Goodbye Jesus

Chatty Co-workers

Amethyst

Arrrrgh! I hate it when people stand around someone's desk and talk about personal stuff. It's not even my desk, it's the desk of the cube on the opposite side of me. It's not even remotely business-related. Do they not realize that people can't concentrate and get their work done when they are gabbing?

Drives me completely and totally up the wall. Wouldn't care so much if it was all the way on the other end of the office, but when it's next to me, it's incredibly annoying. And it's not at my cube, so I can't do anything about it or I will look rude.

:vent:

What I hate is when I'm trying to surf the web and post things on newsgroups, and people come around wanting to talk about work! Man they are rude!

:funny:

It wasn't even complaining. Just normal "catching up" gab. Oh well, it's moot now. I just had to rant and get it out of my system before I did something stupid.

The girl (yes, girl. she's not mature enough to be called 'woman' or 'lady' or anything else that implies adulthood) in the office adjacent to mine is a soap opera. For three years she has been going in and out of divorce. She YELLS over the phone all day long at either her soon-to-be-ex or her lawyer on the rare occasions she actually shows up for work. I can shut the door, but then that makes me seem unavailable.

Now, we have a new receptionist too affectionately known as Mrs. Chatfire. When she isn't badmouthing her soon-to-be-ex to friends, she's talking about her cats at full volume or chatting about shoes and purses. She's so loud it travels down to my office as well.

LOL I am sometimes guilty of gabbing, mainly because it keeps work bearable and sometimes interesting. Coworkers are people after all, and we do see them everyday. Why not get to know them? I do hate it when people do it when there is work to be done, and I do hate the soapopera types... there is a time and place for everything.

The girl (yes, girl. she's not mature enough to be called 'woman' or 'lady' or anything else that implies adulthood) in the office adjacent to mine is a soap opera. For three years she has been going in and out of divorce. She YELLS over the phone all day long at either her soon-to-be-ex or her lawyer on the rare occasions she actually shows up for work. I can shut the door, but then that makes me seem unavailable.

Sheesh. You gotta wonder how people like that get hired in the first place. It can't be their interpersonal skills.

LOL I am sometimes guilty of gabbing, mainly because it keeps work bearable and sometimes interesting. Coworkers are people after all, and we do see them everyday. Why not get to know them? I do hate it when people do it when there is work to be done, and I do hate the soapopera types... there is a time and place for everything.

I don't mind people talking occassionally, but for longer than 5 minutes and right next door to me, it gets really irritating. I know the guy in the next cube. He's fairly nice. It's just that I was trying to get something done yesterday.

Arrrrgh! I hate it when people stand around someone's desk and talk about personal stuff. It's not even my desk, it's the desk of the cube on the opposite side of me. It's not even remotely business-related. Do they not realize that people can't concentrate and get their work done when they are gabbing?

Drives me completely and totally up the wall. Wouldn't care so much if it was all the way on the other end of the office, but when it's next to me, it's incredibly annoying. And it's not at my cube, so I can't do anything about it or I will look rude.

:vent:

I am in this exact situation every day for up to 2 hours at a stretch. It is the most inane, annoying babbling about recipes and toys and things so simple they do not ever need to be brought up and discussed, especially with double-negatives and words like "prolly".

I don't complain because I'm usually in chat at the time... :HaHa:

What I hate is when I'm trying to surf the web and post things on newsgroups, and people come around wanting to talk about work! Man they are rude!

:funny:

You are totally speaking my language!!

I mean, sometimes I'll be chatting with someone vai IM about one of the boards I frequent....and I have to totally ignore them until my coworker goes away with his work request! The nerve of some people! :lmao: