Goodbye Jesus

Lord knows, I tried....

charley

I was more fortunate than many of the more previously-brainwashed people here in that I was raised in a complacent suburban lutheran church. For the life of me, I could never make a bit of sense out of what they were saying. That made it easy to take or leave the whole thing. No one ever was confrontational, demanding input and emotionalism. That's what is hard to walk away from, because you become personally invested in it. My whole experience was being dragged into church by my parents, sitting in an obiediently bovine congregation and being bored to death. Many times I would listen to the pastor intently, but they allways seemed determined to intellectually and emotionally avoiding the crux of any issue. For instance, if the issue was in talking about a persons faith-troubles, the answer would be in "...reconciling oneself with christ....acknowledging our relationship to him...understanding that all knowledge is but a candle in darkness that expands infinitely beyond it's glow, making the efforts of our own reasoning futile (that ones a beauty!")... That's why the jesus icon holding the bible reading "blah, blah, blah" got my attention on the home page and made me look around here. That's what I heard all my life.

After a number of diverse professions, I now work in sales, and look at the throngs of people piling into churches and staring up into the air at NOTHING and somehow construing a worthwhile experience from it, as the ultimate sales success. All they have is an empty room, a sales pitch, and the plate passes and the money rolls in. To those who have met the challenge of sales, especially cold-calls, and have enjoyed the predatory exhileration of it.....the churches accomplishments in this regard is a true thing of beauty.

But, perhaps I'm digressing. When I was 15 an acquaintance loaned me a copy of the Satanic Bible by Anton LaVey. I read it and was completely fascinated by it. I still revere it greatly and am a contributing member of the Church of Satan. What needs to be clearly understood is that this is absolutely NOT about Satan as a diety, but only as a symbol of inner strength that is also a force in nature. Anyways, as I grew up, I had some scrapes with pentecostalism, even giving it a shot when I was 17. I was full-fledged born again, going to church around people who would fall to the ground in the middle of a service and begin speaking in tongues. Holy cow. What was I thinking? Well, on reflection it seems that I wasn't thinking very much at all, otherwise the obvious pelvic movements of the spinster ladies writhing on the floor while they spoke in tongues would have indicated to me that this was obviously a sublimated sexual experience. How unfortunate for them, to have a personality so fragmented from sin phobias that they are reduced to such levels. One good honest orgasm would have probably killed them from shame, if they couldn't attribute it to the holy spirit. Finally, after I had enough of this shit common sense prevailed, and their logic of faith-before-proof-is-revealed (which of course never came) was rejected and I got the hell out of there. Looking back, they were pretty good salesman. They need to hone their closing, though. I could do a much better job. And, as a young smartass eighteen year old boy, I did. I would challenge my friends that I could re-convert the occaisonally "backsliding" "jesus freak"(as we would call them then) and most of the time I was successful. Those bets won me many a six-pack and nickel-bag. Looking back, I guess I was laying the groundwork for a career in sales long before I ever considered it. I better fast-forward, because I'm 50 years old and I can't write a book here. Anyways, since the mid-90's, I have had a company that supplies dancers(strippers, as they hate being called) to bachelor parties. I considered it my responsibility to go with the girls to all of the parties and be the bodyguard, after having many troubles with hiring guys to do it. That culminated when once the party-clients paid off one to leave...so, from then on it was my job. I viewed it as further reason to do what I should do anyways--work out, study Tae-Kwon-Do, which I gave up for Jiu Jitsu and mixed martial arts. So, I became involed in this with both feet, seeing people from all walks of life (priests, rabis, leaders of the community, etc.) behave like the lowest scum when met with a little temptation and opportunity. I began to thoroughly hate people, until after the death of my mother last year devastated me so much that I was forced to reach out to people, mainly to double-check on my decision to commit suicide (I like to be thorough) after I wrote a suicide note and read it. Well, the enormous compassion I was granted by many wonderful people balanced my views that people are still very bad, AND very good. And now I am happy and doing well, all without one miserable prayer and solely by my efforts aided by good friends who are there when I need them. That's how I and I think everyone gets through the dark times. If there is a god that wants to be believed in, he needs to find a better argument. Because lord knows, I tried....

Wild Things! Eighteen and older only.

Welcome to the forums, Charley..

Sorry about your mom.

Glad you didn't decide to off yourself. Nothing's worth that. No use rushing things.

Hey, dude - You don't by any chance need some help in that business of yours, do you? I may be available. On the other hand, Jose may do it for free.

Check things out here, Charley. You're among friends.

