Goodbye Jesus

Christians Don't Believe in Gravity

dustmouse

Maybe this is the wrong place for this, but I just busted a gut laughing.

I was watching the new Family Guy on Fox just now and it entailed Mel Gibson chasing after Peter and Lois and shooting at them on Mt Rushmore.

At anyrate, Peter told Mel something and Mel just walked right off the top of the one head and fell into the valley below.

Lois says, "Oh my God. He just walked right off the edge!!"

and Peter says, "Of course he did. Christians don't believe in gravity!!"

hahahahahahahaha :lmao:

I nearly spit at the screen when I heard that! That is so ironic considering some of the topics that have been discussed recently about Christians and their contempt for scientific theories.

I immediately thought of these forums. That was kickass.

My German Shorthair got a coffee shower when Mel fell...

I laffed so hard family thought I had, well, ok, forgone conclusion, lost it.. :)

"Gravity.."

BuWGHWHWhhahahahahaahhaahahahA!

n

I was still hammered from this long weekend of drinking and acting like a kid half my age (well drinking like one anyway) so I was past out on my sofa and I managed to wake up to see that bit and immediately fell asleep again afterwards.

i'm glad the Family Guy is back. Now if we could just get Futurama back, life would be good!

I think that episode will air again on next Sunday's Adult Swim line-up. I'm so making a soundbyte of that!

I think that episode will air again on next Sunday's Adult Swim line-up.  I'm so making a soundbyte of that!

Post it! Post it! :beg:

aw! I missed the episode on sunday :vent::Doh: . everyone's been telling me how funny it was. hope they show it again.

They almost certainly will. Adult Swim is a guarunteed replay, and I'd be shocked if Fox didn't replay it themselves.

Guest JP1283

I was CRACKING UP when they showed Peter in the Passion of the Christ. He was all "hey...stop it! Yeah, stop it!" I'm so glad Family Guy is back.

I'm glad they haven't lost any of that old edge. Woulda sucked for it to come back as a watered down version of itself.

On a side note, what about that new show, American Dad? Not quite as good as Family Guy, but it did have it's moment: (when discussing the woman making more money than the man) "At first I didn't think about it at all, but then she started making more and more money, and then...BAM!" The guy drops his pants and he had no genitalia. I 'bout cried when I saw that.

The fact that the alien sounds like Paul Lynde cracks me up.

...tell me I'm not the only one who knows who Paul Lynde is.

...tell me I'm not the only one who knows who Paul Lynde is.

No, you're not the only one.

I don't remember any of the movies that he was in,

but I do remember him being on Hollywood Squares

all the time.

Favorite Paul Lynde zing...

"Why do the Hell's Angels wear leather?"

Paul: "Because chiffon wrinkles!"

Favorite Paul Lynde zing...

"Why do the Hell's Angels wear leather?"

Paul: "Because chiffon wrinkles!"

Yeah, he was funny. He EARNED that center square...

He was great in Bye Bye Birdie. Perfect role for him.

I TIVO'd that Family Guy episode, and when a saw that part (about gravity) I immediately thought of posting it here. I already put it onto a DVD. Great show.

<edit to add this>

I agree with Quicksand on Futurama. They also need to bring back MST3000, Red Dwarf, and Mr. Show!!

I heard Futurama was canned because they insulted the wrong FOX exec. Seems odd, though. They poke enough fun at themselves it's hard to imagine them being so petty. But maybe it was the main guy, or they struck a nerve... Futurama had surpassed the Simpsons for me as #1 of the network shows.