Goodbye Jesus

Just Got Rear-Ended

Amethyst

Just need to rant.

I got rear-ended in a supermarket parking lot this afternoon, at the back driveway that very few people use because it goes to a side street and not the main road. I use the back way because I live close by. Anyway, it was icy and some lady bumped into me.

There was no damage to my car that I could see, and no damage to me or her or her car.

I got what info I could get from her (her name & phone number, the name of her insurance agent & his company, and her plate #, but she refused to give me her policy number because she said that someone had "screwed her" with it before. Because there was no visible damage and I was fine, I let it go.

Then I got home and called my parents. My stepmom answered and she was like "Well, you should have called the police." She would not believe me that there was no visible damage.

I mean, what was I supposed to do? Stand there all day trying to talk this lady into giving me the policy #? Argue with her until she gives it to me? I'm not that kind of person. There was also no damage, so calling the cops just because she wouldn't have given me the stupid policy number would have just caused a big huge scene for no reason.

I am going to have my dad look at the car tomorrow but ugh...my stepmom got to me more than the stupid driver did.

Glad to hear there were no injuries.

For a moment, I thought a thread from the sexuality forum had been misplaced. :grin:

I'm glad you're unharmed, Amethyst.

It's funny how even things that aren't our fault lead to recriminations. I hope the dad inspection vindicates your approach.

Well, there was a scratch by the license plate. It was right inside the thingy...you know the part of the bumper that holds the plate, so I didn't notice it at first. My car badly needs a wash, but there's so much muck on the streets that it won't do any good to wash it right now.

My dad thinks he will be able to fix it this spring when it gets warmer. It's always a hassle to deal with insurance companies, and if I had gotten it fixed, they'd replace the whole bumper and I wouldn't have a car for a week, which would also suck. Not to mention, that lady was so defensive yesterday that I have reason to doubt whether she has valid insurance. Even though my insurance would pay, I'd still get gyped because my premium would go up or whatever.

Oh well. My dad grew up on a farm and is an engineer by profession. He's good with fixing stuff. He fixed my digital camera that I had dropped on the carpet and the lens thingy was pushed in. I usually buy him dinner or something in return.

Glad you are ok and that your dad will be able to fix it. Sorry it was such a hassle and that you were given a hassle over it too.

Amethyst,

I'm glad too that you are okay. One time a lady backed into me. She had a truck with a custom made steel bumper that did a lot of damage to my car, even though I was sitting still and she was barely moving backwards. I didn't call the police, but she was quite cooperative.

Anywho, even though she was cooperative her insurance company tried to say that I rear ended her. It was like tooth pulling to get them to pay, even though she continually admitted it was her fault. Without a police report and if the lady had been a bitch, I would have royally screwed.

Ro-Bear,

You have a filthy mind. My kind of man!

Taph