Goodbye Jesus

The Tired Old "hitler Was An Atheist!" Thing... Something Just Occured To Me

Thurisaz

Now, the veterans among you know my position on the tired old question whether hitler was an atheist or christian or whatever else. Somewhere a team of scientists is still trying to calculate just how little of a flying fuck I care about that - the vast majority of those who willingly followed the bastard's inhuman orders self-identified as christian, after all.

But something occured to me yesterday, out of the blue...

...why did the fuckface marry its dear Eva just hours before their suicide?

Really, if (as the morontheists babble time and again) it was an atheist, why did it care at all? Whether you enter nothingness after this life as a married or unmarried asshole is so irrelevant that we really have to invent a new word for it. And as it was convinced that not only Germany as a whole was dead without fuckface's sick hateful ideology, but that the entire fucking planet was doomed without the aryan master race™ fighting the evil evil jew™, no one else would have cared either, right?

If, on the other hand, it was religious... :scratch:

Of course "religious" doesn't automatically mean "christian", but I'd say the very act of marriage before cowardly suicide is strong evidence that fuckface did believe in something. Whatever it was or wasn't, one thing it wasn't at all - an atheist.

Unless of course it was insane (insanity is such a wonderful copout for anything and everything isn't it?), but in that case all further discussion about possible thoughts and motives of a brainfucked asshole is irrelevant anyway.

Thoughts anyone?

Probably he did it because he sort of threw it to Eva like you would throw a dog a bone. Perhaps at the end he gave her something she wanted?

I only compare Eva to a dog because that was probably how she was treated.  I don't really think religion had much to do with this decision.

I base this upon many books I read on Hitler and the Third Reich a long time ago.

Heh yes I admit it's not exactly irrefutable evidence, but it is an aspect I haven't seen mentioned anywhere so far, so I thought I'd post :)

For me it doesn't matter if he was an atheist or not. Religion was the driving force for those that actually carried out the attacks. The most destructive force on this planet is not a gun or a bomb or weapon of any kind its religion

• Like 2

The most destructive force on the planet. is people. Religion is but one of the tools humans use to justify what we know is not right. Granted it is a powerful tool ,but like a gun without a human to use it, it is nothing,  It is way past time to put the blame squarely where it belongs. With the one who did it..

The most destructive force on the planet. is people. Religion is but one of the tools humans use to justify what we know is not right. Granted it is a powerful tool ,but like a gun without a human to use it, it is nothing,  It is way past time to put the blame squarely where it belongs. With the one who did it..

with respect I was referring to tools humans use on each other a single virus can be far more destructive than we could dream to be. black holes are supremely destructive . Religion secular or spiritual makes it easier to manipulate those around you. It operates on group behaviors and when you have an adversary you can create an other this allows us to dehumanize them. Nationalism  does the same thing but to a lesser extent. With regards to evolution this was necessary to small tribes fighting for scarce resources. Believe it or not the psychological damage killing a member of your own species is really tough as evident by the high rate of PTSD among soldiers. The ability to dehumanize your opponents protects your psyche in war, religion was an integral part of our evolution.

I would also like to add as a side note similar reasons Sociopathy. They may seem harmful now but we are an ever evolving species morality consciousness etc. are merely traits that are effected by this process, it will always be subject to change in response to environmental stimuli

• Like 1

Most atheist sources make it a point to advertise the fact that Hitler was a Roman Catholic and his antisemitism sprang from a foundation of the general antisemitism found in Roman Catholicism during the time. Besides, if we chart political and theistic extremes it turns out as seen below: 

(left wing) anti-theism--atheism--pantheism--<*>--panentheism--polytheisms--monotheisms (right wing)

(left wing) Communism-------------Democrats--------<*>--------Republicans--------------fascism (right wing)

This is to get a basic sense of how the left and right political parties generally correspond to the left and right of religious belief or anti-belief.

The communists, atheist. Actually against religion. Extreme, yes, but on the opposite extreme side of the scale from the Nazi's.

All of the available evidence points to Hitler as a rather zealous Roman Catholic finding himself far to the right into extremities that brought on a religious based antisemitism and political outlook, not an atheistic (left) based one. 

I've always heard/read/thought that Hitler was a Catholic. He might have also been insane though.

We have a lot of those types in the U.S. Congress, so we know it can happen.