Goodbye Jesus

God Answered Tebow

mymistake

God said "no".

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1745264-scouts-honor-patriots-tim-tebow-not-fit-for-nflor-cflor-arena-league?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial&hpt=hp_t2

Tebow's skills have eroded so quickly, so shockingly fast—think heavy boulder dropped from low orbit—that it has actually stunned several scouts who have watched him closely for years.

Sometimes God answered prayer with "yes".  Sometimes God says "wait".  And sometimes God says "nope".  What a wonderful testimony to the power of prayer!  

• Like 3

God said "no".

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1745264-scouts-honor-patriots-tim-tebow-not-fit-for-nflor-cflor-arena-league?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial&hpt=hp_t2

Tebow's skills have eroded so quickly, so shockingly fast—think heavy boulder dropped from low orbit—that it has actually stunned several scouts who have watched him closely for years.

Sometimes God answered prayer with "yes".  Sometimes God says "wait".  And sometimes God says "nope".  What a wonderful testimony to the power of prayer!  

God is good!

Well, if God sometimes answers "no", then what's the issue?  Prayer answered. What's your point?

Did Tebow pray for a long NFL career, or did he kneel at the end of a play only to thank God?

I don't follow the NFL that much, except for the Detroit Lions, which we all know that God hates outright, so I don't know.

Maybe Tebow prayed that he wanted to serve the Lord Jesus in whatever capacity that God deemed best, and the NFL or even football just wasn't it?

Did Tebow pray for a long NFL career, or did he kneel at the end of a play only to thank God?

I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume that as some point Tebow probably asked God for success in the game he was playing at the time.  It's the kind of thing I would do as a Christian.

Well, at least he can say he played in the NFL, but it is probably time to consider a different path

God might be upset that someone who claims he worships God is violating the sabbath by working on it.

Tebow is a professional player and gets paid for his work.

Christians prefer Sunday to be the sabbath and are therefore bound to its regulations, that is if they really believe the Bible.

NFL football is played on Sundays.

Working on the sabbath is a death penalty offense, but those rules get ignored as expediency dictates.

• Like 1

God might be upset that someone who claims he worships God is violating the sabbath by working on it.

Christians prefer Sunday to be the sabbath and are therefore bound to its regulations, that is if they really believe the Bible.

NFL footbal is played on Sundays.

Working on the sabbath is a death penalty offense, but those rules get ignored as expediency dictates.

Yet another example where the Old Testament calls for Christians to be executed.  The SDA type denominations are an exception but most Christians do not remember or honor the actual sabbath.  They certainly don't make Friday from sundown till Saturday on sundown "holy".  

Yet another example where the Old Testament calls for Christians to be executed.  The SDA type denominations are an exception but most Christians do not remember or honor the actual sabbath.  They certainly don't make Friday from sundown till Saturday on sundown "holy".  

Yep, sin on Saturday and repent on Sunday

I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume that as some point Tebow probably asked God for success in the game he was playing at the time.  It's the kind of thing I would do as a Christian.

Tebow kneels on the field and prays, "Lord Jesus, I really just want to be an auto mechanic, not a high profile, ridiculously high paid professional football player..."

• Like 3

Hey not too hard on Timmy! I've always said: "with the right coaching and development, he'll make and amazing quarterback....in Canadian football."

He'll always have a career in ministry -talent is more or less irrelevant in that field, I know cause I been there

he would make more money if he started a church in florida than in the NFL  doG is saying its time

Tebow kneels on the field and prays, "Lord Jesus, I really just want to be an auto mechanic, not a high profile, ridiculously high paid professional football player..."

I think you missed my point, but still, LOL!

On the other hand, what my mechanic has made just off my Dodge, and without getting run over by a three hundred pound monster every Sunday...

wait for it....I.....feel....God.....telling me.......that tebow will be sacked and christians will claim it's because the NFL is run by atheists. 

Hey not too hard on Timmy! I've always said: "with the right coaching and development, he'll make and amazing quarterback....in Canadian football."

He'll always have a career in ministry -talent is more or less irrelevant in that field, I know cause I been there

isn't preachin all about the bling  and dollar bills?

Watching Tebow throw a football is painful. In a recent preseason appearance he went 1-7 negative -1 yard and an interception. Time to get behind the pulpit, Tim

• Like 2

Oh it looks like God is sending out that call to ministry:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--tim-tebow-cut-by-patriots-as-qb-failed-to-take-advantage-of-great-opportunity--145708777.html

I'm thinking God wants Tebow to be a wandering evangelist.  That way he can simply memorize three or four sermons and never have to repeat himself to the same flock.

I wish I could see some video of Belichick and Tebow one on one. I have a feeling Palpatine wasn't impressed with Tebow.

God said "no".

But he's so quiet when you pray to him that you need to guess which one he said. If he would turn on his Prayer Answering Machine, at least then people would have a good reason to think he's listening, even if he is just screening everyone's prayers and ignoring them.

"Hello, you have reached God. If this prayer is important, I'll get back to you, but if it's not important enough for me to take time out of my busy schedule to help you with it, then fuck you." *BEEP*

• Super Moderator

From philly.com:

tebow-god-600.jpg

(click to enlarge)

Thought the popcorn was a nice touch.    GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

There's another good one here:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jpmoore/the-best-tim-tebow-comic-strip-youll-read

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

LOL @ 

Yo, the Sabbath is on Saturday, buddy.

LOL @ 

Yo, the Sabbath is on Saturday, buddy.

Mainstream Christianity prefers Sunday to be the Lord's day.

Both Saturday and Sunday are used by the NFL, Saturdays being for some playoff games.

Mainstream Christianity prefers Sunday to be the Lord's day.

And the infallible Word of God demands that they be executed for it.  What a barbaric book!