Goodbye Jesus

Protein From Early Earth Recreated

stryper

And evolution is shown to have taken another step.

Long, looooong ago, but a step none the less.

And we truly may have come from another planet. 

I still put my money on Abiogenesis. 

The last few paragraphs in the article smack of Panspermia.

Uh Oh! Run Stryper! Here comes the Infinite Regression crowd!

You rang? 

This and related research seems to point more and more to oceanic thermal vents as the local for the first self replicating molecules capable of mutation and subject to natural selection.

This and related research seems to point more and more to oceanic thermal vents as the local for the first self replicating molecules capable of mutation and subject to natural selection.

Ditto. This is why finding another water-based planet in the "sweet spot" would be so monumental.

With the elemental table now complete, there's no reason to believe that any or all of them (elements) wouldn't be found everywhere else. And we haven't seen anything anywhere else in the universe profoundly different from what we have here.

Simply put, everything in the universe that isn't a star, is nothing more than star refuse. Our own Sun is a second (or very probably third) generation star. Fairly young at that.

I see no reason why another water-baset planet (in the right zone) WOUDLN'T develop life. Granted, it would probably be very different from what we're used to here, but still easily recognizable as life.

With everything needed all over the universe, it's pretty small-minded to think we're the only beings who've developed rational thought.

/Well... some of us anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

In related news Atkins announces the Hadean protein diet.

mwc