Goodbye Jesus

my testi-moaning

Guest pagmatic

Guest pagmatic

Hi I'm Mike. I've been baptized as a baby, a teenager, and twice as an adult--guess that means I've done alot of church shopping; but I forgot to get any receipts!

Looking back on my life, I've seen myself as an Atheist. As a kid it didn't matter that I had to ditch Sunday Morning Cartoons to listen to boring babble about Babble-On and whatever else was on the plate that day (including the offering plate). I spent those years as a Catholic and a Congregationalist. When I was a teen, my dysfunctional familly moved from Mass achoo sits, to South Carolina. We went to Bull Swamp Baptist Church in North, South Carolina (do a Google if you don't believe me). That's when I got dunked in the pond. I hated being a Baptist as much as a the other crap that was forced down my throat! I always questioned my parents and the preacher on what was going on in my head. Eventually, I was seen as a troublemaker by both.

When I was an adult, I moved back to Mass. and was invited to some other church that "had all the answers". I somehow got sucked into it. It was The International Church of Christ (if anybody's heard of it). They're not part of the "mainline" CoC; but just as messed up. I call it "Mormons on Crack". Eventually I left that church. I checked out Scientology, Mormons, and even Jehovah Witnesses (they all invited me to their one, true church. Nobody had their own story straight. It made me feel better to know that even Religion is messed up.

I haven't been to church in over seven years. My wife and I tried the UU; but it too got my goatee! At least there I could say that "God's a chair" (sarcasm), and nobody could say anything!

Now I consider myself an Atheist. I thought calling myself Agnostic; but even that made me question things. If anything, I can watch Sunday morning cartoons:)

It's nice to be here. I've met some cool people in the IRC chat.

-Mike

Welcome Mike!

Man, your story is about like many of we who have managed to excape the clutches of the "One True Church".

Good to have you here, join in, read and kick back.

kevinL

Hello hello hello! :clap:

Hey Mike. Welcome.

You do sound like a troublemaker, dude.

You'll fit right in here.

Hi Mike,

Welcome.

JPD, one of the members here, was born into ICoC and has educated us a bit about it.

Glad to have you here.

Taph

Welcome Mike! Glad to that you survived the gauntlet of religion. And even better, you escaped with a sense of humor! "I forgot to get any receipts!" :lmao: My hat's off to you! Keep that sharp wit coming. :woohoo:

Guest pagmatic

Hi Mike,

Welcome.

JPD, one of the members here, was born into ICoC and has educated us a bit about it.

Glad to have you here.

Taph

Born into it? That's scary!! Glad he made it here too.

Welcome Mike! Glad to that you survived the gauntlet of religion. And even better, you escaped with a sense of humor! "I forgot to get any receipts!" :lmao: My hat's off to you! Keep that sharp wit coming. :woohoo:

My wife likes it too.