Goodbye Jesus

Demons And Stuff.

scarfwearer

I got out of church upset today.

Basically, the pastor is blaming all of our societal ills, not on TEH GAYZ, not on Roe vs Wade, but on the rise of the teaching of evolution and not creationism. This is naturally Satan's doing.

He went on to say that anything and anyone that opposes christianity is a demonic perversion and how can they live without god and he has said stuff before that anyone with out god is miserable.

I just keep thinking about how Galileo was trashed by the church, and now hardly any one questions that the Earth goes around the Sun.

I know that humanity will look back on this period and laugh and laugh and laugh.

Gratuitous Tyson quote that sums how I feel:

Does it mean, if you don’t understand something, and the community of physicists don’t understand it, that means God did it? Is that how you want to play this game? Because if it is, here’s a list of things in the past that the physicists at the time didn’t understand [and now we do understand] [...]. If that’s how you want to invoke your evidence for God, then God is an ever-receding pocket of scientific ignorance that’s getting smaller and smaller and smaller as time moves on - so just be ready for that to happen, if that’s how you want to come at the problem.

I wish these people would stop going on about spirits and stuff. That is soooo last millennia.

Occam's razor...

Mr. Preacher, has it ever occurred to you, that you might be wrong?

AND ANOTHER THING
There is this obsession with bad things happening. They WANT bad stuff to happen. HORRIBLE stuff. You know why? Cuz it means JESUS is coming back!
  • Like 3

Must be that period in the sermon cycle for that kind of message. Heard the same crap at my wife's church recently.

Basically the pastor was saying that if you weren't a Christian you couldn't really love anyone, couldn't really be married and couldn't be a nice person.

It is simply amazing how people eat that shit up.

All I can say about this part of Christianity is    WendyDoh.gif 

• Like 1

Your paster is a disingenuous little shit.  Engage him to demonstrate his willful ignorance, or ignore him -- your choice.

Gawd I hate those kind of preachers. They would destroy our nation, indeed the world if their ideas were put into effect.   bill

I did call him out once about the whole "god" particle naming thing. He had assumed that people thought it was god or something. I said that it was a made up name that the media uses and every physicist facepalms when they hear it.