Goodbye Jesus

stupid wankers!

Guest Zoe Grace

Guest Zoe Grace

I'm so fucking pissed off right now!

I'm pissed off because I got my license back but I couldn't get my tags renewed cause the stop is still on their computer and it can't be cleared for 24 hours, so I could get pulled over and get a ticket today. But on top of that...the thing that REALLY irritates me is...

I was concerned I might not be able to get my license back today because I can feel my RX changing for my glasses and I had to take a vision test. Luckily I passed it, even though I'm due for an eye exam and an RX change. In the car my grandmother implied that I passed the vision test because she prayed for me.

Completely avoiding the issue of "I don't believe in god." Cause that opens up a whole OTHER can of worms with them... I said:

"God doesn't care if I get my license back or not."

She said: "He most certainly does."

To which I replied. "Then that pisses me off. Because if he's concerned with my stupid license...but is NOT feeding the starving children in ethiopia...I'm mad."

She said: "That's not God's responsibility to feed them, it's their parents." THEIR PARENTS...IN FUCKING ETHIOPIA...WHERE THERE IS NO FOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I swear, I'm so glad I'm not doing Xmas down here with these people! I don't want to hear another fucking word about fucking biblegod! STUPID SUPERSTITIOUS WANKERS.

Keep your goddamn superstitions to yourself!

Sounds like being away from the board has calmed you down Zoe :HaHa:

Nice to see you around, even if it's just for a visit.

Hey Zoe! Good to see you back. It's a pisser to have to endure religionized holidays isn't it? Here's for the secular war against Christmas! (I still prefer saying Merry Christmas to Happy Holidays if I know the person was raised christian, but that's because I'm just an old conservative at heart.)

Good luck with the car, too.

Anger management, yeah! My shrink is trying to get me to do some major anger mismanagement. Too bad we don't live near each other, then you could cheer me on as I practice getting medieval on a piece of garden furniture.

Happy holidays... er, I mean Merry Christmas, or you know what I mean,

hugs Ficino

Sounds like being away from the board has calmed you down Zoe :HaHa:

Nice to see you around, even if it's just for a visit.

lmfao!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lmao:

Yeah I was doing pretty good with the anti-Xtian anger management until this morning. Dealing with the DMV PLUS my fundie grandmother was just too much. Maybe I should try meditation. Or electroshock therapy...whichever.

The DMV is the real hell. They should hand out Valium at the front door.

I'm sure your grandmother was well-meaning, my family is the same way. But I do know how your feel, sometimes I wish they would shut the fuck up about it. In my family, it's like they are talking down to me, like they are saying "poor, ignorant Kevin just hasn't seen the light".

Hey, Zoe. I get annoyed too by family members who insist they are "praying." It's like, they have a bizarre need to advertise this, as if they think I will like them better for it. Or they think everyone else will think they are a better person for praying when they don't really have to and their time would be better spent volunteering for charity. Um, no. I won't think they are better.

I can totally relate to your frustration Zoe Grace! I live it every time I go home to Indiana. I am from the original fundyville! I need the troops to pray(Ha, Ha) for me as I head into the lion's den of fundamentalism this winter holiday/xmas. I am sure I am going to hear about the "war on xmas" and about the god-haters. My family doesn't know about my ex-christian views. I am dying to bring it up to someone, but I don't think it is the appropriate time.

DMV....*sigh* It's just like everything else the lord made....extremely flawed! Sorry, Zoe! You're a better person than I am to have to deal with that AND grandma's, um, rationale. If what she says it's true, then Jehovah really needs to get his priorities straight! Hope everything goes ok....if meditation doesn't work, may I suggest gin? Good luck!

Hi ficino....I'm a Merry Christmasser! To hell with it!

Good to see you back, Zoe. As for the electroshock therapy, you should make sure that appropriate individuals are targeted (e.g. the designers of the DMV)...

Zoe! :yellow:

To somewhat ease your pain caused by the christMESS madness, let me invite you to an alternate ceremony... *shoves over a horn of mead* :wicked:

Hey, Zoe. I get annoyed too by family members who insist they are "praying." It's like, they have a bizarre need to advertise this, as if they think I will like them better for it. Or they think everyone else will think they are a better person for praying when they don't really have to and their time would be better spent volunteering for charity. Um, no. I won't think they are better.

Those people need to reread their bibles anyway. It says to pray in your closet and goes off on zealots who pray for people to hear.

That's what annoys me the most about Christians. They don't really seem to understand or follow their own religion. Then they tell us we're going to hell.

:shrug:

_/\_

LMAO @ your sig line

Kudos should go to a certain board member here who pointed me to a website where you can buy t-shirts with that slogan... :)

I see you all cowering in fear before the vengeful god "DMV" and rejoice that I live in the UK where he is not worshipped.

On the Christmas thing, I've just started wishing people a Merry Mithrasmas, because they don't usually know what the hell I'm on about. "Y'know...Mithras! The dude born on 25th December of a virgin mother, who came out of the tomb resurrected." Most Christians are extremely alarmed to learn that their god didn't think of it first...

:blink:

(I still prefer saying Merry Christmas to Happy Holidays if I know the person was raised christian, but that's because I'm just an old conservative at heart.)

That has nothing to do with being conservative. The only objection people have to saying "Merry Christmas" is when you don't know the person was raised Christian.

I see you all cowering in fear before the vengeful god "DMV" and rejoice that I live in the UK where he is not worshipped.

No... we cower in fear of the vengeful god "DWP" instead...

Typical American-centric christianity, that believes in a God that is deeply concerned with the next mega-church rustling up 30 million to put in a stadium sized sanctuary with luxury seating and a badass audio & sound system. But those people in those other countries are all starving because they are evil heathens who do not acknowledge bible-god in their hearts. :Hmm:

QFT