Goodbye Jesus

Found A Blog For If Anyone Wants To Look At How Deluded They Once Were

Inqui

So a teacher I had in school posted a link to this timeless gem about marriage from a site called "The Christian Pundit". Reading over some of the horror stories talked about, one has to wonder why you hear about so many Christian guys like that. And I bet there's nothing that turns a woman on more than being a subservient to the head of her household.

I wondered what else these guys preach and saw a few other interesting ideas floating around. We've got this one here saying you'd be upset if the President wrote his own vows when getting sworn in, so Christians shouldn't be writing their own vows today. The 1500s called, and they're thrilled someone else agrees with them (literally: they cite a book from 1549).

We've got this one here talking about how preachers' daughters should be doing their best to enhance their dads' reputations. The rest of it's just general stuff from four choirgirls who at least pretend they don't have a sinful thought in their body. On a sidenote, why is it that preachers' daughters are usually crazy hot?

However, my favourite piece was this. I'm not even going to comment here. Instead, I'll let a select quote speak for me.

Suppose you and a friend go into someone’s house and see something valuable laying there — maybe an amazing new laptop. You are discussing how beautiful it is and your friend picks it up and gives it to you and says, “Go ahead, you can have it.” Are you stealing if you take it? Of course you are. Why? Because he doesn’t have the right to give it away. It doesn’t belong to him. There is no substantive difference between this and armed robbery: in either case you are taking what is not rightfully yours.

The same with a young woman giving her body to her boyfriend. She doesn’t have the right to use her body in a way contrary to Gods’ [ed: obviously we're polytheists now] created intent. And the man who takes the gift she is giving is robbing her and God just as much as if he was forcibly stealing it. A chief part of the sinfulness of sexual sin is that it is taking something that is not yours. It is a theft, a fundamental violation. Your body and your sexuality, in the most fundamental sense does not “belong” to you. It is a gift God has given to you and you are responsible to him for its use.

"There is no substantive difference between this and armed robbery."

The article carries on like that and there's a part two I don't think I'll be reading.

The rest of the site looks generally theological. The scary/encouraging thing is that had I been reading this three or four years ago, I'd be lapping it up and possibly sharing it too. Looking at it now, I can't believe anyone would buy that line of thinking: much less that I did.

However, if ever you feel like you haven't made much personal progress, have a look at the stuff on that site. If you find it outdated, overly interfering and borderline dangerous in some cases, then you've probably come a long way since deconverting. :)

• Super Moderator

WendyDoh.gif

Oh right. I forgot--my daddy owns my vagina.

Thanks for the reminder of what I'm not missing!

Here's more tripe: http://cbmw.org/

Guest r3alchild

"Your body and your sexuality, in the most fundamental sense does not “belong” to you. It is a gift God has given to you and you are responsible to him for its use."

How far can someone stretch that line of thinking. Should I stop eating because that roast chicken does not belong to me and that it is a gift from god and I need full permission to eat it. What about the air I breathe should I stop breathing because I need gods permission first.

Fuck me! maybe I need gods permission to take a shit.

I think this is worth over 9000 words...

1303199382350.jpg