Goodbye Jesus

Weaklings

Mythra

In every church I was in, there was a steady stream of people seeking counseling from the pastor or assistant pastor(s). People snivelling and crying about every freaking thing you can imagine. Although I've always been kinda strong-willed, I find myself even more so now that I'm out of religion.

I've found that relying on yourself is a hell of a lot better than spending time on your knees praying to oxygen.

I wonder if christianity and the dependency on religion breeds weaklings and emotionally wrecked people or attracts em to begin with. Perhaps "Christ is a crutch" is true after all.

All of those things are very much human to me and I'm not comfortable with the term "weak" unless it refers to ones physical strength, in which case...I'm a wussy. :grin:

C'mon you wuss. Call a spade a spade. Weaklings. Only weaklings fall upon the external support of religion. They just need to suck it up and figure out they can survive in this world on their own.

:Old: Religious dependency is for decrepit cripples.

I'm just a little tongue-in-cheek today to get a rise out of fundies.. But, truthfully, let's face it. People who have inner-strength and internal resolve are not attracted to religion as much as those who don't.

and then there are those it's foisted upon, daily; they may never seek to escape or find anything wrong with it, or fear daring to think any other way

C'mon you wuss. Call a spade a spade. Weaklings. Only weaklings fall upon the external support of religion. They just need to suck it up and figure out they can survive in this world on their own.

Alright buster, watch it! :grin: Or I'll hunt you down and :begood: My wussiness goes away when the male of the species gets cockay, I have a pretty good way of finding just the right spot on the male arm and backfisting it.

I'm just a little tongue-in-cheek today to get a rise out of fundies.. But, truthfully, let's face it. People who have inner-strength and internal resolve are not attracted to religion as much as those who don't.

I can understand it better in the way you have worded here and do agree, however, I know plenty in the community who are overly confident and get on my everlasting nerves.

Hoaxes prey on the desperate and the vulnerable. Some churches are a breeding ground for dependancy and depression. I think it has a lot to do with how much a denomination is willing to go to stress the "worthless sinner" description they have for humans.

Christianism has been that way forever. Celsus wrote in the second century, how proselytizers would prey on slaves and uneducated men and weak-willed women and children, but would slink away when the master of the estate came home.

You're right on the money Mythra.

Take it from a former Christian/Weakling/Sniveller/Crybaby. I've been out of that system now for about 5 years and I'm still trying to get over it.

As we all know, it's in the church heirarchy's interest to keep its followers week and confused. Create the problem, promise the solution, and blame the weakling for his weakness when the solution doesn't happen as promised.

I doubt you'll get many fundies responding. They're all to weak to take you on.

Hoaxes prey on the desperate and the vulnerable. Some churches are a breeding ground for dependancy and depression. I think it has a lot to do with how much a denomination is willing to go to stress the "worthless sinner" description they have for humans.

I think that's an important point. I remember when we were kids my mother bought my brother a christian book that was supposed to help with self esteem. My brother was and still is pretty shy. If you think about it the irony is fairly thick. Christianity does nothing but tear down self esteem by emphasizing what a rotten person you are through and through. In fact you must be covered with christ's blood so that god can even stand you. Yet it is not you that he tollerates at that point because he indeed sees christ's coat of protection and not rotten you. Swallowed whole these ideas will make a whimp out of the strongests of beasts.

Now I am pretty good with the Psycological Aspects of Christianity so here it goes.

1. I have seen more militant minded, super soldiers come out of Cavalry Baptist Church than The US Marine Corps. Here in beaumont they hold youth functions all over the city, and they get seriously involved in street preaching.

2. Christianity only breeds Weakness in those of little faith. There is nothing more dangerous than a fundy on a rampage. Same goes for Islam.

3. If a person is having Psycological trouble or is experiencing hard times, Christianity just keeps them from getting help because of false hope. It does not breed Weakness, It breeds some of the most dangerous, close minded people on the planet.

Now I am pretty good with the Psycological Aspects of Christianity so here it goes.

1. I have seen more militant minded, super soldiers come out of Cavalry Baptist Church than The US Marine Corps. Here in beaumont they hold youth functions all over the city, and they get seriously involved in street preaching.

2. Christianity only breeds Weakness in those of little faith. There is nothing more dangerous than a fundy on a rampage. Same goes for Islam.

3. If a person is having Psycological trouble or is experiencing hard times, Christianity just keeps them from getting help because of false hope. It does not breed Weakness, It breeds some of the most dangerous, close minded people on the planet.

and most of them are very PROUD of it!

True, for all I know. :3:

Perhaps christianity takes weaklings and turns them into crazed,

bloodthirsty fanatics?

Perhaps christianity takes weaklings and turns them into crazed,

bloodthirsty fanatics?

Perhaps, but they're not crying anymore. There on a full scale war with us, which is something many Exchristians need to see. We are practically Texans in the Alamo. The best we can hope for is that one day are land will be free, but we will never yield

Peace,

BC

Your post is a tedious, homogenised, chameleon-esque scribble which amounts to nothing more than the demented cacophonous racket of a drugged lunatic banging loudly on kitchen pots and pans. Your post is an orgy of stultifying cacophonous verbal depravity; an exercise in literary impotence, and an offense to all of good taste and decency.

If your brain matter was axle grease, there wouldn't be enough in your head to grease the dynamo on a lightening bug's ass. Clearly, the full area of your ignorance is not yet mapped. We are presently only exploring the fringes of that vast expanse. If you knew what you're talking about, you'd be dangerous. Oh well, as the late Douglas Adams said: "You live and learn. At any rate, you live."

You are about as entertaining as a child's inflatable punching toy. You bop it, it springs back, you bop it again and you forget it ever existed. It slowly deflates in an unused corner, then one day you throw it away. If I had wanted to talk to somebody with your personality, I would be at the damn pet store talking to the lizards. Maybe you wouldn't come across as such a jellyfish-sucking mental midget if your father didn't screw a plant and raised a blooming idiot; if your weren't so fat that you look like The Michelin Man man on steroids, or if you didn't have a face that makes your dentist treat you by mail-order. No, come to think of it, you would.

To sum up: you are about as smart as your rubber bow tie and two left shoes suggest, Bozo. Now, go curl back up in your corner, and continue chewing on your toenails.

Lol :) I felt like leaving something here that would be funny! ;)

PS: J/k :D

[Perhaps, but they're not crying anymore. There on a full scale war with us, which is something many Exchristians need to see. We are practically Texans in the Alamo. The best we can hope for is that one day are land will be free, but we will never yield

Peace,

BC

I hear what you're saying. They're taking us back to the dark ages. :(

I think it would really depend on WHAT they are getting "counseling" for and why they turn to a minister. I know of some people dealing with serious issues but only go to a minister because it is someone to talk to for free so they don't have to worry about not having insurance to talk to someone. Granted they also don't go to the ministers that would be all "Jesus wouldn't like you you poor excuse for a human, you're going to hell for that" either, but the more realistic ones that usually leave God out of the counseling unless it is requested anyway. But I don't think depression makes one weak.

However, someone believing something because their mama and papa told them to and they never explored anything else is kinda weak.

Sorry for the run on sentences and bad grammar. I can't edit my posts to fix that.

My aunt had been involved in a car accident where she had a concussion. After this she became very depressed. She sought counseling through the church our family attended. The counselors had theology degrees at best, most had two years of bible college.

She was told to fast and pray. They told a severely depressed person to stop eating. Obviously, this did not help her and she became more and more depressed. No one told her she may need medication. No one told her to seek a psychiatrist or other type professional help. She was told this was a Demonic attack and she was letting Satan win because she wasn't getting better. A few days after one of her counseling sessions with one of the "counselors" she committed suicide.

Taph

But I don't think depression makes one week.
It does if it lasts for at least seven days. :mellow:

But I don't think depression makes one weak.
One time, I was so depressed I actually got sick. Really. couldn't get out of bed and it scared the shit out of me. Decided to stop being so depressed, and I got better.

But there are a lot of folks out there that can't just decide to get undepressed and it work. That doesn't make them weak. It just means they need extra help. If they talk to someone who just says "you're being tortured for X sin" then yeah, that is really really wrong. If they don't have the means to help them, they should help those individuals get the help they really need.

But I don't think depression makes one weak.
One time, I was so depressed I actually got sick. Really. couldn't get out of bed and it scared the shit out of me. Decided to stop being so depressed, and I got better.

Dopamine and Norepinephrine work in mysterious ways.....

Depression can have physical symptoms. Weight gain or loss, fatigue, etc. I read up on it after my housemate killed himself.

Oh, yeah. Clinical depression bites the moose. Been living with it since I was 9; taken drugs for it since I was 19.

Got any questions, I'll be happy to answer 'em.

Funny, though, how when I was Xian it never really got better. It's easy to feed what's essentially an underlying clinical or biochemical problem, and the "you're a worthless sinner" crap of Xianity sure fed my suicidal fire.

It's equally funny how much more human I felt after I got out of it. I have bad days occasionally now, but nothing like the long, endless, bleak semi-existence I lived when I was Xian, and firmly believed I wasn't fit to lick the ass of Jesus.

That kinda shit takes a toll on a human soul...

I've found that relying on yourself is a hell of a lot better than spending time on your knees praying to oxygen.

Oxygen? HERETIC!!

NITROGEN is the One True Gas!! You'll burn in oxygen for your heresy!!

Oh, yeah. Clinical depression bites the moose. Been living with it since I was 9; taken drugs for it since I was 19.

Got any questions, I'll be happy to answer 'em.

Funny, though, how when I was Xian it never really got better. It's easy to feed what's essentially an underlying clinical or biochemical problem, and the "you're a worthless sinner" crap of Xianity sure fed my suicidal fire.

It's equally funny how much more human I felt after I got out of it. I have bad days occasionally now, but nothing like the long, endless, bleak semi-existence I lived when I was Xian, and firmly believed I wasn't fit to lick the ass of Jesus.

That kinda shit takes a toll on a human soul...

I hear ya, Gwen. I've been dealing with it off and on since jr. high. And I can tell you from hard, bitter experience that depression + fundyism = :crazy:

But of course, it was depression that lead me to xtianity to start with. If I had just found a good counselor I might not even be on this site. :shrug: