Goodbye Jesus

My Fundie Sister

RaLeah

How much do you press the point to stay in close touch with those family members who'd probably prefer to disown you?

I've found that you can't control how others feel about anything, especially irrational topics like religion. If there is someone who needs to be protected, do all you can. If someone wants to shun you, there is nothing you can do to change that other than become whom they want you to be.

Again, good luck.

Changing for them is just like getting cheated on. You can never trust that person again no matter how hard you try. You can say all day you trust them and I will call you out all day (not you personally this is a generic statement).

We choose how we feel good or bad. I try to teach people they have more power over their emotion than they know, most don't listen. The ones that do and try harder to learn to be the controlling factor in their own feelings generally like themselves better and those around them in the end.

Be your own rock and you will always have a safe place to stand. Trust yourself even if you doubt. In the end there is only you up in that head.