Goodbye Jesus

Itza Da Friggen Pope!

JamesG

So my wife and I were lying In bed (she is a Christian) I said to her hey look honey its ok the pope says I can be good now =D. She rolls her eyes at me. She's not catholic so when I bust her chops about the pope she always gives a good eye roll. She says why would I trust anything that comes from an organization that covers up pedophilia to which I said well you cant really prove the new pope was involved as much as emperor palpatine was. Long story short after some things I would rather not repeat were said she rolls over and says "Atheists typical" in a jovial manner(I am a pastafarian =P) then I said well if you believe in unicorns talking donkies, snakes and dragons surely you can believe in the FSM what ensued was. Classic she said show me. Of course she only has a copy of the new testament so when I cracked open the bible gateway.com and went KJV on her ass  she couldn't help but to crack up laughing when she saw the unicorns then it got even funnier when she said well there still isn't talking donkies  until I pulled up the story of Balaam and the donkey again she laughed pretty hard then said well there is still no talking snakes then I said what about genesis? Her response I got to play words with friends =P  

I think what bothered her/entertained her most was not that there was talking donkies and unicorns all though that was bad was that the NIV completely covers it up. Take out unicorns and replaces it with bulls. There is even one line where bulls and unicorns are mentioned side by side and the NIV translates unicorn to grand bull

All in all it was a good day for reason!!!!! we don't talk religion a lot kinda let sleeping dogs lie but the window of opportunity presented itself and we stepped through it together was nice to get some laughs out of it because usually these conversations end with her feeling sad.

• Like 4

Keeping this site online isn't free, so we need your support! Make a one-time donation or choose one of the recurrent patron options by clicking here.

I'm glad you and your wife get along so well.  I'm going to milk the Pope's declaration for all it's worth because my wife was raised catholic.

haha! Reminds me of the conversations I used to have with my atheist boything, we'd either have a gentle laugh about it or things would get pretty... frustrating. I'm glad you can laugh about it together!

Now when I complain about religion at him he's all reasonable and stuff. Great glare.gif

I'm glad you and your wife get along so well.  I'm going to milk the Pope's declaration for all it's worth because my wife was raised catholic.

yeah you get to have more fun with it than me woohoo.gif  there is more milk for you to squeeze since she was raised catholic jesus.gif

I don't know but I feel like a punch line is coming

Arrrrh its the pope! Run before he eats you!

I'm a little too old to be eaten by the Pope but watch out for all your sons, little brothers, cousins and nephews.  

• Like 1

How many pinching popes does it take to plan a party.

I don't know but I feel like a punch line is coming

Theres no answer to that joke, I never made one up.

I've got one for ya...

Answer: It takes 0 pinching popes to plan a party because they never would. Catholics think having fun is a sin!

lol