Goodbye Jesus

Been a bad holiday season for daFatman

nivek

Gordon C., friend, fellow gun buff and teen boy owner, husband to my banker lady, and overall good friend died from injuries sustained at his job.

Fifty-frackin'-two...

Worked chipping logs into the zillions of chips that get sent overseas to be made into the various forms of wood furniture and stuff we buy here in America..

Somehow a big frackin' chip got loose from safety cage during operations, caught him right in chest.

EMS said there was nothing to *do* at site, he went quickly.

At his memorial service today the religious crap was minimal, a recanting of a Good man's life was said, several folks gave their words of cofort, and quite a few of we had a decent time telling the positive tales of Gordon.

For a such an event, the tragedy and shit that happened, the mood was upbeat, and his wife, jennifer actually had a smile most of the time people talked about their positive rememberances.

What nailed my fatass in all of this was the song below used as the recessional, as folks got up to leave..

Was in his last written requests..

Went out in style.

No I'm no angel

No I'm no stranger to the street

I've got my label

So I won't crumble at your feet

And I know baby

So I've got scars upon my cheek

And I'm half crazy

Come on and love me baby

So you find me hard to handle

Well, I'm easier to hold

So you like my spurs that jingle

And I never leave you cold

So I might steal your diamonds

I'll bring you back some gold

I'm no angel.

No I'm no angel

No I'm no stranger to the dark

Let me rock your cradle

Let me start a fire with your spark

Oh come on baby

Come and let me show you my tattoo

Let me drive you crazy

Come on and love me baby

So you don't give a darn about me

I never treat you bad

I won't ever lift a hand to hurt you

and I'll always leave you glad

So I might steal your diamonds

I'll bring you back some gold

I'm no angel.

No I'm no angel

No I'm no stranger to the dark

Let me rock your cradle

Let me start a fire in your heart

Oh come on baby

Come and let me show you my tattoo

Let me drive you crazy

Come on and love me baby

Well come on baby.

Drive me crazy.

Drive me crazy.

Come on baby.

Come on baby.

Oh come on baby.

Allman Brothers Band

kL

My condolences, Kevin. He went out with a great song.

Dang, nivek. I'm sorry. :( I'm glad his memorial had some happiness in it, but losses are still hard.

Condolences to you, and to his family.

*Sends hugs*

I am so sorry to hear that.

So sorry for your loss Nivek. Sounds like a good man, and it was a good song.

:: hugs :::

I'm terribly sorry to hear of your loss, Nivek.

Best wishes to you and to his family.

Thanks folks..

Just tough for me, wondering why the gang-banging chemically dependent fool that races up and down my street didn't catch a light pole instead of Gordon and that one in a zillion chip.

Seems the investegation shows that there was a fucking railroad spike in that tree section. As in *spiked* by some whacko with an agenda..

No telling who/when/why, but a long forgotton and grown over pound of metal jammed into the trunk of a tree grown up to be chipped took my friend out.

Hope the little *enviromental activist* is happy..

None of we are at moment.

kl

Seems the investegation shows that there was a fucking railroad spike in that tree section. As in *spiked* by some whacko with an agenda..

Murdered by left-wing terrorist, how terrible! I imagine there is no way to find the perp, and therefore no way to bring just closure. I'm so very sorry for you and your friend's family nivek.

Sorry Nivek,

I'm new here, and still in the process of meeting everybody... but I definately feel your pain brother. Losing a good friend never gets any easier.

No telling who/when/why, but a long forgotton and grown over pound of metal jammed into the trunk of a tree grown up to be chipped took my friend out.

:ugh:

People like that just do not think about what their actions could do long- term. All they seem to think about is short-term (i.e. the tree's going to get cut down). Well, that's life. Trees get cut down. They are not more important than the life of a human being. Talk about misguided priorities...ugh. Just go and plant one someplace else.

I hope they can find out who planted the damn spike and get some justice for your friend.

Sorry about your loss Nivek. But seeing as the spike was in the tree a long enough time that it wasn't noticed. its not sure who nailed it into the tree. Maybe leftwing environmentalists, maybe someone without an agenda at all. :shrug:

Lana,

Few folks with a lick of common sense pound a railroad track spike into a tree trunk, on purpose or accident.

This one had been in for years. The envirowhacks have moved to using plastic or other non x-rayable materials for their ongoing spikes.

This log came out of some private forest best the load can be back tracked. Seems the tree was stumped, cut, high due to its spot on a illside. Sawyer missed it because he had to set higher up than usual.

Remains of the metal have been ID'd as a railroad spike, commonly used back in late 70's and early 80's when this part of Blue Mountians was being protested.

Whoever did this initially has probably forgotten what trees and even why.

That the metal caused that bigger chunk of wood to part from log body and bust out of a cage designed not to allow such, the chain of events leading to Gordon's passing boggle my wee widdle mind.

Not too many enviros I have any respect for, and now after Gordon I'm more pissed..

kL

Guest Challenger

Hey Bubba,

We already talked about this, but, again, you and the family have my condolensces.

It's comforting for them to know you'll be there for them.

Randy

If I could take away that hurt, I would do it Nivek

but it hurts like a spike every time,

If you were not hurting,

you would be one of those christian types,

that have no concern for anything but their own fat arses.

You are good man Nivek

try to keep your eyes open for something that will give you joy

precious little of that around, so you might have to come up with something on your own

If I could sing you a stupid song, like "smelly cat" or something

and make you laugh,

I would do it

Beverly

Nivvy, I'm really sorry.

I guess, your friend was a great man, he didn't deserve that. He should have lived long. He should be with you, having fun and working.

I hope everything pans out for ya!

I'm very sorry for the loss of your friend, Kevin. That's hard to lose someone like that so young and who was such a worthwhile man.

Hi Kev.

Just wanted to add my sadness for you, along with the rest of us here. Our thoughts are with you.

Kevin: