Goodbye Jesus

A needy God

trashy

I heard a radio interview recently with the wife of a slain Fort Worth police officer. She was describing the difficulties she and her children were having. And after a few minutes of this she offered up the following opinion as to why all of this had happened:

"I guess God needed him up in heaven"

Now far be it from me to be rude to a new widow, and grieving is difficult enough as it is, but this kind of thinking just befuddles me. What could God POSSIBLY 'need'? How is her dead husband's spirit floating around in heaven going to somehow solve some problem that God has? God needs the husband, but the young boy and girl left behind DON'T? :twitch:

OK, /rant off..... :ugh:

Yeah, perfectly needy god is a bit of an oxymoron isn't it.

I remember when followers practically deified Keith Green arguing that god needed him as well.

Yeah, perfectly needy god is a bit of an oxymoron isn't it.

I remember when followers practically deified Keith Green arguing that god needed him as well.

OHMIGOD! I forgot all about that one! I never could figure out why God needed him and a couple of his kids but his wife and the other kids didn't.

MODERATOR: Perhaps this should be merged into the other excellent thread on the same topic?

other thread