Goodbye Jesus

The Second Fall Of Troy

Ro-bear

When you have smart teenaged offspring, the dinner conversations are interesting.

I was grilling chicken when my niece dropped by, so we asked her to dine with us.  She answered the phone when it rang, listened for a moment, and handed the phone to my wife.  It was apparently a sales call.  The caller identified himself as "Troy" and started asking a lot of questions, like did she own her car, etc.  She wanted to know who he was, whom he worked for, etc.  She is not pleasant when she is disturbed at dinner with a sales call.

When the guy hangs up on her she leaves the table with the obvious intention of finding a way to make this young man's life difficult.  My niece, Mary Faith, and my daughters Kaelie and Erin took it from there:

Kaelie: "Wouldn't want to be that guy."

Mary Faith: "He's so screwed.  Your mother is formidable."

Erin: "It will be like the second fall of Troy"  [laughter]

Kaelie: "Yeah, 'cause Mom is like...Agamem-Mom."  [much laughter]

Eating at the dining room table totally blows away eating in front of the TV. GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

• Like 5

Keeping this site online isn't free, so we need your support! Make a one-time donation or choose one of the recurrent patron options by clicking here.

Funny!  I love spending time with my kids (now 23 and 19) and their friends.  They are so clever and witty, so much fun and full of life.  "Agamem-Mom" is excellent!

When you have smart teenaged offspring, the dinner conversations are interesting.

I was grilling chicken when my niece dropped by, so we asked her to dine with us.  She answered the phone when it rang, listened for a moment, and handed the phone to my wife.  It was apparently a sales call.  The caller identified himself as "Troy" and started asking a lot of questions, like did she own her car, etc.  She wanted to know who he was, whom he worked for, etc.  She is not pleasant when she is disturbed at dinner with a sales call.

When the guy hangs up on her she leaves the table with the obvious intention of finding a way to make this young man's life difficult.  My niece, Mary Faith, and my daughters Kaelie and Erin took it from there:

Kaelie: "Wouldn't want to be that guy."

Mary Faith: "He's so screwed.  Your mother is formidable."

Erin: "It will be like the second fall of Troy"  [laughter]

Kaelie: "Yeah, 'cause Mom is like...Agamem-Mom."  [much laughter]

Eating at the dining room table totally blows away eating in front of the TV. GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

You do know that Agamemnon the figure kaelie is comparing her with was murdered on his return to troy right? Formidable yes but fallible like the rest of us bags of water.

sorry I couldn't resist

Simple way to deal with this....put your number on the official DO NOT CALL registry.  

Doesn't always work, unfortunately

Simple way to deal with this....put your number on the official DO NOT CALL registry.  

Doesn't always work, unfortunately

They actually get sold... I know it seems like a crazy theory but every person I know that did this gets 50%-150% more calls from people that just ignore the registry not the legit businesses that bought into the nonsense. I only know one person that seems to believe that it worked for them.

I would stay away from doing anymore reporting yourself to "lists" than you need to. It is obviously your number but sticking it in a handy and easy to find spot just does their work for them.

When my boys were younger (like 12 or under) we drove by either a Chinese or Japanese (don't remember) restaurant that, from our point of view from the road didn't appear to have any windows or doors.

I said to them, "Huh! Take a look at that place. I wonder how you're supposed to get in there?"

To which one of my son's replied, "You have to have a CHI to get in."

We all started laughing so hard, I could barely drive.

SEE LINK FOR EXPLANATION OF CHI

http://fengshui.about.com/od/glossaryofterms/g/chi.htm

Fweethawt:  Funny!