doing, but, when it comes to emotional pain, the mind and the heart are not in sync. Jesus may have been a man, but to his followers he is divine and Christians are required to honor him as much as possible and then some. 

I still hang out with the Christian group on campus with my friend (I think you folks can see how well my conversion is working out), and I've come to realize just how deeply committed people are to following the Word. It is interesting, and rather alarming to observe the mindset. Jesus is real to these people, and Christians have made the commitment to follow him and form a personal relationship.

I do not hold the same bitterness towards Christianity and Jesus, because I've never went in that deep. The group I hang with is more for having some form of a social life and observation. For those that internalized this and formed a relationship with Jesus but found it a lie, Jesus betrayed them in the worst possible way. The more deeply committed the more painful the sting. Just because something is imaginary does not make it any less real to the believer. 

• Like 1

Guest r3alchild

But jesus may have been real and said alot of stuff in the gospels that I believed and followed, so I say fuck you jesus not only to the jesus in my head but also to the jesus who might be real.

I can totally get the anger that just can't be despelled right away.  The concept, the idea that is the source of frustration...I have been and continue to be there.  I personally haven't  come to a conclusion or resolution about my feeling toward Jesus, but same level of anger and contempt that chrisstavrous is expressing is exactly what I feel towards God (or the concept of God).  Even an all-nighter that whittled away at God's integrity can't dispell it completely.  It's a process, best not to be forced, perhaps.  On another forum, I rejected suggestions that I let go of the hatred I felt, but I did take to heart their concern that investing too much energy into hatred wouldn't be good for my health.  I'm still a misotheist, but after a year or more of it, it's dulled to something of a dismissive contempt.  I wouldn't pass up the opportunity Roy Batty managed, to confront my maker and say (metaphorically speaking) "I want more life, fucker!" and watch the maker recoil in fear.