Goodbye Jesus

Ex-Moon And Deprogramming

SciWalker

Since the subject of deprogramming is very germane to the themes of ex-Christian.net, here is the Wikipedia entry on 'exit councillor', Steve Hassan (founder of Ex-Moon):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Hassan .
Because it has such a negative spin on the very concept of 'deprogramming' (for example, with the quotes "A deprogramming triggers the deepest fears of cult members. They have been taken against their will" and "What these deprogrammers did was attempt to change my mind through INFORMATION CONTROL — just like the cult did") it makes me wonder whether the prominent use of this term on ex-Christian.net to describe the motivations of this site, is really very advisable.

BTW Note that on another recent thread (in Rants and Replies) I've been saying how the Moonies appear to be behind, or very strongly influential in, Wikipedia.

• Super Moderator

The Moonies, the Scientologists, Wikipedia, and the very stars themselves may be out to get you, but the bigger and more immediate threats are Christianity and Islam.

The Moonies, the Scientologists, Wikipedia, and the very stars themselves may be out to get you, but the bigger and more immediate threats are Christianity and Islam.

In the renditions they are often given in the modern world, which are not to be confused with their more unassuming faces, they are all different arms of the same greedy, aggressive, co-ordinated being.

• Super Moderator
...they are all different arms of the same greedy, aggressive, co-ordinated being.

Is there any evidence for that conclusion?

...they are all different arms of the same greedy, aggressive, co-ordinated being.

Is there any evidence for that conclusion?

The reply-bots are veritably buzzing, today. How much evidence do you need that power 

a. generally involves religion

b. is appetitically corrupt and

c. is pyramidal in structure?

Will your bot self be similarly activated if I start a thread about the Syria crisis, complete with my speculations as to the motivations behind Obama's aspect on it?

• Super Moderator
The reply-bots are veritably buzzing, today.

Reducing legitimate questions and criticisms to "reply-bots" doesn't help sell your paranoia to others. 

Do you have evidence of a conspiracy or not?

The reply-bots are veritably buzzing, today.

Reducing legitimate questions and criticisms to "reply-bots" doesn't help sell your paranoia to others. 

Do you have evidence of a conspiracy or not?

No, Flordah. I don't have any evidence of a conspiracy. And I suggest - if the word suggestion be an assimilable input - to your meta-algorithm that if your algorithm is conditioned to reply in any computable way to this post, then the active response thereby produced by your system will generate an operation consistent with a operative mode that is counterproductive to sceptical-bot pseudo-aims.

Wow! Dressing up your usual insults with fancier words isn't gonna help you out at all, bub.

• Super Moderator
No, Flordah. I don't have any evidence of a conspiracy. And I suggest - if the word suggestion be an assimilable input - to your meta-algorithm that if your algorithm is conditioned to reply in any computable way to this post, then the active response thereby produced by your system will generate an operation consistent with a operative mode that is counterproductive to sceptical-bot pseudo-aims.

Thank you. That's what I thought, you're just babbling.

Wow, this is one weird thread. Don't really have anything to say but that. 

Wow, this is one weird thread. Don't really have anything to say but that.

A little bit of history background would probably help. Thing is, most people here aren't even aware of what/who a/the Mooney/Moon is/are.

Last I heard, it was a super/ultra mega-cult that really believes their leader is Jesus incarnate and that its required that everyone in this cult has a picture of this guy in every room of their house or some crazy shit like that.