Goodbye Jesus

The Bitter End

Guest r3alchild

Guest r3alchild

Its the end alright, I have gone to far to turn back now. Oh how bitter is to turn your back on what you thought was real. Its a very strange pain that can't believe that it was tricked and hoodwinked for so many years.

I feel bit like neo on that terrible day, yes the mind has a hard time letting go at a certain age. I don't know if I will ever truly heal but it does not matter I am free and what a strange pill it is.

• Like 5

I feel bit like neo on that terrible day, yes the mind has a hard time letting go at a certain age. I don't know if I will ever truly heal but it does not matter I am free and what a strange pill it is.

I feel the same way, like Neo. -  Good description!

Can I ask you, what made you hold on to the Christian belief for the many years?

- In my own case my biggest reason I hang on to my faith for many years was the awesome nature, and I couldn’t imagine it all to be without God. I didn’t believe Evolution Theory could be anything else than an excuse for not having God in life. What a naive fool I was!

Dan

• Like 1

Now it is time for you to decide what is meaningful to you and go about living your life that way.  Build a good life and put things in it that you enjoy.

• Like 2

Congratulations good luck on moving forward hopefully things will be easier now that you have chosen the path you wish to walk.

The ultimate freedom is being able to decide for yourself what you wish to accept as possible and what is likely in matters of reason and faith. However, I would suggest not pushing this too hard to other people who you know will disagree, the herd mentality can be hard to overcome. :)

• Like 1

Its the end alright, I have gone to far to turn back now. Oh how bitter is to turn your back on what you thought was real. Its a very strange pain that can't believe that it was tricked and hoodwinked for so many years.

The world outside the Matrix can seem dark, frightening, confusing, and painful at first, but there is no high better than looking around you and just seeing things with your real eyes and thinking to yourself, "This is all how everything really looks."

• Like 1

It's so wonderful to go out in the world now and put your very own 'meaning' on everything.. and then to create your own journey. That is true freedom.

Best to you on your new venture! Have some fun along the way!!

• Like 2

When I was a Christian, to some extent I walked around with God goggles on. I only appreciated beautiful things in the context that God had created them, but that heaven would be even more, even inexplicably, beautiful. I enjoyed food and things that felt good, but knew that nothing would compare to how I would feel in heaven.

Now that the goggles are off, I savor my experiences. I understand that the experiences are the one time that the being that is me will interact with this universe. The taste of food, the enjoyment of sex, the way sand feels between my toes at the beach, the way my kids look at me like I'm nuts... this is everything, this all the real, this is all part of the only life in which these things get to happen to me. Breathe it all in. Feel the air in your lungs. Feel the wind in your hair and the way your clothing hangs on your body. Think about the photons striking the back of your retinas, and how your brain is processing everything to become a mind.

This is you. The real you. The only you. Enjoy, and be amazed, that the universe has somehow stumbled upon this ability to create minds with which it can observe itself.

• Like 3

Enjoy your freedom!

There are a lot of people who give their whole lives for what you now know to not be the truth. Be glad you are able to question strongly held beliefs and have the courage to drop the ones you believe are wrong.

A questioning mind will serve you well. It is a wonderful gift. and you have the rest of your life to enjoy it.

Good luck with everything.

Guest r3alchild

I feel the same way, like Neo. - Good description!

Can I ask you, what made you hold on to the Christian belief for the many years?

- In my own case my biggest reason I hang on to my faith for many years was the awesome nature, and I couldn’t imagine it all to be without God. I didn’t believe Evolution Theory could be anything else than an excuse for not having God in life. What a naive fool I was!

Dan

Healing in all its forms.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know about you but... I'm not sure which is more freeing and wonderful -- getting away from the "poor miserable sinner" mentality of the religion itself, or getting away from the other (insecure, selfish, fill-in-the-blank-yourself) people caught up in it. Either way... no more of that drama. Welcome to the real world, and to the rest of your life. Congrats on your journey this far.

Even when I was still a Christian, my favorite bumper sticker was "Jesus, save me from your followers." Now I just think, "Oh never mind!" I'm free from it all.

Every little step and victory you guys report here, gives me courage and hope. Thanks for sharing.

I was so brainwashed I actually believed the bible was the inerrant, inspired, and infallible word of God and must be adhered to perfectly. The group I was affiliated with were bible idolaters. God and the bible were one and the same thing in their minds.

Somewhere in the late 90’s I began to see the flaws and inconsistencies in the bible. I knew such a thing should not exist because the bible was literally perfect having been created by God personally. A perfect book could not contain contradictions and inconsistencies. God simply could not and would not create a flawed instruction manual but the evidence clearly indicated that He did. How could that be?

The bible was the foundation of my faith and once I detected its flaws my faith began to crack. In an attempt to reconcile my faith with reality I began to research the creation and evolution of the bible and Christianity. I held on for several years before the strength of the evidence forced me to accept the reality that both the bible and Christianity were manmade and there simply wasn’t anything Devine or supernatural about either of them. The last vestige of my crumbling faith evaporated when I found out there was no historical Jesus; not a single word about any such man anywhere in the annals of ancient history.

Thus began my journey towards de-conversion. I was eventually deprogramed through an intense study of religous history.  

• Like 1