Hey, dude - You don't by any chance need some help in that business of yours, do you? I may be available. On the other hand, Jose may do it for free

Ha, EVERYbody asks me that, and it's thoroughly understandable. Now, I'm moving everything to the internet because the control that gives me and the girls over who we interact with is really desirable progress for us. I am allways looking for a few ladies for this, eighteen and older, who can read of the culture and approach I have to the business here at a site I have especially for adult entertainment workers, or prospective ones who want to check it out :

XWORKER>NET FOR NEW AND EXPERIENCED ADULT ENTERTAINERS

Thank you very much for your other comments, they are deeply appreciated.

Hi Charley,

Welcome.

Christianity doesn't even have that great of a product either. However, every single Christian is their sales staff who pays for the priviledge of selling the product, recieves an imaginary compensation, and feels tremendous guilt and failure if they don't make quota.

Glad you found your way out of the darkness and found this site.

Taph

I just wanted to add that my best friend used to work in adult entertainment. I hate judgemental people who have their head up their ass, so as Mythra said you ARE among friends.

You are so right, Charley, about Christianity being the ultimate sales success story. Nothing but a big business, especially the TV preachers and mega-church ministers. Pick your desired product (salvation), hand in your cash, check or visa offering, and gain eternal life NOW! (Hey, I thought eternal life was supposed to be a GIFT, paid for by Jesus? Those lying scoundrels!)

Well, on reflection it seems that I wasn't thinking very much at all, otherwise the obvious pelvic movements of the spinster ladies writhing on the floor while they spoke in tongues would have indicated to me that this was obviously a sublimated sexual experience. How unfortunate for them, to have a personality so fragmented from sin phobias that they are reduced to such levels. One good honest orgasm would have probably killed them from shame, if they couldn't attribute it to the holy spirit.

I've often thought that Pentecostalism is just orgasmic Christianity! I mean, some churches even have an "afterglow" service!

...an "aftergkow" service..HA... I haven't thought of that in years. So funny, so true. Agter all of my years in doing the work outlined above, also into which I found time to study psychology and work as a massage therapist....I have found that sex is the real functioning "devil" in society. People would be horrified to know just how many of their pursuits were sexually inspired. It's hillarious to me, being a jaded old adult entertainment purveyor....to think that it is as if people look down at their privates and heared them speak back saying "BOO"!

Hey,

Welcome to the forum.

Yeah, organized religion is a business like any other. Most people just don't recognize it as such, but it really is another industry. If it was listed on the stock exchange, it would probably be up. ;)

Welcome, Charley.

Repressed/sublimated sexuality may be the #1 reason why it's so impossible for even intelligent people to dislodge themselves from anti-life Christianity. I doubt that the girl in "The Exorcist" masturbated with a crucifix simply because she'd misplaced her dildo.

Wow... he fit in so well I didn't realize he was new.

Welcome to ExChristians, Charley!

Hey, dude - You don't by any chance need some help in that business of yours, do you? I may be available. On the other hand, Jose may do it for free.

I'm not free, honey... I'm available.

:lmao:

Welcome Charley! Nice to see a Michigan homey on the boards.

Well, the enormous compassion I was granted by many wonderful people balanced my views that people are still very bad, AND very good. And now I am happy and doing well, all without one miserable prayer and solely by my efforts aided by good friends who are there when I need them.

I hear you, man. I'm going through that phase now, trying to wrap my head around the concept that people are good and bad, often at the same time. We are fascinating creatures that can be so saintly and good one minute, then turn around and do something horrible the next.

Humans - you gotta love 'em! :shrug:

Welcome, Charley.

I totally appreciate your assessment of Xianity as being a big sales pitch. I hear that. What amazes me is that you don't even get your product until after you're dead. What amazes me even more is that people fall for it. Wtf???

Anyhoo. Glad you found your way here.

I totally appreciate your assessment of Xianity as being a big sales pitch. I hear that. What amazes me is that you don't even get your product until after you're dead. What amazes me even more is that people fall for it. Wtf???

Anyhoo. Glad you found your way here.

......yes, the credulity of the masses, it's a thing of wonder. Way deep inside I wish things were different, with no need to distance myself from others in identity like we do here. Of course, part of me enjoys that too. Everyone wants to ponder everything that makes them unique. But, I guess this morning I am just a little too tired and impatient to deal with a lot of pretentious nonsense I see, hear, and read.

..Oh, I forgot to add that you all make me geel very welcome, and that's great because this board is one of the only places where anyone can share deprogrammed thought. I think in some of my other entries I may have already pissed at least one of you off, but let me go on record here now to say that if you were to speak in person with me about anything you would only find me adamant and blunt, terse and concise....just striving for clarity, that's all.

...well, enough about that....got to go work for the "ChristianIndustrialComplex"....