Goodbye Jesus

I Shared My Atheism Today

Lerk

Thank you so much for going to the trouble to find this woman! What a good guy! She now knows that she is not alone, and I'm sure you mentioned that there are plenty of others (like us here) who have left religion and faced many struggles. That was probably a huge boost and comfort for her. You "came out" yourself to a sympathetic ear, so I'm sure that was also a big relief for you.

Thank you for having the compassion to reach out to her. She may not have her family at the moment, but at least she has you... and that is something. (I would rather have you, too!) Your story made me smile.

Cool!  For both MT's and TO's friends.

Good job man. Glad you were there for her

• Super Moderator

Excellent.

Hi MisterTwo, It is so good that you did that. For your friend and for yourself. Very cool. :)

I would high five you if I could.

It's good your friend is doing well.

I don't get how a parent can cut contact with their child over religious belief. It's so harsh and extreme.

"I don't get how a parent can cut contact with their child over religious belief. It's so harsh and extreme."

This one of the ways in which Xtianity causes its believers to do evil rather than good. It also an

incredibly selfish thing for a parent to do. That's one of the lines I'm proud to say my Xtian wife would

never do. bill

Selfish as this may sound, it's consolation for me to know there's others on here familiar with that verse in Cor. on shunning. Mister Two, you were so kind to her. Thank you.

I'm not sure why I'm saying that except I feel almost like you did me a personal favour by being a friend to a person who was treated like this.

Well, I wasn't looking for kudos, but thanks, all.

Really, she seems to have it all together. I think the conversation helped me more than it did her.