Goodbye Jesus

Aw, man...

godlessgrrl

Dude. I swear reading christianforums.com is lowering my IQ. :twitch:

I started reading over there after the whole missionary dating incident with FundieBoy, because I wanted to find out if Xians in general were really as messed up as he was. I learned a few things: one, no, they're generally not, they're just people like anybody else; two, there really isn't anything special, good, or particularly elite about being Xian; and three, there are enough nutjob Xians out there that it acts as a deterrent for me ever returning to the religion in the first place.

Lately a lot of threads have been vanishing. Mods are being delete-happy. I have no warnings yet, and I'm kind of surprised about that. I don't even wander over to the Xian-only section of the boards because I can't believe the sheer idiocy I see there. Sometimes it's mixed in with a great deal of compassion, but man, the gaping-mouth, blind faith just... dang. I dunno. It's like watching a deer in the headlights or something. Like watching turkeys in the rain. And then there are the stubborn, judgmental minority that stand as a glaring example of the worst of their religion. (Oddly enough, it's the CF Xians I dislike that I actually know by username... weird.)

I'm so glad there's a place like this to visit. I think I only read CF anymore because it's such a solid reminder of why I never want to go back to Xianity again. That, and it's nice to talk to intelligent people who aren't going to end up doing the spiral apologetics dance. I think my IQ is raised here! :D

I think CF is one of the things that has helped convince me once and for all that Xianity is nothing special. Nothing I want to be, nothing I want to believe in, nothing I want to have any part of. Heh - it's been an excellent witness, actually - just probably not the way the site founders and mods intended it to be.

Anyway. That's my rant. Thanks for reading. :thanks:

i cant stand christianongly forums i like discussing religion and having people of diffrent religions to discuss with.

heres one like http://www.interfaithforums.com/ it has an athiest section too. its pretty openminded from what i have seen so far.

my account was perma-banned from CF about half a year ago. I don't consider it a big loss.

Yeah, when the day comes, I don't think I'll consider it any big loss, either.

I'll probably just drift away before that happens anyway.

It's been useful being there for awhile though. I think I needed the exposure, oddly enough. It's been a good balancing experience, if that makes sense.

I noticed that CF can take you AWAY from a more spiritual path. Those with CO icons usually make the least sense. Very sad

ohmyfuckinggodfuckingsickpuppies!!!!! does no one on that site understand what the hell a hypothetical question is?

not if their name starts with an A, or L or R or 12

I was thinking of someone with an A, don't know the other ones. But I have a feeling it is more common a problem than those 4 characters.

yeah, it is, but she's the A1 leader of bad examples