Goodbye Jesus

The Street Preachers Toned Things Down

Lautermilich

I went out with the street preachers again last Saturday night and they did tone things down after discussions with lawyers and others that advise them. The newer images are on top of the collection so you will see a change in their expessions. http://www.pbase.com/lautermilch/repent

I was able to take images of some of them smiling. Quite a diffrence from earlier images.

53688305.jpg

I have to ask. Have they saved any souls?

Taph

This isn't about them saving people. It's about self righteousness and a religious cult.

The one thing in particular that stood out to me looking at the photos of these troubled individuals is the one poster that says, "God's Love is Conditional", and then it quotes some verse they think supports that. Point is: it is a full, clear, betrayal of their world view.

They were all probably victims of some form of child abuse by a drunken parent figure or something. Now they band together in support of one another and preach to everyone to show how righteous they have become, hoping that they will feel worthy of their earthly parents love by finally doing the right thing! "God loves me because I'm obeying him! I could never please my dad, because I could never tell what he wanted from me. But God makes it clear. I have his word and I will be accepted by this heavenly angry parent if I just do these things right here in the Bible!"

Poor bastards. We should weep for them.

I'll save my tears for someone who is worthy of them.

I believe the word for these guys back in the day was pharasee...

Nice pics....

...and just think, I get saved only to end up an eternity with them. Oh joy. Some deal. LMFAO.

I love the sign that one freakoid is wearing, "God's love is conditional". What a dumb fuck.

We have these asshats in Dallas as well. I've been tempted to set up a competing area devoted to apostasy right next to them, but I'm too lazy.

They were all probably victims of some form of child abuse by a drunken parent figure or something. Now they band together in support of one another and preach to everyone to show how righteous they have become, hoping that they will feel worthy of their earthly parents love by finally doing the right thing! "God loves me because I'm obeying him! I could never please my dad, because I could never tell what he wanted from me. But God makes it clear. I have his word and I will be accepted by this heavenly angry parent if I just do these things right here in the Bible!"

You're probably right for some of them, A-man, but for most of them it's probably just addiction to 'righteousness'.

It can be a powerful rush to believe you're 110% right; even more pleasurable is the smack-down you get to lay on the sinners and blasphemers. :begood: Moral superiority is great way to catch a buzz.

I love the sign that one freakoid is wearing, "God's love is conditional".

Refutes that idea that god is omnibenevolent doesn't it?

It can be a powerful rush to believe you're 110% right; even more pleasurable is the smack-down you get to lay on the sinners and blasphemers. :begood: Moral superiority is great way to catch a buzz.

Ahh yes, that's right! But that itself comes from inferiority issues. By comparing themselves to others it makes them feel better about themselves, and to tell yourself you're FDA approved beef by the God Council, is a major boost to their poor suffering egos. They preach it loud and clear so they can tell this themselves this over and over. They are good enough because they're better than the sinners now! God says so! In either case, who cares. There are a lot a mentally crippled people in the world and you can't save 'em all.

does these guys have a website? have they made it to the news, and can you give us news articles about them?

They do not have a web site and I am trying to get them to get a blog of some kind and I will link it from my image collection. They are part of some natiional group of street preachers so they have access to legal assistance with freedom of speech issues.

You're probably right for some of them, A-man, but for most of them it's probably just addiction to 'righteousness'.

This one shot impressed me with the 'balls' the preachers have. We are outside of Club Maddona, a strip club in Miami Beach. The people you see have just come out of the club and walked right into the preaching.

52557744.jpg

So how many have gotten a black eye for Jesus?

They couldn't get away with shit like that here. They'd be "martyred" in a couple of hours if they preached outside of a Lane Ave strip club.