Goodbye Jesus

So My Ex-Pastor Was Pure Evil

ConureDelSol

So, those of you on the Facebook group may have heard that the pastor of the church I used to work for (and that my dad currently works for) was arrested with charges of having sex with two minors younger than 14.  He is currently facing 7 felonies and had $200k bond in Texas.  So he made bond, came back to Virginia and now I have updates that I would like to share.

Another pastor of ours was arrested a week prior for basically harassing and threatening someone who was trying to get the head pastor convicted.  As of today, the head pastor, the harassment pastor and two other pastors resigned from the church.  When the head pastor returned home, his wife would not let him in the house and he resorted to sleeping in his office at the church (an office he shouldn't have been using since he'd already stepped down).  

It has now been confirmed that the members of the inner circle at the church were lining their pockets.  My dad looked into the finances (after being told to only keep the past two weeks for reporting to the IRS or something) and discovered that one member who reported making $40k/year was actually making over $100k per year.  When my dad signed a contract to work with them, he had a set amount he would work for as a minimum.  Since then, he has had a 12% cut in pay.  Where did that go?  The pastor's Jaguar, an Escalade, a classic car, big screen TVs, a movie theater in his house, cars for other inner circle members, etc.  We have been in debt for years because of taking my mother's parents into our home and providing for their medical needs.  Yet my dad has essentially been cheated out of AT LEAST 12% of what he should have been making.

AND THAT'S NOT EVEN THE WORST PART.  After the head pastor was kicked out, the board went into his office and discovered videos of him having sex with just about every member of the staff.  It was found out that he used these videos as blackmail against anyone who tried to oppose him.  It was also discovered that he had paid the family of the two girls he molested (the charges being brought against him now from 1996) to keep quiet.  

So, the church is falling apart at the seams, my dad is looking for an exit strategy and everyone feels betrayed and taken advantage of.

Also, my dad was completely denying any of this until a week or so ago.  Evidently, he heard some things in staff meetings and has seen some things in emails and other virtual documents (he's the IT guy) that has convinced him that this is all true.  

So basically, my ex-pastor is a tremendous scum-bag and I now have very little doubt that he's done everything he's been accused of and more.  He's facing the possibility of 20 years to life in prison right now if convicted.  Let's hope the fuckwit gets what he deserves.

Oh, and my dad overheard his wife saying that she and the children are moving back to California.

And he was buddies with Jack Schaap.

Looks like my "Something fucked up is going on here" senses I conveyed in a post here awhile back were right on target.

There is no way somebody like that actually believes the religion.  A good atheist will tell you he doesn't believe in that sort of thing.  An evil atheist will preach you a sermon and ask you to contribute to his ministry.  Well, I hope those criminals get prosecuted to the full extent of the law.  Your dad didn't get cheated out of just the 12%.  He also got cheated after every tithe he made.

• Like 3

Appalling, but no longer surprising.  Is the IRS on the case yet?  Have to close all the rat holes so that none of the rats manage to escape what's coming to them.

This must be devastating for your dad.  Give him a big (((hug))) from Me and tell him to get cracking on his resumé first thing tomorrow morning.  He has to get away from there, STAT.

• Like 1

Yeah this kind of stain doesn't just affect the perps especially with embezzling factor. If your dad is not careful this could affect his career as well. I am sure the IRS is on this lol the FBI tried for years couldnt touch the Mafia. Yet the second they started cheating on their taxes the IRS was on that like stink on shit.

This whole think stinks >.<  Sad that the parents of the molested kids took pay offs to keep quite that's almost as bad as the kids being raped. It just reinforces the shame guilt and suffering they have already sustained.

• Like 1

eek.gif  eek.gif  eek.gif

Holy moly!!!!!!!

How are YOU doing through all of this? OMG.Wendytwitch.gif  Un. Believable.

wow.

I would love to go through his thought process on how it's ok to own things like a jaguar whilst asking church going people for money.

I'm with mymistake on this. There is no way this guy was religious.

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

Conure, you and your family have been in my thoughts since all this hit the news, especially since you saw through Pastor G a long time ago and have posted many times about your concern for your dad.   I hope he finds a new job soon.

You may remember that my daughter and her husband and kids also went to The Roc for a while several years ago (maybe in 2003/04 - I forget exactly).   Hoping to get me back to jeeeezus, they corralled me into going there a couple of times to see this "new, hip preacher who was on fire for the lawd".   As I said before, the only thing I saw in this pastor was MAJOR creepiness.  (But I'm the evil atheist of the family, so WTF do I know?)   I really felt like I was in the middle of a cult leader's ego-stroking seminar.  Turns out I was.  

I commented on one of the news items webmdave posted about The Roc.  (I included a link to pictures of his $670,000 home, if anyone is interested, as well as some other links from the Rick Ross/Cult Information forum and a bit on Pastor G's history.  Hint:  Pastor G follows in his father's footsteps and he keeps company with fellow scumbags.)

http://www.ex-christian.net/topic/56830-us-marshals-arrest-roc-pastor-on-sex-charges-rvanews/?p=865246

Take care, Conure...and give your dad a big hug.  I'm sure he's feeling devastated, betrayed, angry, and totally sick right now. 

• Like 1

I know a guy who made 130k along with his wife who made about 46k - he has a one hour/day radio show. Many days he's not even doing a live broadcast - just a recording from the past. Twice a year he begs for money from his co-depended flock - many of whom don't have 2 dimes to rub together. In fact, during one beg-a-thon as I call them, he praised 'spiritual' people who were UNEMPLOYED for donating to him.

If anyone is interested in more info about this, just let me know but as an atheist living in total honesty/truth I have to give out a disclaimer. I can't stand the bastard - I know alot about him personally. So maybe I have an axe to grind okay?

• Like 1

I know a guy who made 130k along with his wife who made about 46k - he has a one hour/day radio show. Many days he's not even doing a live broadcast - just a recording from the past. Twice a year he begs for money from his co-depended flock - many of whom don't have 2 dimes to rub together. In fact, during one beg-a-thon as I call them, he praised 'spiritual' people who were UNEMPLOYED for donating to him.

If anyone is interested in more info about this, just let me know but as an atheist living in total honesty/truth I have to give out a disclaimer. I can't stand the bastard - I know alot about him personally. So maybe I have an axe to grind okay?

If I knew him personally then I would have an ax to grind too.

• Like 1

Ir seems that these type of creeps can do what they do without their flock seriously questioning

Xtianity. Even if their church breaks up the congregation goes into another similar church-from the

kettle into the fire. They say, "He's just humans. We are all sinners." They are brain dead. bill

I don't know Bill I think possibly a small percentage that were on the fence would probably deconvert not the majority by any means but I am sure this will cause a spark in a few people.

I may have worked for the guy, but I wasn't really close to him or anything.  I kind of always thought the way people practically worshiped him was creepy.  I went to counseling with him once, but that was it.  

It's my dad whose world of falling apart right now.  This was the job he was supposed to spend the rest of his life doing.  Now he finds out that all the people around him that he trusted were scum and he could lose his job because of it.  

He was talking about getting a weekend security job.  I told him he would miss church and he said "We don't exactly know what's going to happen with church right now."

I don't know Bill I think possibly a small percentage that were on the fence would probably deconvert not the majority by any means but I am sure this will cause a spark in a few people.

With any luck, this will be the final straw for them. Now that their church is in shambles, there's no reason to stay, and that's a good reason to move on.

I may have worked for the guy, but I wasn't really close to him or anything.  I kind of always thought the way people practically worshiped him was creepy.  I went to counseling with him once, but that was it.  

It's my dad whose world of falling apart right now.  This was the job he was supposed to spend the rest of his life doing.  Now he finds out that all the people around him that he trusted were scum and he could lose his job because of it.  

He was talking about getting a weekend security job.  I told him he would miss church and he said "We don't exactly know what's going to happen with church right now."

So sorry your dad's world has basically been turned upside down because of some asshole perv. I hope he gets the weekend security job, and i hope it brings him at least a bit of stability in his life. The sooner he calls it quits with those people, the better. And if church is something he decides not to keep as a part of his life going forward, then he'll be in good company.

There is no way somebody like that actually believes the religion. 

I would believe anything about that kind. Anything can be justified with religion and its holy books. Look at the monster they worship.

Guest r3alchild

First I will say that you wrote that really well, I was like on the edge of my seat. Second I will say that the real thing that makes me really upset is not just what the pastor did but what their god does in these situations. (Let me explain) Is their god so fucking useless that he can't even turn one pastor around before he offends and ruins his life and everyone connected to him. This religion that preaches, "come to me all who have sinned and ill make you whiter than snow." should say, come to me all who have sinned and ill watch you sin more and more. Because frankly thats all there bloody god does.

I don't believe that there has been even one of these predatory pastors yet that has gotten convicted by the holy spirit, resigned, and turned themselves in to law enforcement feeling truly sorry for what they have done.

• Like 1

Has anyone ever seen some traveling evangelist/prophet call out a pastor on their hidden sin?

Guest r3alchild

Has anyone ever seen some traveling evangelist/prophet call out a pastor on their hidden sin?

Yeah, jesus.

Yeah, the preacher that brought Jimmy Swaggert down had hired a private investigator to track Swaggert's excapades after Swaggert brought the other preacher's sins to public scrutiny. Pay backs are a bitch.

Yeah, the preacher that brought Jimmy Swaggert down had hired a private investigator to track Swaggert's excapades after Swaggert brought the other preacher's sins to public scrutiny. Pay backs are a bitch.

The holy spirit failed so he had to hire a private investigator.

I wonder what goes on in the mind of some of these fraudulent preachers.  People like Hinn, Bakker, Michael Murdock, Paul and Jan Crouch, Peter Popoff........etc...........  Do they believe it is complete BS and knowingly push it as a fraud for their own benefit (money, sex, power)?  Or, do they believe the delusion in their heads?