Goodbye Jesus

Unbiased info

saxyroze

I’m trying to find an unbiased site about historical “bible” times. Like, what the geology and geography was like back then, the different cultures and such. I’m just really confused on what it was really like back in the “bible” times. Some say that back in Noah’s time all that continents where still together and other’s say that dinosaurs lived among the humans and wiped away by the flood …and I what about when Jesus was around, where there Native American Indians in, what is now, America? Or Eskimos in Alaska area back then? Was the Jerusalem area always a desert? Got many many questions but wherever I look I always get very biased answers. I just simply want facts. No guesses or opinions. Facts.

I really don't know what you expect to find. If you're looking for a resource that doesn't explicitly or implicitly negate the opposition, then you're never going to find an unbiased source, because all sources bear some kind of bias.

Hmm, I guess I’m looking for a timeline of worldly happenings around bible times, not just in Jerusalem area, but everywhere. And I’m trying to find a scientific timeline of what the bible says happened and when the things actually happened, like for instance, the “flood”. I’m really stuck on the great flood idea. Global or not. Happened or didn’t? I suppose I’m basically looking for timelines set by scientific findings. :scratch:

Pretty much any geological feature consistent with a 4000 ya worldwide flood has not been found.

Many features, in fact, directly contradict the Biblical global deluge. In order to explain away those things, YECs deny geological uniformitarianism (of which they employ a strawman in any case), hence their reliance on seemingly absurd explanations like hyper-fast continental drift and mountain-building.

Well, I'm not much of a archeology buff, but I do know that the best place to start in terms of knowing what was going on during the Biblical times would be the histories of both China and Egypt.

Hi Saxyrose

If you are looking for stuff around the time of Christ, I can recommend a pretty good author. It's hard to find anyone with bias, but Burton Mack has some pretty good books about the time, and explores them from more of a sociological standpoint and doesn't appear to be judgemental, just talks about the mindset of people, the evidence for & against & kind of lets the reader decide. Mack is one of the members of the "Jesus Seminar," and that is full of folks from both sides of the fence. He's about the best I've found for secular history of (New Testament) biblical times, and I've read quite a few.

I've never concerned myself much with OT history, there tends to be a lot more bias there, since most of the data we have on it has been preserved by the church (and they kinda have a tendency to "lose" stuff that has negative connotations).

This site has some decent timelines, may have some of what you are looking for...

Timelines

:thanks:

Thats a really interesting site. I just quickly browsed the area where the global flood should be (around 2000-3000BC), strangely enough seems to have been life as usual. Went back a couple of thousand years further to where it is claimed only Adam and Eve were on the planet and found "5000BC The human population was about 5 million at this time."

Damn those two bred like rabbits!

This site has some decent timelines, may have some of what you are looking for...

Timelines

:thanks:

Thanks!! :woohoo: