Goodbye Jesus

Microchip Wave?

Kris

Hey everyone,

I had been listening in on a Hank Hanegraff (Bible Answer Man) to see what he had to say about a few things, because I like his take on the Mark of the Beast. Even though I believe that the whole thing is bunk, I appreciate that he doesn't feel that any of the modern day credit cards, SSN's, dreaded microchips, etc have anything to do with the MOTB, but that the author John is strictly referring to allegory and scriptural ties in the OT, etc. regarding god being in the minds and hands (thoughts and deeds) of his believers.  This lady came on and asked him about microchipping and stated that she heard the "first wave" of microchipping of people was to take place in March 2013!!  He basically stated "who cares", and went on to say that it had nothing to do with the MOTB.  Anyway, I didn't want to look up anything on the internet regarding microchipping because it is something that tends to get me cranked up anxieity-wise, but has anyone heard about this supposed wave of microchipping?  I mean, it is July 2013, and I have heard absolutely nothing.  I am heavily involved in the implementation of Obamacare where I work, and there is nothing there microchip-wise (even though that is sometime the rumor), but one would think if there was a "wave of microchipping", we would be hearing about it on the news, etc?  Is this yet another endtime rumor, or was this lady just off her rocker?  I have no problem with microchips myself.  I probably wouldn't want one in the right hand or forehead--just to hedge my bets and further discount any possible prophecy ties , but I am cool with a wrist or arm area, even the shoulder or left hand possibly-- no big deal in my book, and might be kind of handy.  Anyone hear anything like this?

Hey everyone,

I had been listening in on a Hank Hanegraff (Bible Answer Man) to see what he had to say about a few things, because I like his take on the Mark of the Beast. Even though I believe that the whole thing is bunk, I appreciate that he doesn't feel that any of the modern day credit cards, SSN's, dreaded microchips, etc have anything to do with the MOTB, but that the author John is strictly referring to allegory and scriptural ties in the OT, etc. regarding god being in the minds and hands (thoughts and deeds) of his believers.  This lady came on and asked him about microchipping and stated that she heard the "first wave" of microchipping of people was to take place in March 2013!!  He basically stated "who cares", and went on to say that it had nothing to do with the MOTB.  Anyway, I didn't want to look up anything on the internet regarding microchipping because it is something that tends to get me cranked up anxieity-wise, but has anyone heard about this supposed wave of microchipping?  I mean, it is July 2013, and I have heard absolutely nothing.  I am heavily involved in the implementation of Obamacare where I work, and there is nothing there microchip-wise (even though that is sometime the rumor), but one would think if there was a "wave of microchipping", we would be hearing about it on the news, etc?  Is this yet another endtime rumor, or was this lady just off her rocker?  I have no problem with microchips myself.  I probably wouldn't want one in the right hand or forehead--just to hedge my bets and further discount any possible prophecy ties , but I am cool with a wrist or arm area, even the shoulder or left hand possibly-- no big deal in my book, and might be kind of handy.  Anyone hear anything like this?

You really believe that the American people would submit to nazi style tagging in their own country? As an American myself I can promise you I would fight violently anyone who attempted this on me my friends or family. I would stop them or they would kill me period. I know of no one I can find who would do differently in my area. I am sure they are here I just have not found someone yet who would rather kill you then let them tag you.

I am not an animal and won't be tagged for study.

I hear and have heard this rumor for a few years. Unless they are doing this at birth the only idiots that will get them will be the religious right so they can track their devil children before they go wrong. Oh and psycho controlling assholes.

All I've heard of is chipping your pets so if they run off and get rid of their collar they're still IDable and you'll get 'em back. But humans?

I asked google about microchipping, and the entire first page of results is about cats and dogs.

Eh, I'd be careful - if you can "sell" the microchipping (or whatever else) the right way people will love it.

Like I posted earlier today, sadly as an accurate description of how the majority of my fellow Germans reacts to things that happen:

"Google streetview takes photos of house fronts - national uproar.

Revelation that at least US and UK secret services take a look at pretty much everything that happens online - 'oh look, a royal baby!' "

(Before someone claims that's my point - of course I don't think that the UK Royal Birth™ is part of any plot to keep the voting cattle under control - but it can easily look like that can't it?)

The rumor about the microchipping had to do with a version of the healthcare bill that didn't pass, and the portion they're afraid of had to do with establishing a national database of implanted devices; not RFID chips, but pacemakers, hip replacements, etc., to make it easier to identify problems and to effect recalls of defective devices.

Whe the healthcare law was being debated, a friend posted a rant on their blog about some section of it. I read the section, and it said exactly the opposite of what was being claimed. Rather than requiring something, it actually prohibited the requiring of it.

Likewise, people reading this section were actively looking for signs of Big Brother, and they thought they found it. If they had been reading it without that motive, they might have understood it easily. It's fairly clear. And it also isn't part of the bill that eventually passed.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/medical/microchip.asp

• Like 1

Anyone who has been around the 'Net since the early days (think Usenet) has long suspected various forms of monitoring were taking place. While the idea of 'chipping people might seem like a stretch, it will happen eventually and no one will effectively oppose it. It is the logical extension of any really comprehensive medical system with an eye towards have complete, "confidential" medical records always on hand. After all, what could be more "private" than having the records available in your own body?

We already have a fairly effective form of it: cellphones.

Just the other day Burnedout posted a story about how the vast majority of cars have had on-board recorders, and it is easy to see how that could be expanded to include all GPS data since so many of them have a service such as On-Star now. Just because you might not subscribe to the service that does not mean that it is not functioning.

Privacy today really doesn't exist as long as we do not (and can not) trust our government.

MisterTwo,

You solved the mystery--scooby doo!!  I should have known that there was some stupid email floating around-- I just wasn't sure where the lady on the call came up with the March 2013 date.  I love Snopes.  

As far as privacy concerns,  I don't really think we have a ton of privacy anyway-- but I do think there are ways to provide ease of lifes activities while utilizing the latest in technology.  I like the ideas of iris scans and finger print scans better than microchipping-- but all of them are feasible to become some sort of technilogical advancement that could make our lives a little easier and have nothing to do with dictatorships or antichrists,etc.  I am a fairly transparent person for the most part--I have nothing to hide.  I pay my taxes, I don't live a life of crime, I really could care less if someone found my life interesting enough to follow, but I doubt they would--so for me, if I got notification of sales, or was greeting in a friendly way by name because my iris was scanned when I walked into a store-- cool!   

... I am a fairly transparent person for the most part--I have nothing to hide.  I pay my taxes, I don't live a life of crime, I really could care less if someone found my life interesting enough to follow, but I doubt they would--so for me, if I got notification of sales, or was greeting in a friendly way by name because my iris was scanned when I walked into a store-- cool!   

I think this is a dangerous attitude to take. Even if a person "has nothing to hide" it is a matter of respect. If our government won't respect us, why should we respect it? (And I personally would be offended at having a total strange address me by anything other than a respectful "sir" because they could scan something and get my name in advance.)

... I am a fairly transparent person for the most part--I have nothing to hide.  I pay my taxes, I don't live a life of crime, I really could care less if someone found my life interesting enough to follow, but I doubt they would--so for me, if I got notification of sales, or was greeting in a friendly way by name because my iris was scanned when I walked into a store-- cool!   

I think this is a dangerous attitude to take. Even if a person "has nothing to hide" it is a matter of respect. If our government won't respect us, why should we respect it? (And I personally would be offended at having a total strange address me by anything other than a respectful "sir" because they could scan something and get my name in advance.)

I'd also like to add that it is very easy to take things out of context. We all have moments in our lives where we do something regrettable, and over time we accumulate more of them. And then there are people who interpret things the wrong way or simply have a problem with the way one lives their life.  

Yes, I have something to hide, my personal life on grounds it is no one's business but my own. That is why it is called a personal life as opposed to a social life.

Microhipping does not necessarily mean implanting a chip. The article 'ID Cards: a Global Perspective', on this page:

http://www.nexusmagazine.com/index.php?option=com_docman&task=cat_view&gid=27&Itemid=71

is very well worth a read.

I am not going to discuss the issue here, BTW -- you can like it or dislike it for all I am concerned.

I dislike!!  Looks like the same old conspiracy crap that I had to deal with the entire time I was a christian.  Ugghh..  

I'd also like to add that it is very easy to take things out of context. We all have moments in our lives where we do something regrettable, and over time we accumulate more of them. And then there are people who interpret things the wrong way or simply have a problem with the way one lives their life.  

Yes, I have something to hide, my personal life on grounds it is no one's business but my own. That is why it is called a personal life as opposed to a social life.

This!

Just to state one example: So you're a youngster and have a wild party life. You do some stupid thing, put a snapshot of it up on facebook. You and your friends laugh. Case closed...or so you think.

Year later, you apply for a job somewhere. The head of HR digs around a bit on the web to know what person you are. She finds that image of you and finds it beyond idiotic. There goes your chance for the job.

See? There are many things that aren't illegal technically and thus jibe with "I have nothing to hide" but can still wreck your life if everyone gets to know them.

And if you say that "well you don't put images of you being stupid on the web"... how about we expand that to stuff like political views? Today you say you think Darth Bush - or Darth Obama - is an idiot; perfectly your right to do so. Years later someone who sees things very differently gets the information from somewhere that you don't agree, and there goes another chance you had in life. The list of horrible options is quite endless.

• Like 1

Anyone who has been around the 'Net since the early days (think Usenet) has long suspected various forms of monitoring were taking place. While the idea of 'chipping people might seem like a stretch, it will happen eventually and no one will effectively oppose it. It is the logical extension of any really comprehensive medical system with an eye towards have complete, "confidential" medical records always on hand. After all, what could be more "private" than having the records available in your own body?

We already have a fairly effective form of it: cellphones.

Just the other day Burnedout posted a story about how the vast majority of cars have had on-board recorders, and it is easy to see how that could be expanded to include all GPS data since so many of them have a service such as On-Star now. Just because you might not subscribe to the service that does not mean that it is not functioning.

Privacy today really doesn't exist as long as we do not (and can not) trust our government.

I hear what you are saying here but an implanted chip that you would have to cut out of your body compared to say throwing your cell phone in a river is not really a comparison in our current age. Maybe 100 years from now no one will care but currently there are millions of people in America with rooms full of guns that will kill anyone that tried this to them. I came from an area that has tons of them in the woods in the high rises and all over.

I say let them try.

The only real privacy you have is in your mind. Keep control over that and you at least can be free on the inside :) lol

I may be in the minority for all I know, but I figure if anyone puts a picture of themselves out on the web, either facebook or any other web site, they are just asking for trouble.  The internet is open public domain.  It is no different than if you post all your personal information and stupidity on a large bill board for people to see.  I have no sympathy for anyone who does that.

True... but then I mentioned that scenario merely as an example that stuff you did can easily be both legal and extremely embarassing and even life/career-destroying. So much for "So what? I got nothing to hide"... yes you do. Everyone does.

BO if you should insist on a... less moronic... example, how about you're cheating your partner and someone spies you out? Cheating is ethically... at least questionable... but it's perfectly legal as far as I know, unless your laws are very different from ours in that regard. But would you be fine with someone digging out evidence for what you did and publishing it, or maybe even worse, trying to blackmail you with that?

Or, even more harmless, how about someone sniffs out what you and your partner like and dislike in bed and makes that public?

Et cetera, et cetera, fnord et cetera, ad nauseam.

I may be in the minority for all I know, but I figure if anyone puts a picture of themselves out on the web, either facebook or any other web site, they are just asking for trouble.  The internet is open public domain.  It is no different than if you post all your personal information and stupidity on a large bill board for people to see.  I have no sympathy for anyone who does that.

True... but then I mentioned that scenario merely as an example that stuff you did can easily be both legal and extremely embarassing and even life/career-destroying. So much for "So what? I got nothing to hide"... yes you do. Everyone does.

BO if you should insist on a... less moronic... example, how about you're cheating your partner and someone spies you out? Cheating is ethically... at least questionable... but it's perfectly legal as far as I know, unless your laws are very different from ours in that regard. But would you be fine with someone digging out evidence for what you did and publishing it, or maybe even worse, trying to blackmail you with that?

Or, even more harmless, how about someone sniffs out what you and your partner like and dislike in bed and makes that public?

Et cetera, et cetera, fnord et cetera, ad nauseam.

Honestly it has nothing to do with nothing to hide and everything to do with personal privacy so that in the long run I am not on camera while I am taking a crap at say work. Or watched while I sleep. I have a right to live as I want and to live in a country that pretends that it is our way while every inch of this government is trying to seize our privacy and rights to make it easier to control the population... well they can just fuck themselves frankly. Of course they will all have true privacy at the top while they watch the rest of us don't forget that.

Microhipping does not necessarily mean implanting a chip. The article 'ID Cards: a Global Perspective', on this page:

http://www.nexusmagazine.com/index.php?option=com_docman&task=cat_view&gid=27&Itemid=71

is very well worth a read.

I am not going to discuss the issue here, BTW -- you can like it or dislike it for all I am concerned.

Yes she is off her-rocker the chippers are just another set of conspiracy theorists like  chem-trails no-moon  landing etc. Just read sci-walkers posts to see what I mean.

Guest Babylonian Dream

Eh, I'd be careful - if you can "sell" the microchipping (or whatever else) the right way people will love it.

Like I posted earlier today, sadly as an accurate description of how the majority of my fellow Germans reacts to things that happen:

"Google streetview takes photos of house fronts - national uproar.

Revelation that at least US and UK secret services take a look at pretty much everything that happens online - 'oh look, a royal baby!' "

(Before someone claims that's my point - of course I don't think that the UK Royal Birth is part of any plot to keep the voting cattle under control - but it can easily look like that can't it?)

It does tend to look that way, then again, you are dealing with royalty, the most narcissistic types of people on the planet.... Of course! They're going to think everyone cares about their wedding and their new baby!

Guest Babylonian Dream

All I've heard of is chipping your pets so if they run off and get rid of their collar they're still IDable and you'll get 'em back. But humans?

I asked google about microchipping, and the entire first page of results is about cats and dogs.

Google "RFID people", loads of results pop up. This turns out to be partly true, they are looking into using this to replace fingerprints for identification purposes. They also have these on the new IDs that allow you to travel to Canada and Mexico without a passport I read somewhere. I'm not sure of the veracity of that part. Though this is real:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/andygreenberg/2012/08/13/want-an-rfid-chip-implanted-into-your-hand-heres-what-the-diy-surgery-looks-like-video/

Want an RFID chip planted into your hand?

The practical appeal of an RFID implant, in theory, is quick authentication that’s faster, cheaper and more reliable than other biometrics like thumbprints or facial scans.

Also:

http://www.extremetech.com/electronics/141277-stop-worrying-and-embrace-rfid

Stop worrying, and embrace RFID

Radio-frequency identification (RFID) is a simple way of using embedded chips as a form of tracking and authentication. It’s now fairly common to have pets implanted with RFID chips so they can be identified even without their collar attached. As RFID use has increased in frequency in the developed world, there has been a non-trivial amount of pushback from luddites  the religious, and privacy advocates. In reality, RFID isn’t that scary, and we should embrace it.

Wired has an article explaining a recent kerfuffle between a student and her high school. Simply put, the school requires students to use RFID-equipped badges so they can track movement on campus for funding and truancy purposes. The student refused to wear the badge on religious and privacy grounds. In response, the school suspended her until she agrees to use the school ID. A legal battle ensued, and a judge temporarily lifted the school suspension until the case can proceed later.

Yeah... they're so right about the only people who are against this idea....

And some kinds, as of last year, were already suspended for not wearing their RFID chipped tracker tags:

Student Suspended for Refusing to Wear a School-Issued RFID Tracker

A Texas high school student is being suspended for refusing to wear a student ID card implanted with a radio-frequency identification chip.

Northside Independent School District in San Antonio began issuing the RFID-chip-laden student-body cards when the semester began in the fall. The ID badge has a bar code associated with a student’s Social Security number, and the RFID chip monitors pupils’ movements on campus, from when they arrive until when they leave. (the wired article quoted above)

I'd also like to note, this is anything but new. I remember this whole "RFID" from a long while back, from when I was in high school or before, when there was a newsstory on this.

About what I was talking about before, here is the article I read about the RFID chip being in some drivers licenses to allow people to travel acrossed the borders into Canada and Mexico:

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=how-rfid-tags-could-be-used

Oh... you're talking about RFID tags in cards as well as implants. I assumed the original post was all about the implants. So far, other than a few hobbiests and one company that's not doing so well, there's not a lot of implanting humans going on. The biggest one I could find was some Mexican government employees needing the implants for access to their building at work, though one article speculated that was more about discouraging kidnappings than about securing the building.

http://www.spychips.com/press-releases/mexican-implant-correction.html

And even as a way to keep medical records on you in case of emergency, they're not terribly useful.

http://rense.com/general69/vfid.htm

As for RFID tags in items, yes, I know, I have at least one. But having a tag in an item that I can walk away from (or even have someone else carry around) is completely different from implanting a tag inside of my body. I have a parking pass for a garage that works that way. I have to take it off my rear view mirror and wave it inches in front of the sensor for it to let me through. There's also the I-Pass and EZ-Pass you can attach to your car for toll roads (don't have one, but have considered it) - you just drive through the special lane and pay online, never have to stop for a tollbooth. My passport is probably old enough not to have one, but when I renew it I'll want to get one of those faraday cage wallets for it so that random strangers can't steal its info just from proximity. If I get credit cards or such with RFID tags in them (I ought to check if any of them have it right now), I'll also want an RFID-blocking wallet for those. Won't stop me from being tracked by my cell phone, though. Honestly, if you're worried about the governement tracking your every move, cell phones are way worse than non-implanted RFID tags (and worse than implanted tags too, if they don't have tons of sensors set up, since you can't read them from very far away). If you're worried about identity theft, then a wallet that blocks RFID is a good idea (as has been proved many times at Defcon).

I am with VacuumFlux.  I am not seeing a lot of people being interested in being microchipped, other than a few techie people who want to try it out at a convention.  I do think that if chipping ever does try to get off the ground, it most likely would need to placed in a non-controversial location--not the hand or forehead.  I think people would freak out at that.  I would see some sort of implantation in an arm or shoulder being a more likely scenario because the promoters of any such technology would not want to be associated with the "Mark of the Beast"--just read the comments on some of the links that Babylonian Dream provided-- yikes!!  One guy on the link that talks about embracing RFID goes on this big long rant about this being the MOTB and then links to some UTI X666 site that he says is the United Nations and that is where the devils number comes in, etc.  I actually clicked on his link and tried to read through the incredibly boring material to see what the hell he was talking about, but I could not find anything that seemed to indicate that the UN was approving microchips and this X666 proclamation was the link to Revelations!!  Someone else, please take a peek and tell me what you think, but I believe this guy may be "cuckoo"!!  Anyway, I always hate seeing all the vitrol of the christians with regard to microchips-- the technology might be creepy a bit just because of the tracking opportunity, but still don't think it is the mark--wherever it is placed.  I also still get confused when people automatically link this chip to the mark because people occasionally put it in their hands-- they also put it in their arms, and other locations.  But, I haven't heard of anyone putting it in their forehead--looks like there would be a pretty big lump!!  I am fine with this technology never taking off-- I hope it doesn't. But if it does, I do see a lot of likelihood that because people are so empassioned, there would have to be assurances that it wouldn't be put in a location that would cause people to fear for their immortal soul and that there was some privacy protocols built in!

I have made a copy of that weirdo's post and was hoping a few of you could digest what he is trying to say with the ITU business  (sorry, I referred to it in my earlier post as UTI--but he isn't talking about a urinary tract infection!!) Anyway, I would just like a little friendly support to verify that there is no validity to anything this fool is saying.  not sure the link will work in my copy--if not, just access the link on Babylonian Dream's post and scroll down the comments about midway.   Anyway here is his post:

There's so much I could post here on the dangers of receiving one of these RFID chips as an implant (medically speaking, they can actually cause a cancerous growth at the site where they are implanted) but I'd like to, as briefly as I can, focus on the aspects which would most concern Christians and which many even nonChristians are already familiar with. Those have to do with the Book of Revelations warning about the "Mark of the Beast" and the number of the beast being associated with the number "666" (Book of Revelation 13:18). There is also the verse Revelation 16:2 that states that those who receive the Mark also break out in a cancerous sores (If you're not Christian, you need not comment on this post because you're not going to make the same connection or have the same concerns that we share). In any case, as I've address the "sores" aspect of the RFID implant, the number relationship comes from the International Telecommunications Union (ITU is affiliated with the United Nations) and the documentation that states these chips are classified under "ITU Series X.666. Information technology - Open Systems Interconnection." "X" being the ancient symbol representing Jesus Christ and "666" obviously being the number associated with the antiChrist. I have included a link to the ITU documentation here http://www.itu.int/rec/T-REC-X.... Information related to biocompatibility as this implant relates to being part of the "Obamacare" National Patient Identification system can be found at this FDA site: http://www.fda.gov/MedicalDevi... but the aspect of cancer at the site of insertion is something that has been discussed more widely among doctors in the general media.
It's also interesting to note that the government is so anxious to get these chips implanted into people that the FDA has exempted this Class II implantable device from what they term "premarket notification." That means that if a manufacturer wants to make these chips, the FDA doesn't even need to know about them first. This is from the FDA link I included above:

"Thus, persons who intend to market a device of this type do not need to submit a premarket notification to FDA and receive agency clearance prior to marketing the device..."
Ultimately, everyone will need to make their own decision about accepting this devices. From a Christian perspective, it would likely be spiritually safer not to receive them but ultimately, as the government will demand people receive the chips, Christian could face more direct persecution for resisting them. Hope this information helps a few of the Christians. God bless.

Ok, so since this has been one of my big fears and I had my hypnosis to try to help me through my scary thoughts, I am trying to remain positive about microchipping-- and again with the hope that it doesn't happen, but if it does, it is not a harbinger of the end of days.  I checked out a bit more regarding Amal Graafstra (I think that is his name), who is the guy who was injecting the chips in people's hands at the conference that Bablyonian Dream cited.   I had seen some stuff on him before and he has had chips in his hands for years.  Interestingly enough he had a chip removed and another reinserted recently-- I liked the fact that the chip was removed fairly simply (seems like you wouldn't be able to do that if it was the nefarious Mark!!) and there did not appear to be any scarring.  It was reassuring for me to see that.  Anyway, I would like to ease my mind about this fool above's ranting as well.  Just because he found a stupid link to something with 666 in it.  Ughgh

LOL, yeah, that guy is nuts. I downloaded the pdf for X.666, which is an actual document. Nowhere in it do "RFID" or "microchip" appear. The summary says

ITU-T Recommendation X.666 | ISO/IEC 9834-7 specifies procedures for Registration Authorities that are responsible for the assignment to international organizations of names that are globally unambiguous in the context of Originator/Recipient addresses, Directory names and the International Object Identifier tree.

You know what that sounds like to me? Internet domain names, like how we not only have .com, .org, and .gov but country TLDs (Top Level Domains) like .uk and .cc. The table of contents discusses data formats for satelites and the internet. It's all about OSI - Open Systems Interconnection. Like, well, the internet and phone numbers. If implanting microchips ever takes off and you're worried about your medical information being accessible if you have an emergency overseas, then the format of the data on your micrcochip would fall under this document. (Note that there is already an issue with pet implated RFID chips not being universally recognised, as in there's 4 competing standards in the USA and the common readers only cover 3 of them, which has led to a shelter euthanizing a chipped cat.) But that document itself is on a completely different topic than microchips.

Other than document 666, there's an entire section X of documents. The category is "Data networks, open system communications and security". Document X.4 is "General structure of signals of International Alphabet No. 5 code for character oriented data transmission over public data networks" - it's all about sharing text internaltionally when we're not all using the same alphabet. A lot of these documents are about "public networks" which is stuff like the internet where all the computers are talking to each other. Microchips don't do that. The document numbering in section X starts with single digits and goes up to X.1581. In the middle we have

X.665 Information technology - Open Systems Interconnection - Procedures for the operation of OSI Registration Authorities: Registration of application processes and application entities  

X.666 Information technology - Open Systems Interconnection - Procedures for the operation of OSI Registration Authorities: Joint ISO and ITU-T registration of international organizations  

X.667 Information technology - Procedures for the operation of Object Identifier Registration Authorities: Generation of Universally Unique identifier (UUIDS) and their use in object identifiers

So document X.666 isn't anything special, it's just one number in a sequence full of documentation so technical that no one's likely to follow up on it and figure out that the guy is misrepresenting his source. I can see it being potentially relevant to some aspects of some microchips maybe, but there's probably other documents that are much more relevant. And about the X thing, they have the entire alphabet there too. I think E should be scarier; it's "Overall network operation, telephone service, service operation and human factors" and therefore is directly about humans! Section J is all about your cable TV. U is telegraph, V is telephone, there is no W, X is "Data networks, open system communications and security", and Y is "Global information infrastructure, Internet protocol aspects and next-generation networks". So no one picked out a document number X.666 on purpose, it just happened to be the next one in the sequence. And it really isn't even about microchips!

http://www.itu.int/rec/T-REC/en

• Like 1

Wow--- thanks for that in-depth overview of this really complicated material! I thought the guy was a looney-toon, and I guess I was right. So, it looks like he just found a document about open computer systems-- and then zoned in on section x-666 because the "x" and the 666 meant something to him. When I tried to read the 666 document, it seemed like it address registrations of agencies who might utilize the open systems but perhaps I was confused. Did you get that?

One more thing Vacuumflux, can you tell me if you specifically meant the document x-666 or the entire document in this quote: If implanting microchips ever takes off and you're worried about your medical information being accessible if you have an emergency overseas, then the format of the data on your micrcochip would fall under this document.

Guest Babylonian Dream

Oh... you're talking about RFID tags in cards as well as implants. I assumed the original post was all about the implants. So far, other than a few hobbiests and one company that's not doing so well, there's not a lot of implanting humans going on. The biggest one I could find was some Mexican government employees needing the implants for access to their building at work, though one article speculated that was more about discouraging kidnappings than about securing the building.

http://www.spychips.com/press-releases/mexican-implant-correction.html

And even as a way to keep medical records on you in case of emergency, they're not terribly useful.

http://rense.com/general69/vfid.htm

As for RFID tags in items, yes, I know, I have at least one. But having a tag in an item that I can walk away from (or even have someone else carry around) is completely different from implanting a tag inside of my body. I have a parking pass for a garage that works that way. I have to take it off my rear view mirror and wave it inches in front of the sensor for it to let me through. There's also the I-Pass and EZ-Pass you can attach to your car for toll roads (don't have one, but have considered it) - you just drive through the special lane and pay online, never have to stop for a tollbooth. My passport is probably old enough not to have one, but when I renew it I'll want to get one of those faraday cage wallets for it so that random strangers can't steal its info just from proximity. If I get credit cards or such with RFID tags in them (I ought to check if any of them have it right now), I'll also want an RFID-blocking wallet for those. Won't stop me from being tracked by my cell phone, though. Honestly, if you're worried about the governement tracking your every move, cell phones are way worse than non-implanted RFID tags (and worse than implanted tags too, if they don't have tons of sensors set up, since you can't read them from very far away). If you're worried about identity theft, then a wallet that blocks RFID is a good idea (as has been proved many times at Defcon).

I didn't mean to come acrossed as saying its all about the implants. It's the same tech and works the same way, except one was an implant. Though its not nearly what its being hammered out by the crazies to be. At least they're not trying to get everyone to implant it yet. Though they are trying to get people to have them on their photo-IDs, but its really no different trackingwise than using a cell phone. Possibly more accurate though.

I don't like it though, just like I don't like to always carry my cell phone on me. I don't like the idea that I'd be so easily tracked. Though at the same time, I realize that every major city has cameras just about everywhere. Bottom line, I doubt they even need to implant people with chips at this point, its not even cost effective compared to their other methods.