Goodbye Jesus

Can Atheists Question 9/11?

Dangerman73

I'm an Atheist but I'm also a 9/11 Truther. I believe the same scientific methods that disproved the God of the bible are also the same methods that disprove the official 9/11 story. I'm just confused. When I heard other Atheists saying that Muslims were responsible for 9/11, it disturbs me, yet when I sided with the 9/11 Truth crowd, I fair that there maybe Christians in the group. I have the right to not believe in a "God" but I don't believe in the government's lies about what was happening during that tragic event. I'm confused and torn apart. Can someone help me on this?

You have the "right" to think anything you want.  If you want to be angry at the US government why not do it for a real reason?  Hate the US government for spying on everybody.  Hate the US government for hypocrisy.  Hate the US government for causing so many wars.

Truthers are a religion.  You can be part of that religion if you like.  But you will pay the same price in respect as any other religious fundamentalist.

I assume you are not interested in why Truthers are wrong.  I will skip that part.

If you want to hate the US government there are plenty of real reasons.  There is no need to invent fake reasons.

• Like 2

I'm an atheist and I don't believe the official conspiracy either.  Welcome to the site!  :)

• Like 1

I really dont see any connection between atheism and 911

If you doubt that Arab elements did 911, join the crowd...most people in the West figured this out awhile ago..

Who cares about the religious beliefs among those who doubt the story that the Ay-Rabs did 911?

If you want to doubt 911 do it... while you can ... you want to say theres no God ...say it...whats the big deal?

I think I know what you're talking about; the digger you deep into those theories, the more rooted in Christianity or some religion they seem to be. To the point that some people believe Bush and some of his fellows helped plan this as a sacrifice to Satan (no, seriously, I've been to those sites). 

But, no, I don't think you have to be religious to believe the government had something to do with 9/11.  (I personally think it was just inaction on their part, lack of preventative measures, and disregard for warnings) A lot of people think the government had something to do with 9/11 no matter what they believe, but the most dedicated people seem to be deep in religion. I don't really think it's any more or less realistic to believe a bunch of really fundamentalist religious people chose to hijack planes and fly into buildings. (I could see some Christians doing that to an abortion clinic that climbed into the sky; why not extreme Muslims guided by bin Laden to make a statement about foreign affairs).

You need a lot of faith in the government to buy into conspiracy nut stuff, I'll say that. Amazing how competent the government suddenly is when it comes to 9/11...

I do have my doubts about all the government of Darth Bush having been clueless about 911 in advance (they sure have enough criminal energy to pull off a LIHOP scenario), but that doesn't mean that they really were involved. Many things are possible but more than unlikely to have been real.

I agree to what has been said above - if you want to hate the US government, do so, but please for a reason based on fact. I'll admit that quite a few things about 911 seem HUH?! at first (fuck, when I saw the first footage of the tower collapse I also thought it looks like controlled demolition - did anyone not think that?!), but upon closer inspection it all becomes very logical and plausible.

Of course that still leaves the option that someone in the Bush gang knew about it and let it happen, and we all know how (whether Arabs or Darth Bush or evil aliens or whoever else did it) Bush used that event to his maximum advantage, just like hitler used the burning of the Reichstag back then in my homeland. If you want to hate them for that, be welcome :fdevil:

• Like 1

There's no atheist pope telling you what you can and can't believe.

I admit that because other people in our culture are so judgmental of atheists and desiring to pigeonhole them all because of the actions or beliefs of a few, I cringe when I hear someone announce that they're an atheist and then follow it up by saying something sexist/racist/stupid. But not believing in god doesn't mean anything else about a person except that they don't believe in god. What I would suggest is being careful to not use atheism as a platform or lead in to talk about things that have nothing to do with atheism, and not to act as if you're a spokesperson for atheists on a non-atheism related subject. And on the flip side, not to throw down special judgment on other atheists for not holding the same opinions as you out of the belief that someone should "know better" because they're an atheist.

Imagines Brick Heck looking down and whispering "atheist pope."

The one thing you got do understand, atheism has no set talking points for issues. The only thing that atheists agree on is the lack of not believing in a God, that is it. How they got to that conclusion can even be different. You are free to think or have whatever views you want.

Challenege the popular mindsets among atheists, challenge the issues, the whole point of why we were are here is because we are free thinkers.

As some have said, there's nobody telling you what to believe or not believe. It does seem more likely for credulous people, like those who fall for Christianity, to be conspiracy theorists, so I would expect that not too many atheists are "9/11 truthers" or "birthers" or whatever. Still, as a free thinker, you reach your own conclusions.

Imagines Brick Heck looking down and whispering "atheist pope."

I love that!