Goodbye Jesus

Not This Again! - Blasphemy Of The Holy Spirit

themonkeyman

Hey Folks,

I started my de-conversion about 2 months ago and its been going well for the most part.  However just recently when I was driving home from work I thought to myself - You can dis-believe in God all you want it still wont stop you from Going to hell.  This has put me back into OCD about the Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.

I like to call it 'The sin that cannot be answered' as there is literally no interpretation that adds up properly.  I am almost concluding that Jesus said it in the heat of the moment as opposed to actual meaning.

I am well stable that the bible is mostly a lie but I need encouragement again!  Did any of you experience this?

Just hang in there, monkeyman. This takes a lot longer than two months. Just hold onto what you know to be fact, let your emotions say what they will, because they will say a lot. That's how religion is designed--to make the emotions do the talking. A whole person needs for the emotions and the intellect to work in tandem. But of course the old man (habitual emotions) will hang around for a long time. It's the way we evolved.

That's the way I understand it. Maybe someone else can explain it better. I do remember the feeling of being about to drown for the first five or six months. Some traces of doubt hung around for many years but it does get better after a while. All I'm saying is this is normal so hang in there and don't condemn yourself for old habits.

• Like 2

That verse used to seriously scare me.  I would sit and ponder on what it actually meant.  I would wonder if unbelief or doubt was blasphemy but then I heard someone say, "If it's so important for us to believe in God then why isn't He doing more about it?"  The belief in God being "out there somewhere" mad that nobody is believing in Him and getting ready to send His own creation to hell for being confused by using the brains He would have given us - all the while we plead for encounters with Him and get nothing.  The whole thing just got really fishy.. There's a reason none of it makes sense.  I wish you well on your journey.  The best advice I've gotten is simply to be as completely honest with yourself as you can.  Research, read and study all different views and don't worry about having to label yourself or fit in with a certain group.