Goodbye Jesus

Religious Holiday Cards

Amethyst

Arrrgh! I am so tired of all my relatives/parents' family friends sending religious holiday cards.

Every single fricking card except for one has some religious Bible verse on it.

Okay, I know this is a religious holiday, but there comes a point when it is overdone. Especially when you know darn well that some of them are sending the religious cards out to ram their religion down everybody's throats, because they are under the assumption that we all need to be "saved."

I really don't mind people wishing me Merry Christmas, but when everyone I have ever known decides to assume that we all want to celebrate the religious aspects of the holiday just like they do and preach with their holiday cards, it's extremely annoying.

And I know darn well it's probably not going to stop because I cannot tell some of these people I have deconverted because they are older folks, and I will likely have to keep seeing them from time to time because they are relatives or friends of my parents. I can't burn my bridges with them. I wish they would all wake up sane and endowed with the ability to think logically, but that's never going to happen.

I just had to vent.

:vent:

Create your own card by placing the picture of a penis on the front of the card and write this as the inside message:

"This is what you are if you sent a religion-themed card. Otherwise, Happy Holidays!"

Or something to that effect :)

Arrrgh! I am so tired of all my relatives/parents' family friends sending religious holiday cards.

..... Especially when you know darn well that some of them are sending the religious cards out to ram their religion down everybody's throats, because they are under the assumption that we all need to be "saved."

I just had to vent.

Totally. My family's cards have sometimes presented the plan of salvation in such a non-subtle manner it's just laughable. Even some of the Thanksgiving cards from them have been "The Four Spiritual Laws" in Hallmark form. <_<

At least they know where I stand, since they probably reserve the "already saved" cards for the christians they know.

I have purposely sought out cards that have no religious themes for years.

I personally like Santa Claus cards that wish "Happy Holidays".

I have purposely sought out cards that have no religious themes for years.

Even when I was Christian, I did that, because not all of my friends were religious and I respected them enough not to try and preach to them.

Most of the people who sent me cards are old. They don't use e-mail. But that is pretty funny...

This may be somewhat unrelated but, after the holiday I take all my cards and creatively cut them up, cutting out the pics on the front, some cards have good pics on the back too, put them in a box and use the the next year for gift tags. It can be really therapeutic though when you get cards whose words are annoying or offensive to cut them up, AND you're recycling. :dumbo:

For some reason, despite all the fundies and evangelicals we know that send us cards, very few of them are outight religious. Some of them may have a Psalm quoted or have angels, ... but there are only one or two that we have gotten that have been outright evangelical. We get a lot more "Holiday" and Season's Greetings and Happy New Year" card, snowmen and winter scenes cards, and Santa cards than Christmas cards.

..... Especially when you know darn well that some of them are sending the religious cards out to ram their religion down everybody's throats, because they are under the assumption that we all need to be "saved."

I just had to vent.

Even some of the Thanksgiving cards from them have been "The Four Spiritual Laws" in Hallmark form. <_<

I have got to see this card. ;) But seriously, did you keep it or do you remember what it said? My husband and I were in Campus Crusade for Christ.

I forgot to mention that my husband and I were looking for Festivus cards, but we could only find them online and we couldn't get the cards in time to send out. Instead, we got kitten cards with a tiny kitten sticking its little pink tongue out in the snow. It merely says, "Season's Greetings and Happy Mew Year!"