Goodbye Jesus

Daily Show Clip About "persecution"of Christians By Gay People

greylight

Click here to view it. This view is so ass-backwards it makes me angry. Talk about cognitive dissonance.  At least the lady is making fun of this guy the whole time. The guy Matt Slick wrote his response, apparently he didn't know he was going to be made fun of on the daily show and then says there is such a thing as christians being persecuted by listing some examples. Problem, these will never outweigh the damage christianity has done to gay people. It's INCREDIBLE how much of a persecution complex christians have. It's gross.

• Like 1

broken link?

That was hilarious!! I read Matt's response too. Has he never even seen a CLIP of the Daily Show before? Before agreeing to go on national television, wouldn't it make sense to at least watch the show he was going to appear on? 

Matt contends that the producers of the show lied to him when they said they wanted to represent the Christian view accurately, but after watching the clip, I think they represented Christians quite accurately. Not all Christians, of course. There are some Rob Bell's out there trying to reform Christianity, but Matt Slick does represent a large portion of church-going Christians.

To be very fair, what Matt said about how the interview was conducted in his response sounds like it's pretty much what happened. The Daily Show has been getting people to do these types of interviews since Craig Kilborn was hosting it in the late 90s. He was apparently expecting to be interviewed by Stewart himself, which one would expect to be a more legitimate interview. I think he knew what he was in for but acquiesced to get CARM's name out, though I don't think it was worth it for him.

... oh, and I think the stuff about "they took me out of context/look how the Huffington Post covered it/see, they're just proving my point" was in his plans all along. And most of what CARM actually seems to do is aid those who already believe, so from that perspective he seems smarter than he looks. It helped both sides, but probably not so much the viewer.

I even read through a couple of his links about Christian persecution. Most of it was cherry picked and ignored critical details, and quotes people like Matt Barber (so much for his "hey, I think most gays are good people!" talk), so I can't feel much sympathy for his Daily Show experience.

Lol, Christians are being persecuted by not being allowed to persecute others anymore. lmao_99.gif

• Like 1