Goodbye Jesus

The 'hate speech' double standard

spamandham

"IF JESUS COMES BACK, WE'LL KILL HIM AGAIN." - sounds like hate to me. Far more so than anything Jesus ever said and in only a few days of being on a public website will probably spread to more people than Jesus ever directly spoke to.

---

And then there is the question,

Is there justified hate?

"IF JESUS COMES BACK, WE'LL KILL HIM AGAIN." - sounds like hate to me.

Sounds like the truth to me, no matter how you try to spin it and no matter how one tries to parse it.

See, if he really is everything he says he is, the fact that our world has gone to shit will put him in the same position as before. And if not, we'll re-crucify him because we as a race apparently hate anyone who isn't out for himself.

Well, except for those of us who are paying attention...

No, I do not agree.

That's too bad for you. If you don't agree with me, you will be murdered by monkeybone. This is not a threat in the least of course, it's just a warning. Now do you agree with me, or do you prefer death?

(note to FBI: This is just to demonstrate the point, no murders are actually going to take place, and in no way is this a threat of anykind. monkeybone is a fictional character as well.)

Now do you agree with me, or do you prefer death?

(note to FBI: This is just to demonstrate the point, no murders are actually going to take place, and in no way is this a threat of anykind. monkeybone is a fictional character as well.)

No, I don't and for the same reason as before. Besides, we were talking about "speeches" given to the masses, not direct threats (or warnings) from individual to individual.

Also we were talking about a warning about the potential actions of God, not another man. If you're going to accept that Jesus is God (which He never claimed, btw) then you should also be accepting the attitude that He expressed which was anything but threatening.

I don't have time to argue here, I just wanted to point out that Ssel is so full of shit it makes my head spin. Jesus never claimed to be the (son of) god? C'mon. And as if I've never been verbally assaulted by some Jesus shouter saying I was going to burn in hell. Hell, my driving instructor when i was 16 ( an ex catholic nun!) told me i was going to burn in hell for running a stop sgn.

My signature is a matter of debate?

Sweet...

Ssel,

It is impossible to hate a fictional character.

Thanks,

Jose

My signature is a matter of debate?

Sweet...

Yeah, and your avatars are a matter of mass debate.

Ssel,

It is impossible to hate a fictional character.

Thanks,

Jose

Funny how people project onto others, and then condemn them, and then claim there's love in there somewhere, too

I'd stick Jesus in the gas chamber, but purely out of love.

jesus.jpg

Hell, my driving instructor when i was 16 ( an ex catholic nun!) told me i was going to burn in hell for running a stop sgn.
If it is impossible to hate a fictional character, then how is it possible to be threatened by one?

Or more to the point, how is it possible that a fictional character can hate?

If your going to say that the fictional character inspires others to hate, then isn't it possible for your hatred signs to inspire hate even easier?

Yes, there is certainly a double standard alright, but look who is making it.

"We can hate and threaten in the guise of a joke or merely a negative opinion, but they can't because someone might take it the wrong way"

Besides, we were talking about "speeches" given to the masses, not direct threats (or warnings) from individual to individual.

No we weren't. 'hate speech' != 'hate speeches'

Also we were talking about a warning about the potential actions of God, not another man.

monkeybone is not a man either

If you're going to accept that Jesus is God (which He never claimed, btw) then you should also be accepting the attitude that He expressed which was anything but threatening.

Jesus is a fictional character, and god is a fictional character, but that doesn't make them the same.